• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

Etritonakin

Where are we now in biblical prophecy?

Old Testament | Joel2:30 ... blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

Joel 2 refers to the "day of the Lord" -and the blood, fire, etc... will be miraculous events.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

The "great tribulation" spoken of in Matthew, etc... is man warring with man -to which 9-11 is related. Though it has not really begun wholesale, 9-11 is one of the events which draws the world into it....

The day of the Lord, however, refers to God and his forces dealing directly with mankind....

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

The army spoken of in Joel 2 are God's angelic forces... not man's armies..

Joe 2:8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded. Joe 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief. Joe 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Etritonakin

He also said:

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

He had a non traditional take on God. None the less he was a great mind that believed in God in some way. If God doesn't reveal himself to the, and I quote

Then you would have to say that God reveals himself to no one considered by the world to be great in the mind or great in intelligence. This is completely false, and Newton would also like to have a word with you.

So yes, that part of the Bible has been proven false as has the flood and countless other ramblings.

That's weak -and still has nothing to do with what I said. Also, if you'd cease being consumed by your self-alleged self-importance and actually read the verse you'd notice that it says....
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

Furthermore, Einstein believing in some sort of God is not the same as God revealing his truths to him -or Einstein being called by God, etc...

Many "believe" things and even use the name of God -but this does not mean they were called by God, know God or understand what is written in his word.

Please read that to which you reply thoroughly before you reply -and maybe think about what you will post for a while -so you don't waste our time.

I'd love to have a word with Newton as soon as he is resurrected.

Last edited:

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
(I'll explain more later, but the king of the south at present is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Iran.

Actually, the real power in Iran is the "Supreme Leader" who is elected by the Assembly of Experts from the Counsel of Guardians.

While the current President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is quite controversial because of his flamboyant and provocative speeches, he certainly doesn't have the practical power in Iran that is weilded by the Supreme Leader. While I am certainly no expert on Iranian politics, I would respectfully suggest that you speak with any Persian, any current or former citizen of Iran, and they will tell you, the President is an administrative position and figurehead, more or less. The national will, so to speak, is driven by the Supreme Leader.

As a matter of fact, Ahmandinejad's practical political power suffers from internal dissents and fractures. He doesn't have a strong political grip on his position. If the Supreme Leader were to back another, the current president would never hold his office against such pressure.

At least that is my limited understanding. I could be wrong. But before I started trying to fit ole Mahmoud into Biblical prophesy, I'd do some research on the actual structure of Iran's government, as well as the practical powers within it.

Etritonakin

Actually, the real power in Iran is the "Supreme Leader" who is elected by the Assembly of Experts from the Counsel of Guardians.

While the current President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is quite controversial because of his flamboyant and provocative speeches, he certainly doesn't have the practical power in Iran that is weilded by the Supreme Leader. While I am certainly no expert on Iranian politics, I would respectfully suggest that you speak with any Persian, any current or former citizen of Iran, and they will tell you, the President is an administrative position and figurehead, more or less. The national will, so to speak, is driven by the Supreme Leader.

As a matter of fact, Ahmandinejad's practical political power suffers from internal dissents and fractures. He doesn't have a strong political grip on his position. If the Supreme Leader were to back another, the current president would never hold his office against such pressure.

At least that is my limited understanding. I could be wrong. But before I started trying to fit ole Mahmoud into Biblical prophesy, I'd do some research on the actual structure of Iran's government, as well as the practical powers within it.

Okie Dokie! It doesn't actually matter which has more actual power -and I did not try to fit Mahmoud into biblical prophecy. I think I said something like "Mahmoud Ahmadiejad's Iran" -which would include the supreme leader generally. Suffice it to say that the "powers-that-be" in Iran are generally the king of the south at this time. There have been more than one king of the south over time -as described in the bible. However, the "king of the south" refers to one who has power over military decisions -and while the supreme leader may appoint military leaders, and may have the power to overrule decisions concerning the military, I'm pretty sure ole' Mohmoud is the one with the power to wield the military -with approval -(after an admittedly shallow dive into Iran's governmental structure) -and would thus be the king of the south specifically. Even if the supreme leader has complete control of the military, he's not the one making the world twitchy -and it is doubtful that he has final say in "less-than-official" terrorist-type attacks. No one is actually afraid of the Iranian military -it's the terrorists and potential loose nukes that might go bouncing arounfd the world that makes us nervous.

