• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is highest power of this universe ?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Like, just a single drop of blood is enough to measure the total blood in the body, rather than taking out the whole blood. Similarly, individual itself is enough to measure the highest power of this universe, because of course, we all are the part of that highest power.

Thus, no need to debate, Just search yourself, because your ownself is the nearest lab to test this. :)

However, at the end i LOVE to say that you will find only LOVE ;)

And Chinu LOVES to point out that all perspectives are the same. Perhaps, the only argument to "relative and contextual;" But, such knowledge still comes from a perspective, albeit a perspective which encompasses other perspectives.

If it be so, Chinu, there is plenty of time to revel in such thought tomorrow. But those looking for tomorrows wisdom will forget to enjoy the compassion available today.

chinu

chinu
If it be so, Chinu, there is plenty of time to revel in such thought tomorrow.
Just for your kind information, its not just a thought to revel, its a permanet state of affair to revel, whereas all other things are temprarory in comparison to that. :)
But those looking for tomorrows wisdom will forget to enjoy the compassion available today.
And that just because one LOVEs not to forget this enjoyable compassion which is avilable today. :)

Last edited:

Jeremiah

"Which is highest power of this universe ?"

I see a lot of focus on gravity due to it's vast influence but does that also mean it is the "highest". I don't consider the blood in my body to be the highest power in my body; despite the fact that it is essential to the healthy function of every part of my being. I consider the cognitive abilities of my mind the highest power. And when considering these powers and it numerous functions I do not consider the subconscious functions nor the entire nervous system to be the included in that "Highest". The highest would be that part of higher thought which provides to me self awareness, reason, logic, and the ability to reconcile it all with the passions of my heart. This is probably physically speaking a small part of my being, but clearly the highest power I possess.

I would have to say that anything, no matter how small or finite, that possess self awareness is on a higher level than something which does not. And something that posses the higher intellect giving way to reason, despite its fragile nature, is even higher so. Than anything with an emotional development matching this higher reason, is even higher. And that anything with the the ability to reconcile this developed emotional self and intellectual self with each other is yet higher.

I venture to suggest that with this ability to process thought on this higher intellectual level married with the passions of a developed emotional self, that we start to breach the possibility to influence the flow of cause and effect. I suggest the possibility that there exist a state in which an entity can weaken the bonds of cause and effect and take for itself a small measure of freedom. If such a state did exist then I think that this would be the highest power in the universe. And as of yet, Humans are the closest known entity to this position. While we are still slaves our-self, we do flirt with the edge of gaining a small portion of power. Yet an entity with no intellectual thought or the ability of emotions is forever a slave to cause and effect.

I was also like to add that while it may move from entity to entity, that these cognitive abilities and emotional abilities are a constant factor in this universe. It would be very unlikely if humans were the first occurrence and it is very unlikely they will be the last. The entities that possess these abilities may be finite but as long as the universe continues to provide the right environment these type of entities are bound to happen.

chinu

chinu
"Which is highest power of this universe ?"

I see a lot of focus on gravity due to it's vast influence but does that also mean it is the "highest". I don't consider the blood in my body to be the highest power in my body; despite the fact that it is essential to the healthy function of every part of my being. I consider the cognitive abilities of my mind the highest power. And when considering these powers and it numerous functions I do not consider the subconscious functions nor the entire nervous system to be the included in that "Highest". The highest would be that part of higher thought which provides to me self awareness, reason, logic, and the ability to reconcile it all with the passions of my heart. This is probably physically speaking a small part of my being, but clearly the highest power I possess.

I would have to say that anything, no matter how small or finite, that possess self awareness is on a higher level than something which does not. And something that posses the higher intellect giving way to reason, despite its fragile nature, is even higher so. Than anything with an emotional development matching this higher reason, is even higher. And that anything with the the ability to reconcile this developed emotional self and intellectual self with each other is yet higher.

I venture to suggest that with this ability to process thought on this higher intellectual level married with the passions of a developed emotional self, that we start to breach the possibility to influence the flow of cause and effect. I suggest the possibility that there exist a state in which an entity can weaken the bonds of cause and effect and take for itself a small measure of freedom. If such a state did exist then I think that this would be the highest power in the universe. And as of yet, Humans are the closest known entity to this position. While we are still slaves our-self, we do flirt with the edge of gaining a small portion of power. Yet an entity with no intellectual thought or the ability of emotions is forever a slave to cause and effect.

I was also like to add that while it may move from entity to entity, that these cognitive abilities and emotional abilities are a constant factor in this universe. It would be very unlikely if humans were the first occurrence and it is very unlikely they will be the last. The entities that possess these abilities may be finite but as long as the universe continues to provide the right environment these type of entities are bound to happen.
And what are views on LOVE ? isn't it the highest of all ? what do you think. :)

Curious George

Veteran Member
Just for your kind information, its not just a thought to revel, its a permanet state of affair to revel, whereas all other things are temprarory in comparison to that. :)

And that just because one LOVEs not to forget this enjoyable compassion which is avilable today. :)

and to realize the game is to escape the game and to escape the game is to no longer play: no- better to forget.

outhouse

Atheistically
And any answer is going to relative to whatever parameters any one places to make a definitive answer.

Sorry but arguing for gravity is like saying this superhero is stronger than that superhero. If I give an answer, say love, or gravity, or electromagnetic force, or God then we circle into an endless debate because we are looking at the same problem from different perspectives. While I understand why you might believe gravity is the strongest, that is only one perspective.

Gravity is the glue that holds the universe and life together. It also has more power and force then anything else.

Every star and planet in the universe is bound by gravity, and nothing escapes a black hole that has the whole galaxy in its hand.

Its not a perspective unless you can name something stronger then a black hole that bends time space we have our champion.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Gravity is the glue that holds the universe and life together. It also has more power and force then anything else.

Every star and planet in the universe is bound by gravity, and nothing escapes a black hole that has the whole galaxy in its hand.

Its not a perspective unless you can name something stronger then a black hole that bends time space we have our champion.

Firstly, relativistic jets escape a black hole, secondly the power of the black hole is relative to the distance from the black hole. Gravity is much weaker than strong force, weak force, and electromagnetic force. In theory electromagnetic force could bend space time as well. But even pursuing that angle is making claims which are relative and contextual.

But never mind that the universe first existed in a singularity- despite the gravitational force of such a singularity what happened? Oh that is right something escaped-

outhouse

Atheistically
Doesnt matter how you spin it.

Gravity holds whole galaxies together, electromagnetic force does not.

A black hole has more power then all electromagnetic forces combined.

in theory or imagination doesnt cut it

relativistic jets are thought by some to be powered by the black hole, so that is not overcoming anything.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Because you do not LOVE to :)

Fine. I'm going to regard these dismissions of yours as being that you don't have any arguments, and are just speaking these things 'cause you LOVE to, but don't actually have any real basis for them.

That because, LOVE has forcefully made me a poet among the people, rather than i LOVE to be a poet, that's the difference, Friend. :)
Kinda.. MAD poet.

I was born a bard. I've always been a storyteller. I can't help being one. I can't help but look at the world through a poet's eyes.

But I CAN still recognize the difference between how I see the world and how the world actually IS.