• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is highest power of this universe ?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
On the scale of LOVE.
And nothing can be bigger than a scale on which it is being measured. :)

So when we measure love on a scale of hate, then we can determine that love is not bigger than hate.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Its the matter of LOVE, not a toy. :)

Mother is haunted by the LOVE of child,
Greedy is haunted by the LOVE of money,
Lusty is haunted by the LOVE of sex,
Angered is haunted by the LOVE of anger,
Self is haunted by the LOVE of ego,

Thus, LOVE is the president everywhere, People of the history, and the people are around you are proving it by their works. :)

But the food-starved are not haunted by the love of food, rather the need.
Nor are the love-starved haunted by the LOVE of love but rather the need.

In the first situation it is food that has the ability to satiate the need not love or LOVE.

While LOVE may be ever-present, LOVE cannot enable anyone to act without the requisite existence of that which they LOVE.

chinu

chinu
how do we know?

If food could not exist then love would have no basis to change this without food existing.

Similarly, if food was not available, then love would have no basis to change this without food becoming available.
If food doesn't exist, than its the will of LOVE not create any food. :)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
When you hate, than you LOVE to hate. :D

Not necessarily. Why, then, do I desire to get rid of hate that I feel for various things that aren't deserving of it?

And besides, again, this only applies to social animals. That can't be extended through the universe.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
There's only one method, and this is also nearest to you than any other method, That is, search yourself and see :)

It's quite dark inside. Care to lend me your flashlight and perhaps give me some direction?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Gravity bends space-time, i.e., the fabric of reality itself. What else in the universe can do that?

I was only pointing out that even gravity is only relatively more powerful.
Gravity cannot hold a nucleus of an atom together.
Gravity cannot hold a proton together.
Gravity cannot feed a starving child.

Power is Relative and contextual. :D

If two kids argue which super-hero is more powerful, they might likely find themselves at a stalemate because in certain contexts one is more powerful than the other.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I was only pointing out that even gravity is only relatively more powerful.
Gravity cannot hold a nucleus of an atom together.
Gravity cannot hold a proton together.
Gravity cannot feed a starving child.

Power is Relative and contextual. :D

If two kids argue which super-hero is more powerful, they might likely find themselves at a stalemate because in certain contexts one is more powerful than the other.

...must.... resist.........

And YES gravity can feed a starving child; it's via gravity that the food stays down. :p

chinu

chinu
Not necessarily. Why, then, do I desire to get rid of hate that I feel for various things that aren't deserving of it?
Than you LOVE to get rid of hate that you feel for various things that aren't deserving of it :)
And besides, again, this only applies to social animals. That can't be extended through the universe.
For the time being you are not having that eyes through which LOVE it is seen extended thorough out this universe. :)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Than you LOVE to get rid of hate that you feel for various things that aren't deserving of it :)

But the hate is not due to love of that hate, and the love can't easily get rid of hate. Therefore, the presence of hate is not dependent on love.

For the time being you are not having that eyes through which LOVE it is seen extended thorough out this universe. :)

We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Really do you think that i can flashlight to give you direction in that darkness? i think not :)

Then, as you and I are different in terms of our inner mazes, it follows through that everyone else's is different from yours.

Therefore, you cannot use yourself as a microcosm for everyone.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Muscles?

But good point. Darn interdependence.

And since typing, I came up with an even better example. Suppose the starving child is standing open-mouthed under a tree that bears edible, bite-sized fruit? Eventually one's going to fall into his/her mouth.