• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which of all churches on earth is the only true church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceDLimber

Wrong question.

I quote the Baha'i scriptures:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

—(Gleanings, CXI, pp. 217-8)

Best! :)

Bruce

jtartar

Is your church the only church teaching the absolute true principles of Christ?

docwholladay,
I have put several items on posts about the true religion. Every time one of the rulers, MASADA, removes my post, saying I must not be specific in answers. I believe that because he is a Musulm he is prejudiced against Christians.
I can only tell you what you should look for in a religion. The very things that you would think would be the favored religion of God, are NOT!!!
Notice what Jesus said about the religion that is favored by God, 1Cor 1:26-29. Notice that God has not chosen the wise and intellectual, nor the powerful, nor the rich.
Actually, the Bible tells us that God has chosen the poor to be heirs of the Kingdom, James 2:5. James and John said that Christians are no part of the world, James 4:4, 1John 2:15-17.
Jesus said that true followers of His would be hated by all the nations, just as he was, Matt 10:22, 24:9. That it is not the popular religion that God favors, but the religion that is hated by all the nations, Luke 6:20-26.
One very important thing Paul said is: There should not be divisions in the truer religion, 1Cor 1:10. As you see, they should be so close that they would have the same line of thought.
Peter said that people of the true religion should always be ready to tell anyone the reason for the hope in them, 1Pet 3:15.
Jesus said that God is looking for ones to worship Him in spirit and TRUTH, John 4:23,24.
All true Christians must learn the truth of God's word so they do not twist the scriptures, 2Pet 3:15-7.
True Christians want to be sure they do not stumble anyone, Matt 18:6,7, 1Cor 8:11, James 3:1.
Christians must follow Jesus' steps closely, 1Pet 2:21.
Christians must study God's word regularly so as to understand God's message, and be able to PROVE the things we say, and make sure we do the things pleasing to Him, Rom 12:2, Eph 6:10, 17, 1Thess 5:21,
When you find the religion that fulfills all these requirements, you have found the ONE TRUE RELIGION.

A

angellous_evangellous

Not all churches can be the true church, due to the extreme differences between some of them. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.

They can all be right, but they can't all be wrong.

A

angellous_evangellous

Only seven?

(One wonders were these were plagiarized from)

EDIT = Dang, those principles are spammed all over the internet.

My best guess for your source is http://bestreligion.org/

MurphtheSurf

Only seven?

(One wonders were these were plagiarized from)

EDIT = Dang, those principles are spammed all over the internet.

My best guess for your source is The Best Religion

That came from the book "Reasoning from the Scriptures". I could have written it all myself because I know these things, :yes: but in the interest of time I pasted it.

I looked at your link and it seems that that web site did the plagiarizing.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

That came from the book "Reasoning from the Scriptures". I could have written it all myself because I know these things, :yes: but in the interest of time I pasted it.

Well now we know the quality of the book.

You really can't think of more than these 7 principles? It seems that you're letting the book do the thinking for you.

MurphtheSurf

Well now we know the quality of the book.

You really can't think of more than these 7 principles? It seems that you're letting the book do the thinking for you.
I do refrain from worldly thinking and attitudes, but just like any other educational tool, such books only present the material and it is up to the student to either learn from it or reject it.
I think for myself thank you, and it is by my own free will that I have discerned that I have the truth, no matter how distasteful it may seem to the worldly and the clergies of false religion.

As for the quality of the book in question; am I to assume that you have a copy and have studied it?

A

angellous_evangellous

I do refrain from worldly thinking and attitudes, but just like any other educational tool, such books only present the material and it is up to the student to either learn from it or reject it.
I think for myself thank you, and it is by my own free will that I have discerned that I have the truth, no matter how distasteful it may seem to the worldly and the clergies of false religion.

As for the quality of the book in question; am I to assume that you have a copy and have studied it?

You didn't answer the question.

drsatish

For the Best of ANYTHING on Earth…
You can USE Advanced Tools like..
Google Search..
with the Search Term “Best Church on Earth”
similar to your usual terms..”Best Footwear on Earth”
…Best Date on Earth..
..Best Car on Earth..
If you CAN’T get an APPROPRIATE ANSWER from Google Search Engine..
I highly RECOMMEND…you…CHANGE your SEARCH ENGINE..
TO
Your..Conscience…
And Type in the Question….What AM I SEARCHING FOR?
SEO(Search Engine Optimized Nomenclature)
Satish

elmarna

while there are many churches to say exist. It is best to say that not every 1 of them speaks of christ. The trurhs of them are based in the beliefs that let them see the world in the way they relate. place the truths in front of them & they can be very much responding in the world with aspects of a church you describe,but with different words.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have scanned Murph's mind (after clearing away all the risque images & thoughts), & found that he has indeed applied independent thought to arrive at the "true church".
Of course, it isn't the true church for me & many others, but such is the nature of things spiritual. Glad to see you back for a spell, Murph!

MurphtheSurf

I have scanned Murph's mind (after clearing away all the risque images & thoughts), & found that he has indeed applied independent thought to arrive at the "true church".
Of course, it isn't the true church for me & many others, but such is the nature of things spiritual. Glad to see you back for a spell, Murph!
Despite you being a heathen, you're a good man Rev. :rolleyes:

I like your tag line too.

InChrist

Free4ever
[FONT=&quot]We I hear the claim made by any organized group, denomination, or church that they are the true church, then I know they are a false church.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What is the church ?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The first time we find the word church is in Mt.16:18 where Jesus says he will build his church upon the revelation the Father gave Peter which he openly confessed. It is called the church of God which he had purchased with his own blood. From this we can see the church began with Christ raising from the dead and ascending and sending the Holy Spirit to birth and bring together a new entity. The Greek word is ekklesia (which is used 114 times in the NT) which means a called out assembly (Ek = out of Kaleo= to call ) It is never used of a building or of the kingdom of God. The church is not the kingdom but included in it. The Church is s spiritual organism, invisible composing all believers world wide from the time of its inception on Pentecost until the taking away of the church at the rapture. The Holy Spirit gave it its birth Acts 2:33 and we become part by spirit baptism 1 Cor12:13 by being born again of the Spirit. No one joins the church unless they are joined to Christ first.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No one is told to join the church because it is an automatic placing of one in the body of which Christ is the head "[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

the True church

Status
Not open for further replies.