• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are RF's Artists?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Are cartoons art? Because I draw cartoons, the link to some of the terrible stuff I draw is in my signature.

Flat Earth Kyle

Some works in progress:

2013-03-21_12-53-07_183.jpg

2013-03-21_12-52-48_777-1.jpg

2013-03-21_12-53-46_189.jpg

2013-03-21_12-54-19_891.jpg

The first two are drawings of the kind of place I hope to one day live in.
The third is a project to work with light and shadow. I'm struggling with the shading on the right.
The fourth is an image that popped into my mind when I read the quote in a book.

Have you heard of Paint.net?
It is like Adobe Photoshop, but it is free.
What I really recommend is that you go download the free program upload your pix onto it and then adjust the brightness and contrast so you can see the pencil better. :)

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Have you heard of Paint.net?
It is like Adobe Photoshop, but it is free.
What I really recommend is that you go download the free program upload your pix onto it and then adjust the brightness and contrast so you can see the pencil better. :)

I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

Flat Earth Kyle

I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

No problem, I use that program all the time. The tools in it are awesome.
When I illustrated the book How to be a Totally Awesome Zombie all of the pictures I did on the inside were just pencil sketches that I edited using Paint.net, adjusting the brightness and contrast. It made a world of a difference.

A14oFH-maaL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: How to be a Totally Awesome Zombie (How to be Totally Awesome) eBook: Travis Thornton, Melody Litton, Kyle Adams: Kindle Store

Skwim

Veteran Member
This is picture I did in January of 2011 and originally posted in July, 2011 (post #51), but was accidentally deleted.
It looks a bit messy because of poor photography and some digital artifacts. :shrug:
rubensshippict_zpsbd4dc87e.jpg

Flat Earth Kyle

This is picture I did in January of 2011 and originally posted in July, 2011 (post #51), but was accidentally deleted.
It looks a bit messy because of poor photography and some digital artifacts. :shrug:

Wow, that is really good, I am impressed.
What medium did you use?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Wow, that is really big. Have you considered selling it, or submitting it into a fair?
By the nature of the medium---most pastels are rather large instruments---it's difficult to do anything small. And for that reason I'm doing more acrylics now. As for doing anything with the work, I made it for a friend as a birthday gift.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Have I mentioned I still love this and I wish you had a better image to share.
It's a shame the first one got deleted.:sad:

wa:do

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not much of an artist, but I write some stories and then I tend to draw the characters in comic-book/manga style.

Here are some recent sketches, with most of them unfinished (and not to be finished). Mainly I try to draw something to practice and then once I drew what I intended to practice I leave it at that.

These four are:

a) Bugs I drew while looking at a picture from a drawing book. I was practicing shading by basically copying from sight a picture with good shading.

b) An eye with a light shine.

c) A study on movement. I wanted to practice drawing a back of a man's hairline and the musculature of a male back. The circle floating there is a focal point that was going to be a guy's head. That guy was rushing at this guy with a sword and this character was sort of dodging it and ready to counter. Never finished it.

d) A flat dragon. I've been meaning to take some time and draw some of these creatures with more emphasis on three dimensions; this one was rushed and looks too flat.

Attachments

• img007.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 175
  • eye.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 107
  • img008.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 107
  • img013.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 107

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These two are villains. The woman is a mage; that one is finished but kind of plain. The other one is an unfinished sketch of a villain that has a special arm. (In the earlier picture with the floating circle and the guy dodging; that circle was eventually going to be the head and full body of this guy. He's the one that other guy was fighting.)

Attachments

• img011.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 106
  • img012.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 101

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For these pictures, I was drawing portraits and practicing consistency with a certain stylization. It's two different women and two pictures of the same man.

Attachments

• img015.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 108
  • img016.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 105
  • img017.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 109
  • img019.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 104

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This one's a finished and inked picture. It's a comic/manga style self-portrait.

With the apple, I was kind of intending an Adam/Eve/Fruit-of-Knowledge sort of theme for some reason, but the character is myself.

Attachments

• img009.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 109