The important things are that the kings of the south have been the rulers in Persia -that many do now stand against the king of the south due to their nuclear efforts and concerns of weaponization -that the robbers of Daniel's people -though they may not identify themselves as such -have exalted themselves against Iran by sending our troops into Iraq (our main goal) ...are not doing well and will soon fall.

I'll be really happy if they do not, as they represent the bulk of our economy, and their fall will affect us all -not to mention leaving our deployed troops extremely vulnerable. Should their gamble lead to the fall of our economy, the rest is not far behind.

The king of the south will also continue to push at the king of the north (the EU -g e n e r a l l y speaking) -which will eventually defeat the king of the south on the way to put an end to the mideast peace problem by essentially destroying it altogether (the final final solution, if you will). The "kings of the east" -Russia, China, etc... will rise against the king of the north (actually the king of the north will "catch wind of it" -and strike first) -and will have almost completely defeated the forces of the king of the north by the time he reaches the holy land -and all their armies (what is left of them) will be gathered in the valley of Megiddo....

Dan 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Dan 11:41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
Dan 11:42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
Dan 11:43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

The communists, etc.. will not only be interested in defeating the king of the north, but taking what spoil they can from the situation... but will also not fare well -as described in great detail in Ezekiel 38 and 39...
Eze 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
(too much to post)

They will have been gathered to Megiddo to war with each other, but will actually turn and attempt to war with the returning Christ....

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

and will not fare well....

Zec 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Last edited:

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
I am saying that the sybols in the bible are also interpreted by the bible. For instance...

Eze 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:

Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

So I am not interpreting myself, but merely reading the interpretation given.

I'm sorry, I am really not trying to be disrespectful or argumentative just for the sake of arguing. But I don't understand at all how you reached the conclusion that there was both prophesy and interpretaion in these verses above.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something or just so woefully unfamiliar with prophesy that it doesn't register with me. But both verses above are confusingly cryptic to me, from start to finish. There doesn't appear to be a clear, verifiable interpretation of any of the content.

However, I am willing to give most assertions a chance, even when someone claims they can predict the future by deciphering ancient texts. In that regard, how do you know your intpretrations are correct or that you're even on the right path? Have you conferred with others who have also reached similar conclusions? Has your ability to decipher Biblical prophesy ever "paid off", so to speak? I mean, have you ever predicted something that came to pass?

Finally, again I mean no offense, but if I had been given the keys to Biblical prophesy and could tap into God's schematic of the future, I would certainly look for a better place to reveal this knowledge than on the internet. Any crackpot can come on the internet and claim to know what the future holds through interpretation of religious texts, and in that regard, most people are going to be more than just a little skeptical. Most people, if not absolutely everyone, will probably competely dismiss these claims as someone trying to inflate their own importance. Many people will just see this as a flawed attempt of yours to make others think you know something very important, that God, the very Creator and Master Engineer of the Universe, deemed you so special as to communicate his holy truths to you personally. No disrespect, I'm just pointing this out so that you can refute it, if you are so inclined.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Okie Dokie! It doesn't actually matter which has more actual power -and I did not try to fit Mahmoud into biblical prophecy. I think I said something like "Mahmoud Ahmadiejad's Iran" -which would include the supreme leader generally. Suffice it to say that the "powers-that-be" in Iran are generally the king of the south at this time.

Cool. Now, I get it: The king of the south is not a person, but an entire nation, or at least the combined, powerful internal forces within the nation of Iran that directs its full might and power. Got it.

See, that's where I would have been completely lost if God tried to reveal his truths to me. I'd have argued with God that an entire nation cannot be a king. A king is a single person, an individual monarch. And I would have told God he needed to work on his figurative representations a little bit. (I used to be an editor and it still comes out of me every once in a while.)

