• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is highest power of this universe ?

Curious George

Veteran Member
The other responses did not cover anything relative.

Without gravity you dont have galaxies.
Without gravity the earth doesnt rotate around the sun.
Without gravity there is no life.

While a weak force, it is not weak next to a black hole.

While it can be argued that the power holding atoms together is important, it is not a stronger force then gravity

Fundamental Forces

Index

Fundamental force concepts

Coupling constants
without any of these we do not have a galaxy, a sun, or life.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
but that my friend is contextual and relative

When the highest power was asked for, the all-powerful parameter was not required.

Gravity bends reality itself. It also operates on a scale much larger than any other force. It's also potentially more destructive than anything else.

Therefore, IF there is a hierarchy, gravity is at the top, even though not omnipotent.

outhouse

Atheistically
When the highest power was asked for, the all-powerful parameter was not required.

Gravity bends reality itself. It also operates on a scale much larger than any other force. It's also potentially more destructive than anything else.

Therefore, IF there is a hierarchy, gravity is at the top, even though not omnipotent.

I wish I had a way with words like you ;)

Curious George

Veteran Member

And any answer is going to relative to whatever parameters any one places to make a definitive answer.

Sorry but arguing for gravity is like saying this superhero is stronger than that superhero. If I give an answer, say love, or gravity, or electromagnetic force, or God then we circle into an endless debate because we are looking at the same problem from different perspectives. While I understand why you might believe gravity is the strongest, that is only one perspective.

chinu

chinu
The Great Dao is ultimately beyond all words and concepts. It is beneath the distinction-making apparatus of ego-mind. We can only point at it with words or dance around it with concepts. It is empty, and yet it is inexhaustible. The more it works, the more comes out of it. No amount of words can fathom it. It is better to look for it within.
And the same goes with LOVE too, how it is not ? tell me :)

chinu

chinu
Well the highest power is the creator and maintainer which is god. The purpose of god is to be the highest power.
But they can differ because god according to some cultures is essentially the master or lord of something or the highest known power. This is how the concept of Ba'al arose in the Semitic lands along with Elyon meaning the "the highest", Mawlana Rabb and Adonai.
The names have sometimes been used for people or god but all were used to denote the highest being or most supreme.
Some liberal theists for example claim that god is the result of the universe and instead of the other way around. This means that god is just the most powerful or highest power IN the universe not OF the universe. So there is also a bit of deception in that word as well. God is not merely a supernatural being, god is just an powerful entity at its least.

So taking this into consideration the highest, most powerful and most awesome being being known IN this would have to be myself :D
And how God is in difference with LOVE ? tell me :)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
And how God is in difference with LOVE ? tell me :)

I the Lord God am the creator and sustainer of love, order, peace and all of existence.
For futher explanation please call my secretary angel at www.GotGod.com ;).

Joking aside I do not believe god has emotions like us. Love has no place in an all powerful being

chinu

chinu
J.R.R. Tolkien's magnum opus. The story is basically that the world was created by music. FREAKING MUSIC! Most AWESOME creation story EVER! (and it absolutely involves love)
Well, i don't know what the story is, But am agreed that this whole world is created by sound, because the true form of LOVE is sound which is coming directly from the home of LOVE/ God.

Infact, When these sound waves increases more and more in quantity, they trun into light/love/god. :)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
And any answer is going to relative to whatever parameters any one places to make a definitive answer.

Sorry but arguing for gravity is like saying this superhero is stronger than that superhero. If I give an answer, say love, or gravity, or electromagnetic force, or God then we circle into an endless debate because we are looking at the same problem from different perspectives. While I understand why you might believe gravity is the strongest, that is only one perspective.

In terms of hierarchy, there's only a few superheros who serve as "leaders" of the various groups, and there's only a few superheroes with potentially infinite strength.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well, i don't know what the story is, But am agreed that this whole world is created by sound, because the true form of LOVE is sound which is coming directly from the home of LOVE/ God.

Infact, When these sound waves increases more and more in quantity, they trun into light/love/god. :)

No, no, no, not just "Sound". Illuvatar(basically God) actually held a full-fledged symphony called The Great Music.

chinu

chinu
One's an emotion only felt by social animals. The other is the effect large bodies have on space-time.
No, Both are one with each other, One is felt by social animals and other one is also felt by different type of social animals, the only difference is that we are unable to understand their sociality, one effects the small bodies, and another one effects the large bodies.
All love is attraction, but not all attraction is love.
Bring magnet near to iron, or bring iron near to magnet, the result is same.
Say, magnet is attracted towards iron, or iron is attracted towards magnet, its same.

Rusty iron cannot attract magnet, similarly a rusty magnet cannot attract iron. :)
In the universe, rejection is equally as powerful,
Because as one LOVES to reject. :)
if not moreso. After all, my first choice was gamma ray bursts, which are about something LEAVING their source, and are capable of pretty much destroying everything in their paths (it's hypothesized that a gamma ray burst may have caused the mass extinction on earth 450 million years ago.)
That because gamma rays LOVES to destroy/bursts.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
No, Both are one with each other, One is felt by social animals and other one is also felt by different type of social animals, the only difference is that we are unable to understand their sociality, one effects the small bodies, and another one effects the large bodies.

Planets, etc. are not animals at all, and if they're sentient, it's of a form completely alien to ours.

It's not at all akin.

Bring magnet near to iron, or bring iron near to magnet, the result is same.
Say, magnet is attracted towards iron, or iron is attracted towards magnet, its same.

Rusty iron cannot attract magnet, similarly a rusty magnet cannot attract iron. :)

Magnetism isn't love.

Because as one LOVES to reject.
:)

That because gamma rays LOVES to destroy/bursts.

No, that's not love. That's just what they do. Gamma ray bursts are not sentient at all, and so have not the components necessary to feel love.