• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who does God want the Antichrist to be?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
A definition from wiki of anti-Christ.
  • An·ti·christ1
    /ˈan(t)ēˌkrīst, ˈanˌtīˌkrīst/
    noun
    1. (in some Christian teachings) a personal opponent of Christ expected to appear before the end of the world:
Another definition says: : one who denies or opposes Christ; specifically : a great antagonist expected to fill the world with wickedness but to be conquered forever by Christ at his second coming

It says "a personal opponent" of Christ. One who opposes Christ.
That seems to rule out a large organization like a world government but
not rule out a leader of a world government (s).
The definition indicates a person opposed to Christ.
Could this person then be a leader of a large government or governments?
It also indicates "before the end of the world". I don't really want to go there at this point as
"end of the world" has many implications from the end of mankind's rule of this world to the
literal destruction of this world (earth if you will).
Your thoughts?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A definition from wiki of anti-Christ.
  • An·ti·christ1
    /ˈan(t)ēˌkrīst, ˈanˌtīˌkrīst/
    noun
    1. (in some Christian teachings) a personal opponent of Christ expected to appear before the end of the world:
Another definition says: : one who denies or opposes Christ; specifically : a great antagonist expected to fill the world with wickedness but to be conquered forever by Christ at his second coming

It says "a personal opponent" of Christ. One who opposes Christ.
That seems to rule out a large organization like a world government but
not rule out a leader of a world government (s).
The definition indicates a person opposed to Christ.
Could this person then be a leader of a large government or governments?
It also indicates "before the end of the world". I don't really want to go there at this point as
"end of the world" has many implications from the end of mankind's rule of this world to the
literal destruction of this world (earth if you will).
Your thoughts?
You are going on the opinion that what someone has determined what antichrist means is right.
How do you know that definition is the right one?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is written that the antichrist comes before The Christ ever returns.
If believers are really waiting for a person of antichrist status to come and he never comes, then Christ never comes either to those people.

It is written. What is? That antichrist comes before Christ comes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't watch the walking dead show but if the world falls in love with the AC, he must be quite lovable...God gave him all the gifts and talents to lead the world astray
We can rest assured then Trump is most definitely not the anti-Christ, lol.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We can rest assured then Trump is most definitely not the anti-Christ, lol.
Oh, I don't know about that as Trump did win the election, and he certainly fooled the evangelicals into voting for someone whose "morality" is the polar-opposite of what Jesus' was. And he supposedly asked his trainers at least three times that we know of that if we have nukes then why don't we use them? Ya, the "end of times" could be near. :fearscream:

jeager106

Premium Member
You are going on the opinion that what someone has determined what antichrist means is right.
How do you know that definition is the right one?

Quite correct. I don't know.
I only know what I read and what others say.

jeager106

Premium Member
Oh, I don't know about that as Trump did win the election, and he certainly fooled the evangelicals into voting for someone whose "morality" is the polar-opposite of what Jesus' was. And he supposedly asked his trainers at least three times that we know of that if we have nukes then why don't we use them? Ya, the "end of times" could be near. :fearscream:

Hummmmmmmmmmm????????????????

I don't think the anti-Christ will/would be that obvious.
g g g gulp! I hope not!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Oh, I don't know about that as Trump did win the election,
If God's Earthly main adversary cannot even pull of both a Popular and EC win, it would seem the Christian's idea of a lion of an adversary is nothing more than a scrawny house kitten.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The two main contenders for me are materialism and religious leaders.

Religious leaders have been shown recently to be involved maybe for centuries in child sexual abuse, terrorism and wars etc

Materialism is the spirit of the age which people mistake for paradise and everyone loves so much but is turning people away from God. The spirit of the age on a whole is irreligious or anti-Christ.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But what is your source?
And it causes all the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the servants, that it should give them a mark on their right hand or on their forehead Revelation 13:16

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Matthew 24:5
For many will come in My name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

jeager106

Premium Member
Been reading most of today on the anti-Christ and it seems it could
be anyone from the Pope to Trump; from the United Nations to
the Arab League.
I dunno.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
And it causes all the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the servants, that it should give them a mark on their right hand or on their forehead Revelation 13:16

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Matthew 24:5
For many will come in My name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

^Which isn't what you said.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know you are aware that people use the Bible to mark people.
They mark themselves and they mark other people.

Last edited: