• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which text from the Christian Bible uniquely proves that Jesus is Almighty God?

jimb

Premium Member
First -- God created man. From the dust or soil. Then He created woman from the man. That's two, anyway. Not three. And-- of course -- the woman was to be in subjection to her husband, from which she came.
I'm glad you can count. I never said anything about three.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm glad you can count. I never said anything about three.
Good. So when God said "Let us create man in our image," do you imagine or think there were three persongods there, perhaps all three speaking at the same time? Did God create three in their image? or two?
"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itselfd and every creature that crawls upon it.”
27So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them."

Anyway, you're getting a little excited, so I'll leave off this discussion for a while and perhaps you can talk about it in a better way another time. Bye for now...(Genesis 1:26,27 hope you read it

)

jimb

Premium Member
Good. So when God said "Let us create man in our image," do you imagine or think there were three persongods there, perhaps all three speaking at the same time? Did God create three in their image? or two?
"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itselfd and every creature that crawls upon it.”
27So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them."

Anyway, you're getting a little excited, so I'll leave off this discussion for a while and perhaps you can talk about it in a better way another time. Bye for now...(Genesis 1:26,27 hope you read it

)
Bye!

jimb

Premium Member
my but you dont like any part of
god's arrangement .marriage was Gods doing from the very beginning
Okay, I'll repeat my post...

This is clearly sexist nonsense! If you're married (which I hope you're not, for the woman's sake), is this the way you treat your wife?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Great post! Thanks for writing this, although I don't think it will penetrate closed minds.
Please, don’t talk about “closed minds.”
That’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

When Jesus called his Father “the *only* true God” (John 17:3), what does “only” mean?
it’s quite clear.

I guess you don’t believe it.

jimb

Premium Member
Did Eve know she was not to eat from the tree in the Garden?
Genesis 3:2-3, "The woman [Eve] said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit from the trees of the orchard; but concerning the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the orchard God said, ‘You must not eat from it, and you must not touch it, or else you will die.’ " So Eve clearly knew that she wasn't supposed to eat the fruit.

jimb

Premium Member
Please, don’t talk about “closed minds.”
That’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

When Jesus called his Father “the *only* true God” (John 17:3), what does “only” mean?
it’s quite clear.

I guess you don’t believe it.

It's VERY clear -- if it's not taken out of context.

John 17:1-5 [with my emphasis added], "When Jesus had finished saying these things, he looked upward to heaven[b] and said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you -- just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him. [If He were not God, clearly He could not do that!!!] Now this is eternal life—that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent. I glorified you on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory I had with you before the world was created."

Any literate person can see, unmistakably, that Jesus was God, came to earth for a few years as a human, and returned to His divine status. Notice that Jesus may give eternal life to everyone He was given. Only God can give eternal life!

I guess that you are unable to believe what the Bible clearly says.
I am guessing that is because your mind is closed.

YoursTrue

Genesis 3:2-3, "The woman [Eve] said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit from the trees of the orchard; but concerning the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the orchard God said, ‘You must not eat from it, and you must not touch it, or else you will die.’ " So Eve clearly knew that she wasn't supposed to eat the fruit.
That's right! Excellent.

YoursTrue

John 17:1-5 [with my emphasis added], "When Jesus had finished saying these things, he looked upward to heaven[b] and said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you -- just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him. [If He were not God, clearly He could not do that!!!] Now this is eternal life—that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent. I glorified you on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory I had with you before the world was created."

Any literate person can see, unmistakably, that Jesus was God, came to earth for a few years as a human, and returned to His divine status. Notice that Jesus may give eternal life to everyone He was given. Only God can give eternal life!

So God, the only true God Jesus spoke about, gave Jesus authority over all humanity. How interesting.

cataway

"When Jesus had finished saying these things, he looked upward to heaven[b] and said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you''

i have to wonder why it is when Jesus is speaking calling out to his God that you can then turn it around to make Jesus the father and God. he was not talking to himself was he ?
you said something about Any literate person.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

All this , and you still didn’t answer my question.
What does “only” mean?

Your mind is the closed one!

Did you even read the part prior to what you highlighted? Apparently not….

“Glorify your Son, so that your Son may glorify you -- just as you have given him authority over all humanity, so that he may give eternal life to everyone you have given him.

Jesus could do that (why?) because authority was *given* him!

Matthew 28:18