I simply find all this fascinating . . . a bit unbelievable, but fascinating. But I suppose you are probably accustomed to skeptics by now. It's just not everyday I run into someone who can predict the future.

Etritonakin

Cool. Now, I get it: The king of the south is not a person, but an entire nation, or at least the combined, powerful internal forces within the nation of Iran that directs its full might and power. Got it.

See, that's where I would have been completely lost if God tried to reveal his truths to me. I'd have argued with God that an entire nation cannot be a king. A king is a single person, an individual monarch. And I would have told God he needed to work on his figurative representations a little bit. (I used to be an editor and it still comes out of me every once in a while.)

I simply find all this fascinating . . . a bit unbelievable, but fascinating. But I suppose you are probably accustomed to skeptics by now. It's just not everyday I run into someone who can predict the future.

(People predict the future every day -and even shape it -it's just that God is perfect at it.
What's that quote...??? ... "The best way to predict the future is to create it."

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: )

Now you're just being a smart-alec (which I'm not opposed to -I love sarcasm -I just love it when the eyes roll and the eyebrow is raised). There have been many kings of the south. Mahmoud IS one of them. The kings of the south are specific people. I had just never considered the supreme leader.
So -if you want me to be specific -many are not standing against the supreme leader -they are standing against Mahmoud specifically -though the supreme leader may be "involved" -which does make Mahmoud the king of the south spoken of in Daniel 11:14. There have been kings of the south throughout history -Mahmoud is only one of them.

My point is that, though the word "king" does refer to a single person, we're generally talking about Persia -Iran today. Though Mahmoud is the king of the south NOW, he may not be in power when the rest takes place -and perhaps the supreme leader may also have been replaced -not sure how that works.

Sooooooooo -while Mahmoud is now the king of the south described in Daniel 11:14, it is not absolutely necessary that he will be the king of the south by the time Daniel 11:40 takes place (when the king of the north gives 'em a final whoopin')-and so, collectively, the various kings of the south refer to -generally -Persia (now Iran).
Mmmmmmkay?
:facepalm:

I'm not an editor -or even a good writer -and don't mind clarifying -though I may be a bit sarcastic in return.
:p
--------------------------------------
We were discussing interpretation of symbols. Symbol=cedar in Lebanon. Interpretaion of symbol=the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon.

Study of what became of the Assyrian empire using other sources then allows understanding of the rest -as does further study of various bible verses.
For instance...

came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:
Eze 17:4 He cropped off the top of his young twigs, and carried it into a land of traffick; he set it in a city of merchants.....

Ashur-uballit II (Aššur-uballiṭ II), was the last king of theAssyrian empire. He reigned in the last capital city of Harran from 612 BC to 609 BC, having fled Nineveh during the siege and capture of that city by the Babylonian-Median army in 612 BC.

Harran (Akkadian: Harrânu; Ancient Greek: Κάῤῥαι; Latin: Carrhae) is a district of Şanlıurfa Province in the southeast of Turkey.
A very ancient city which was a major Assyrian commercial, cultural, and religious center,

etc... etc....

Last edited:

Etritonakin

Great -you hurt my brain and now I have a headache -thanks a lot! (it's my own fault, really)

hehehehehe -bye for now -will be back later -after a pain reliever.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Now you're just being a smart-alec (which I'm not opposed to -I love sarcasm -I just love it when the eyes roll and the eyebrow is raised). There have been many kings of the south. Mahmoud IS one of them. The kings of the south are specific people. I had just never considered the supreme leader.
So -if you want me to be specific -many are not standing against the supreme leader -they are standing against Mahmoud specifically -though the supreme leader may be "involved" -which does make Mahmoud the king of the south spoken of in Daniel 11:14. There have been kings of the south throughout history -Mahmoud is only one of them.

My point is that, though the word "king" does refer to a single person, we're generally talking about Persia -Iran today. Though Mahmoud is the king of the south NOW, he may not be in power when the rest takes place -and perhaps the supreme leader may also have been replaced -not sure how that works.

