• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

While an apology was issued from NATO, this was completely absurd that it was suggested in the first place.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It makes me wonder, what is really going on here?
Excerpted...

NATO official admits comments on Ukraine giving up territory to gain membership were a 'mistake'​

Story by Jenni Reid •9h

Stian Jenssen, director of the private office of the NATO secretary-general, was criticized over comments during a panel debate Tuesday.
Jenssen subsequently told Norwegian newspaper VG that his choice of words was a mistake.

Attachments

• 1692228175834.png
    1692228175834.png
    68 bytes · Views: 37

lukethethird

unknown member
I'm kinda viewing this as a Freudian slip.

I never thought thought giving up territory would ever be a requirement for NATO membership.
Why not? This was an easternmost Ukraine border dispute from the very beginning. Perhaps you were blindsided by western mainstream media and the military industrial complex's continual exploitation of the situation.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why not? This was an easternmost Ukraine border dispute from the very beginning. Perhaps you were blindsided by western mainstream media and the military industrial complex's continual exploitation of the situation.
Call me old fashioned, but I consider the rape, torture, and murder of Ukrainian civilians - especially children - at the hands of Russian invaders/occupiers to be uncool.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

It makes me wonder, what is really going on here?

It's not unusual for politicians to use emotionalism for political gains.
Just better if they don't say it out loud.
Most folks don't mind being motivated by emotions but they don't like knowing it's being intentionally done.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's all about winning...and who the winner is.
That's the US narrative.
It's about defending people's land, liberty, lives, and livelihoods from an unprovoked invasion and subsequent war crimes.

Your asinine prattle isn't going to wash the blood of innocents off of Putin's hands. Don't you identify as a Christian? Better drop to your knees immediately and pray profusely for forgiveness.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's about defending people's land, liberty, lives, and livelihoods from an unprovoked invasion and subsequent war crimes.

Your asinine prattle isn't going to wash the blood of innocents off of Putin's hands. Don't you identify as a Christian? Better drop to your knees immediately and pray profusely for forgiveness.

The US Deep State provoked this war and used the Ukrainian soldiers as human shields against Putin.
So many of them died for the sake of their ambitious project to dethrone Putin.

I am not the one who needs to apologize.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The US Deep State provoked this war and used the Ukrainian soldiers as human shields against Putin.
So many of them died for the sake of their ambitious project to dethrone Putin.

I am not the one who needs to apologize.
How did the deep state/freemasons/illuminati/Jews, etc. provoke Putin into invading Ukraine? Ukrainian soldiers are fighting and dying to defend the land, liberty, and lives of their people. Putin's regime has committed horrible crimes against civilians, and you want to brush it under the rug with trashy, braindead conspiracy theories.

You abide the rape and torture of children because you fetishize despots. Disgusting and disgraceful.

lukethethird

unknown member

Call me old fashioned, but I consider the rape, torture, and murder of Ukrainian civilians - especially children - at the hands of Russian invaders/occupiers to be uncool.
Sorry, but I can't get excited by bad, one sided reporting, neither can I get worked up over a border dispute. Warmongering and dehumanizing others has never been my thing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sorry, but I can't get excited by bad, one sided reporting, neither can I get worked up over a border dispute. Warmongering and dehumanizing others has never been my thing.
How about getting "worked up" over verified war crimes? And "warmongering"? You're literally an apologist for it by trying to excuse/justify Russia's invasion. As for "one sided reporting", when have you ever offered anything remotely credible or substantiated? You abide child rape, and your POV is trash.