• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is highest power of this universe ?

Straw Dog

Hello chinu,

What do you think ? :)

The highest power isn't of this universe. It is the primordial potentiality beneath and beyond all possible universes. It is the sheer productive power spawning infinite dimensions of complexity. It is the primal being encompassing all transitory becoming.

This is just what I think at any rate. What do you think?

chinu

chinu
Hello chinu,

The highest power isn't of this universe. It is the primordial potentiality beneath and beyond all possible universes. It is the sheer productive power spawning infinite dimensions of complexity. It is the primal being encompassing all transitory becoming.
How this is in difference with LOVE ? :)

chinu

chinu
Without reading through the thread...

Measuring power in a universal sense is pretty difficult. First one has to define power. I'll use my standard definition which I'm sure someone will disagree with:

Power is the ability to control reality.

So, in order to determine which form of power is the highest, we'll have to establish what sets one form above another. I've nailed down a few things because I think about power all the time because I'm a nutball. ;)

Here they are:

1) Most forms of power require that you expend them in order to glean the control you desire. This is a risk, as once its expended, it doesn't necessarily come back and doesn't necessarily achieve your goals. Which means that these forms of power can be squandered and wasted. Any forms that fall into this category are lesser than any that do not.

2) Many forms of power are limited in their application. Some forms of power will make controlling some things very easy, and controlling other things very difficult. The forms of power that can be applied to the most situations are naturally higher than those that can be applied to fewer.

3) Most forms of power are reduced for the individual when shared with others. This creates another risk, as it is unfortunately the case that others will not always utilize power that we share with them in the ways we expect. Forms of power that do not reduce when shared are superior to those that do.

So, taking these three things into account, any form of power that is not expended when used, can be universally applied, and does not reduce when shared is probably pretty good. I don't know which would be the highest, but I'm going to take a stab with KNOWLEDGE!

Knowledge is not expended when utilized and actually increases with use.
Knowledge can be (and probably must be) applied to everything.
Knowledge, when shared, again does not reduce but actually increases.

I don't think knowledge is the only form of power that works this way, but I really can't think of any others right now.
Very good!
You succeded nailing down so many different froms of powers, That's Good, I admire, or in other words you LOVE to nail down (is that right?) or in other words you are already being nail downed by LOVE before nailing down "Him" :)
So, in order to determine which form of power is the highest, we'll have to establish what sets one form above another. I've nailed down a few things because I think about power all the time because I'm a nutball. ;)
But, very sadly you failed to nail down, what nail downed YOU to do all this :D

chinu

chinu
Depending upon distance. I'm thinking big, universe sized distances.
And I don't know nuthin about that dark energy stuff.
But to discover LOVE or Gravity depends on how subtle is you thinking, rather than Big, its just my opinion, so just try to take it easy, and i hope you can :)

chinu

chinu
see relative and contextual :D
As he LOVES to, Don't disturb his point of view, George.:)
One can never change anybody's point of view, becuase everybody LOVES their own point of view, George. :)
But, yes one LOVES to change the tactic of life after knowing the benifit which one is getting after changing that tatic, George. :)

So, just try to LOVE others, Don't forget LOVE is the highest and president over everywhere, one is already being haunted by LOVE, before haunting "Him" :)

I hope you are getting me, George. :)