Sooooooooo -while Mahmoud is now the king of the south described in Daniel 11:14, it is not absolutely necessary that he will be the king of the south by the time Daniel 11:40 takes place (when the king of the north gives 'em a final whoopin')-and so, collectively, the various kings of the south refer to -generally -Persia (now Iran).
Mmmmmmkay?
:facepalm:

I'm not an editor -or even a good writer -and don't mind clarifying -though I may be a bit sarcastic in return.
:p
--------------------------------------
We were discussing interpretation of symbols. Symbol=cedar in Lebanon. Interpretaion of symbol=the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon.

Seriously, I am not trying to be a smart-alec, at least not in an attempt to ridicule. It is just my nature to be irreverent. So, lots of times, people don't understand that I'm just playin', not trying to belittle them. Please, check out any of my other posts. Usually, I am personally the butt of my own jokes more than anyone else.

I just find prophesy to be incredibly unbelievable. Personally, I think if there is a God, that He/She doesn't even have absolute knowledge of the future. God is most likely the universe's best guesser, but I think the future, being events that have yet to transpire, are quantities of knowledge that do not yet exist, and therefore they are unknowable, even by an omniscient being.

It seems to me that being omniscient God knows all there is to know. But there are things that God can't logically know because they do not exist, per say, as actual knowledge. For example, God certainly doesn't know the cheapest place for frappucino on Saturn. God doesn't know the average heartrate of a snagglesnatchasaurus. Why, because there are no frappucino makers on Saturn and I just made up a "snagglesnatchasaurus".

I believe knowledge of the future falls into this same catagory for the future does not exist yet and is not knowable, per say. However, that is just a personal opinion.

Honestly, I try to be open and fair with all posts on RF. I may make jokes, but I will give your assertions fair consideration.

But I will point out something I hope you will take seriously and that may be of practical improvement to your writings. As another respondent indicated, all those litanies of verses seem to be a bit too much. Personally, for me they make your posts too busy and burdensome to read; they confuse me and generally turn me away from reading your other thoughts. The most clear and easy to understand posts are often the simplest, where the writer states clearly his or her own thoughts and gives rational exposition as to their relevance.

But, that is really neither here nor there. You have your own style and that's cool. However, lots of time you might be saying something very important and profound, but I and many others will ignore it because of all the confusing and bothersome verses -- verses which you have even stated youself are not discernable by everyone, especially, lots of times, the most worldly wise and intelligent among us.

Etritonakin

I just find prophesy to be incredibly unbelievable. Personally, I think if there is a God, that He/She doesn't even have absolute knowledge of the future. God is most likely the universe's best guesser, but I think the future, being events that have yet to transpire, are quantities of knowledge that do not yet exist, and therefore they are unknowable, even by an omniscient being.

It seems to me that being omniscient God knows all there is to know. But there are things that God can't logically know because they do not exist, per say, as actual knowledge. For example, God certainly doesn't know the cheapest place for frappucino on Saturn. God doesn't know the average heartrate of a snagglesnatchasaurus. Why, because there are no frappucino makers on Saturn and I just made up a "snagglesnatchasaurus".

2I believe knowledge of the future falls into this same catagory for the future does not exist yet and is not knowable, per say. However, that is just a personal opinion.

Excellent points -and crucial.

Your ability to create a "snagglesnatchasaurus" -or potentially bring frappucino to the weary eventual inhabitants of Saturn is why God created you. You are a source of creativity, wonder and potentially eternal newness. He knows you can enjoy your existence and he can also enjoy your existence -and this is the meaning of life -to continually create wonderful things -and enjoy them together.

All the he created is known to him -he does know it all -can know it all. This is a quote from Christ... Luk 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

He has power over even cosmic events -he is that powerful -he can change any aspect of the creation by fiat....

Jos 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Jos 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed....

Yet you can still surprise him! He is a person -he feels sorrow, regret, joy, etc...

Though he did not know you would type "snagglesnatchasaurus" -he knows it now -and though you might have been irreverent, he is very understanding and still may have found humor in it -though he also feels anger, etc., at times -for good reason.

