• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are RF's Artists?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
And another new one... Now that my son is getting older it's getting easier to find moments to be productive. Especially when I can give him his own paper and crayons to play with.

atc__endangered_nh___new_england_cottontail_by_painted_wolfs_den-d52f2cr.jpg

This is a quick little picture of the endangered New England Cottontail (Sylvilagus transitionalis). It was done with pen and color pencils on an Artists Trading Card that measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

I'm still getting the hang of browns... it's hard to not have them come out looking "muddy". But my spouse assured me that since wild rabbits look kind of "muddy" anyway, it wasn't a problem. :cool:

wa:do

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
And another new one... Now that my son is getting older it's getting easier to find moments to be productive. Especially when I can give him his own paper and crayons to play with.

atc__endangered_nh___new_england_cottontail_by_painted_wolfs_den-d52f2cr.jpg

This is a quick little picture of the endangered New England Cottontail (Sylvilagus transitionalis). It was done with pen and color pencils on an Artists Trading Card that measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

I'm still getting the hang of browns... it's hard to not have them come out looking "muddy". But my spouse assured me that since wild rabbits look kind of "muddy" anyway, it wasn't a problem. :cool:

I love the way you executed that composition! And I think your creative handling of the browns worked very well.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I love the way you executed that composition! And I think your creative handling of the browns worked very well.
Thank you. :D

I had wanted to add an endangered plant but I'll have to save that for a larger image. I had a hard time finding one that would have fit the composition and I thought I could actually reproduce. :p

Kodanshi

StygnosticA
Hello there. I have only recently taken up painting. I have had no instructions on drawing, mixing colours, etc. etc. I have huge problems with proportions and getting things to look like how I want them to. I also like to make things a bit weird and surreal, so I haven’t really found my style yet. Here is an example of a colour study I did.

Still Life with Jug, Sheet Music and Palette.

A drawn self–portrait I did a while back:

510525307728503132_RD6xzHwd_f.jpg

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
I do a bit this and that. I write (prose, I'm terribly bad at poems), paint, and like photography and drawing. I've even tried to pick up calligraphy.

Here's one quick oil painting I did some time ago:
painting-tree.jpg

Uh...I...:O...LOVE THIS! There is something about this painting that hits right on spot. If this was a quick painting...gee...respect.

As a huge sucker for Asian art, here is a work I did some time ago...it is still unfinished and thus doesn't really deserve to be posted here, but I know I don't get around to finish it lol. It is built around the concept of Korean Minhwa art, done with ink and chinese brush, with water-acryl colorings mixed with ink. The hand...the hand! It is not there yet :D

moon_rises_behind_southern_mountains__by_piirituomari-d5n7m41.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm going to start submitting short stories for publishing. My creative writing course is over, and because my teacher told my writing is pretty good, I figure why not? The worst that can happen is a rejection reply. I have to do a final revision on a story today, and then tomorrow I am going to start submitting it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm going to start submitting short stories for publishing. My creative writing course is over, and because my teacher told my writing is pretty good, I figure why not? The worst that can happen is a rejection reply. I have to do a final revision on a story today, and then tomorrow I am going to start submitting it.
That sounds great, go for it! :D

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Please explain how long you have been drawing, painting or doodling.

Since I can hold a pen...Around 4 or 5 year old I think

Where did you get your talent from? Was it a family member or was it inspired from someone else?

Uh, honestly I don't know. I never had an art course or something, it just came naturally...
However on my father's side, there have been many artists. My father was very good at drawing, my grandfather too, and we had a painter far away in the family, we still have some of his paintings :0 Maybe it run in the blood ? I don't know, but I'm the first woman in the family to be an artist, after so much generation of painters men ! :D

What medium do you work with best and which do you enjoy working with more?

Pencil, watercolor, crayons, acrylic....But also Photoshop, Zbrush...

Could you be an artist for a living or do you just like to keep it as a hobby?

It was always more than a hobby. So I combined my hobby (videogame) with art, and now I'm sure to be an artist for a living when I finish my last year of studies in game art.

As an artist what other mediums or types of art wouldn’t you mind exploring? What are your artistic regrets?

I would love to try sculpture. I'm thinking about doing some during the holidays...I would love to try wood and stone sculpture, especially learning the indian way to make sculpture....So beautiful, full of grace...
My regrets as an artist ? Uh....I'm not able to make a straight line. Even with a ruler...I was the embodiment of despair for my teachers when I was studying design and industrial drawing, ahah x'D I still graduated !

How much have computers affected your art? Are they an asset or unnecessary?

When I graduated in design, I was only using traditionnal ways to draw or paint. I had always considered that computer drawing/painting was cheating, because I supposed it was easy.
When I entered game art, I had zero experience with photoshop....But didn't get much interest to it, I still believed it was cheating, and I wanted to show that I would be perfectly fine with traditionnal media.
The fact is that I was wrong...And photoshop painting is NOT cheating. It is very hard....
For me it was like learning completely to draw from the beginning...I was a genius in traditionnal media, and an idiot in photoshop. This affected me because it was the contrary with all my class, who despite not being able to make descent drawings, they were able to make wonderful things on the computer.
Now after months of works I can make drawings in photoshop almost like a professionnal...But it's very important to keep a good level at traditionnal drawing, it's even a priority when you are seeking to work as an artist in videogames ! You have to show traditionnal drawing, especially some anatomy, to show that you know how the human body work and that you have a good hand.

BONUS QUESTION:
I’m thinking there will be a lot of views to this thread and I really didn’t want to start a separate thread so I am also adding this selfish desperate plea (non-artists can respond).
Where can I find the best knee high white socks with a durable elasticity that would last for a long time before having to replace them?

Look at american football socks or something ? Or ski socks, but they are very hot !

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
UBT-yule.jpg

Late upload. I painted this for my grandma just before Christmas. The colouring was pure horror, but I'm still fairly happy with the result. My grandma on the other hand was on the brink of tears, so I must have done something right. :angel2:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
That's beautiful, Infinitum! I love the textures.
Thank you! As always the camera turns all peaks in the paint white, so it requires a bit imagination to get how it looks in reality. Don't ask me how many times I repainted that tree. ;)

mycorrhiza

-painting-

Late upload. I painted this for my grandma just before Christmas. The colouring was pure horror, but I'm still fairly happy with the result. My grandma on the other hand was on the brink of tears, so I must have done something right. :angel2:

Beautiful!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Within the past year, I've taken up painting portraits in acrylics. I've brought fewer than ten paintings to completion so far. This is a portrait of one of my nephews:

sunstone-albums-miscellaneous-art-picture4029-fifth-experiment-portraits-nathan.jpg

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
UBT-yule.jpg

I love it Infi! If I could paint, that's how I'd want my paintings to look. :yes:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This picture has a short story,i was given two boxes of French Pastels for Christmas,on new years eve i consumed 16 bottles of Budweiser,4 Vodka's and a few JD's (so i have been informed :D) i drew this on the Bathroom wall the last to decorate since we moved house.

The picture,which i got to see in focus the next day (well kind of) as i washed it off the wall made me think my left eye has a greater magnification than the right :D,or rather my perspective had gone out of the window,anyway its at least 10 years since i drew something and never 6ft high,i never got to finnish it but i think Pastels are so cool to work with and remind me of the shades of colours in the caves of La Caux paintings so maybe i'll try again sober.
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by a moderator: