• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are RF's Artists?

Erebus

Completely forgot about this thread. Got a few new(ish) models to post. Won a player's choice award in a tournament not long ago. The models themselves are mostly from Mantic.

P1070879.jpg

P1070869.jpg

P1070884.jpg

P1070873.jpg

(by the way, the photobucket profile is the event organiser's, not mine. The pictures have been posted on a few websites though so I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind ;))

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think interior decorating is an art form, and I just redecorated our guest room. I have to admit, I think it turned out well, thanks to Pier One!

281424_10150394479699377_792524376_10573434_2742768_n.jpg

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
I do enjoy some art when i have time/ feel inspired. Haven’t had much time of late, which is a shame. Hopefully i can change that though.

This is a triptych i made a little while ago as a bit of an experiment. It’s made from 3 pieces of wood hinged together. The pictures are all centred on a sort of 'power' theme, tied in with a contrast of man-made vs. natural, with a vibe of decay and aging underpinning it.
On the left is a local electricity pylon a bit of an eye sore on the mountainside, in the centre is 'Cefn Coed Colliery' an old welsh coal mine which in its old age has gained beauty and cultural importance and on the right is an proud old tree.

I used multiple photos to create a partial collage of the scene, then augmented it with watercolour painting to create the effect of continuation of the image outside the photos themselves. It’s not the most impressive painting as it was rushed a tad, but it was more in experimenting with this photo/paint style.

I highly recommend it as a technique, especially for those who are beginning, feeling a bit rusty or are pushed for time. You can get really aesthetically pleasing results without it being a hugely challenging project.

Alex

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Interesting.
(That's a good thing.)
Ditto! :D

I hope you don't mind a little critique... The two panels on the left flow really well into each other and tie the two images visually... but the one of the right feels disconnected from the others, breaking up the overall flow of the image.

I think if the painted background for the tree followed this it would be much stronger.

wa:do

Acim

Revelation all the time
I think interior decorating is an art form, and I just redecorated our guest room. I have to admit, I think it turned out well, thanks to Pier One!

I think it looks great. I have great energy right now, but that pic makes it very inviting to lay down and rest, in utter comfort and style. Nice job!

Skwim

Veteran Member
This is something I did earlier this year. Unfortunately, the photo of it didn't turn out very well: overexposed, out of focus, and a reflection of the room.:(

211photos164reduced.jpg

Last edited:

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Ditto! :D

I hope you don't mind a little critique... The two panels on the left flow really well into each other and tie the two images visually... but the one of the right feels disconnected from the others, breaking up the overall flow of the image.

I think if the painted background for the tree followed this it would be much stronger.

Hey no i dont mind critique. Yeah having a better continuation of the background colour would unite the 3 more. Or rather, maybe if i'd taken the one on the left in sunset/sunrise, with yellows and reds, to get each panel different, with a more rainbow effect playing out, or a sense of the time of day moving on from one side to the other. At the time however i did feel ok with the difference in the feel of the right panel, as it was a bit quirky and unexpected (which can be good), and it was the only one representing something totally natural, and it almost represented nature's contempt for the constructions of man depicted in the other 2.

Alex

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
I have a bit of stuff online. Nothing new since the last time this came up, but here is a photo:

boats.jpg

A sketch:

antique.jpg

And an MS Paint self-portrait:

gig.jpg

And the product of last summer's sock monkey binge:

img_1809.jpg

Kathryn

Love the photos, Alceste. I really enjoy taking photos too, and my husband is talking seriously about buying me a really awesome camera and sending me off to some photography classes. I am excited about that.

I love the photo of the boat and lake. Well done!

Skwim - did you paint that picture of the tall ship? WOW! I am jealous.

Kathryn

I took this the other day with my very average camera. I thought it was pretty cool.

281255_10150394474169377_792524376_10573394_732287_n.jpg

Kathryn

Oh, a couple more from a recent trip to Europe:

263673_10150371546939377_792524376_10324007_2306433_n.jpg

Ghent, Belgium

260453_10150371554399377_792524376_10324057_959699_n.jpg

Shopping district in Ghent

269549_10150371600654377_792524376_10324953_5463772_n.jpg

Wine Festival in Freiburg, Germany

270609_10150371842989377_792524376_10328991_2758173_n.jpg

Hitler's office at the Eagle's Nest

259899_10150371769589377_792524376_10327721_1317196_n.jpg

View of the Eagle's Nest from the summit

Skwim

Veteran Member
Love the photos, Alceste. I really enjoy taking photos too, and my husband is talking seriously about buying me a really awesome camera and sending me off to some photography classes. I am excited about that.

I love the photo of the boat and lake. Well done!

Skwim - did you paint that picture of the tall ship? WOW! I am jealous.
Thanks.
Actually, it was done with pastels, a medium I've been working in for the last 10 years or so. However, because of size constraints (it's difficult to work in small sizes) I'm going into acrylics this fall.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Skwim, I love the feeling of movement in your boat picture!

Kathryn- the photos of the storm clouds and the summit are fantastic!

Alceste- Those are some funky Monkeys!

Acim

Revelation all the time
Pretty much ditto painted wolf said.

Skwim the boat painting is very well done. I wish the pic was clearer. Though with the blur, the red at the top is mysterious / intriguing. The sails and clouds are very well done.

Alceste - the photo of the water is very good. Would like to see that in a gallery in as big of print as possible.

Kathryn - I too like the photo in post #55. The color is great. And the view from the summit shot is breathtaking. Seems like something from Middle Earth.

painted wolf - your shot of the flower with water droplets on there is really nice. Another one where in a gallery, I could probably stand there for good 10 minutes taking it all in. Yeah, I'm like that at galleries.