Though we may bring new things into existence, he has made it so that things can not become out of control. There is nothing we can do which cannot be undone -we have creativity, but are extremely limited in expressing it. The fact that we spend most of our energy keeping ourselves alive in one way or another -sleeping a third of our lives -manipulating the creation with flesh bodies and any extensions we may create -living only 120 years or so....etc... very much limit our ability to affect the universe.
He is responsible for what he has created -and consciencious.

He can eventually give us power similar to his own, but will not do so unless we will not use it to destroy.

He also understands things like DNA -having created it -psychology, various tendencies, etc.. enough to know GENERALLY how we will react to variouos things -and can predict our behavior -even what sort of personality we might have....

Gen 16:11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

...and can also supercede our own will and tendencies....

Exo 7:13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

So -while we have free will and some power -he has much more -supercedes our will -even from within at times -and uses his power to bring all things to the end he declared from the beginning -FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

He knows that our abilities must be coupled with understanding and discipline -and controls circumstances while bringing these things to pass. He is allowing us to go the way we choose -until we see by example that it only leads to destruction and misery. Only when we learn that he is God -that he should be obeyed -that he does know whereof he speaks -can we inhabit eternity without destroying it.

He is allowing us to nearly wipe out all life on earth -then he will show us how to do it right. He will enforce peace on earth -and when we learn these lessons -now or then -we can be made immortal.

Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Blackdog22

That's weak -and still has nothing to do with what I said. Also, if you'd cease being consumed by your self-alleged self-importance and actually read the verse you'd notice that it says....
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

Furthermore, Einstein believing in some sort of God is not the same as God revealing his truths to him -or Einstein being called by God, etc...

Many "believe" things and even use the name of God -but this does not mean they were called by God, know God or understand what is written in his word.
Please read that to which you reply thoroughly before you reply -and maybe think about what you will post for a while -so you don't waste our time.

I'd love to have a word with Newton as soon as he is resurrected.

I am responding to your statement that " Nothing in the Bible had been proven false" ,and " God didn't reveal himself to great minds"

Both of those are utterly false. First off Newton was a Christian was my whole point in naming him. It is said by Paul that we are "All called by Christ, but we must answer the call" If Newton was a follower of Christ and was considered a great mind then your statement was false. Who are you to assume who Christ has and has not called? Your book clearly disagrees with you. Who are you to assume that Newton did not know God? Your making assumptions to back up claims that are proven false by what is written in the Bible and reality itself.

You can't come in here and claim that white is black and then when I show you its not you get offended.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe knowledge of the future falls into this same catagory for the future does not exist yet and is not knowable, per say. However, that is just a personal opinion.

Without the book of Revelation the future is not knowable.
Revelation is a revealing. The book of Revelation is a revealing of the happy climax for men of goodwill.
Chapters 17 and 18 talks of the political world [kings],
and the commercial world [merchants],
and the religious world [queen].
The political sector will turn on the world's false religious sector [queen - Rev 18v7] because she has run afoul playing false to God and his Word.

The United Nations already sees a dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world. With backing the UN can be strengthened to turn on the world's religious sector or 'queen'. As in the far past, God will use the political 'ax' , so to speak, again. In that way God will get rid of Babylon the Great the world's religious sector that has proven itself false to God and his Word.
Then Jesus will take action according to Rev chapter 19 using the words of his mouth to be as sharp as an executioner's sword to rid the earth of the wicked thus opening up the way for Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

Etritonakin

I am responding to your statement that " Nothing in the Bible had been proven false" ,and " God didn't reveal himself to great minds"

Both of those are utterly false. First off Newton was a Christian was my whole point in naming him. It is said by Paul that we are "All called by Christ, but we must answer the call" If Newton was a follower of Christ and was considered a great mind then your statement was false. Who are you to assume who Christ has and has not called? Your book clearly disagrees with you. Who are you to assume that Newton did not know God? Your making assumptions to back up claims that are proven false by what is written in the Bible and reality itself.

You can't come in here and claim that white is black and then when I show you its not you get offended.

My original quote was "Actually, God purposefully does not use the great men or minds of the world to do his work -nor does he reveal things to them..." -and so that your obsessive mind doesn't blow a gasket I'm gonna add the word GENERALLY. So -as the point of reading a post is to actually comprehend what the post actually says -and to be able to focus of the main points, understand that my point was that all those big words you posted from learned people have little or nothing to do with God revealing himself to them -and that yes -SOMETIMES God does use the great minds and people of this world -but not GENERALLY -which is absolutely true -AND WHICH IS INCLUDED IN WHAT I POSTED if not that one sentence which you cannot seem to get out of your head.
Einstein may have believed in something, but this does not qualify him as a BELIEVER in the God of the bible -and this does not mean God revealed any truths to him.

I don't assume Newton did not know God -THAT IS YOUR ASSUMPTION -My point is that the fact that he believed in Christ doesn't NECESSARILY mean that God revealed anything to him. David Koresh was a "believer" -but that didn't go well, did it??? Jim Jones "believed" a bunch of God stuff -wasn't a swell time there in Jonestown, though -was it???????????? Now, before your barain makes a leap and thinks that I'm saying Newton was a cult leader, I'm not -I'm simply making the point that believeing in God does not equate to being called by him, used by him -or having anything revealed by him. Sometimes people believe IN God, but have little to do with him "actually".

You really have no clue what you're talking about -much less about what I'm talking about -you're completely missing the point -and are simply being annoying.
I'm sorry if this seems rude, I'm sure you're a great person, but I'm not going to obsess about one word with you -which has nothing to do with the actual point -any longer. You've proven nothing except that you can convince yourself of anything.

I really don't mean to be rude, but duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! You need to chillax and look at the big picture!
:confused:

Last edited:

Blackdog22

My original quote was "Actually, God purposefully does not use the great men or minds of the world to do his work -nor does he reveal things to them..." -and so that your obsessive mind doesn't blow a gasket I'm gonna add the word GENERALLY. So -as the point of reading a post is to actually comprehend what the post actually says -and to be able to focus of the main points, understand that my point was that all those big words you posted from learned people have little or nothing to do with God revealing himself to them -and that yes -SOMETIMES God does use the great minds and people of this world -but not GENERALLY -which is absolutely true -AND WHICH IS INCLUDED IN WHAT I POSTED if not that one sentence which you cannot seem to get out of your head.
Einstein may have believed in something, but this does not qualify him as a BELIEVER in the God of the bible -and this does not mean God revealed any truths to him.

You really have no clue what you're talking about -much less about what I'm talking about -you're completely missing the point -and are simply being annoying.
I'm sorry if this seems rude, I'm sure you're a great person, but I'm not going to obsess about one word with you -which has nothing to do with the actual point -any longer. You've proven nothing except that you can convince yourself of anything.

I really don't mean to be rude, but duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! You need to chillax and look at the big picture!
:confused:

Wow, I responded to something you spoke as matter of factly. If I can't respond to points you make in your posts how exactly am I to respond to you? Okay, cool you can spew nonsense and start insulting people when they refute your points which completely kills any want to debate with someone like you.

Notice I am not lowering myself to personal insults. You obviously have some issues you need to work out, and adding onto a statement to say "generally" changes what the Bible says about this. The Bible never said generally, and I am refuting the Bible. Your just making things up as you go.

Having said that. Exactly which point in the multitude of the things that you have posted am I allowed to refute? Please show what the hell your talking about. Because no one seems to know.

Etritonakin

Telling you that you have no idea what youre talking about -much less what I'm talking about -and that you are simply being annoying -are not insults -it's an honest expression of what's happening. If you had a valid point which wasn't on some vague tangent not related to the topic, then I would certainly acknowledge it.

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease feel free to not respond to me!!!!!!!!!!!

I will no longer be responding to you. Kudos on your self-control.

Last edited:

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I thought we were always on the brink of destruction. Should I get a sign that says "The end is neigh". I think calling "wolf" does not help when real trouble arrives.

BTW all those southern kings and lands are all well NORTH of Australia. Guess we don't count. Unless it relates to King Billy and Queen Truganini the last two full blood aborigines of Tasmania.

Cheers