• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who does God want the Antichrist to be?

Kelly of the Phoenix

God did not create robots. Love must be from the heart, not from a program.
He did, He just got annoyed we went all Skynet and stuff. :)

Self-awareness ... the bane of control freaks everywhere.

Now you are going back to barbarous times to make your point....
Moses (1393-1273 BCE) who received the Mosaic Law (which was added upon by other men for 1400 years) and then was fulfilled and restored back to it's pure state by Jesus Christ.
I'm pretty sure two people not wanting to give Peter all their money and getting killed for it happened in the NT.

I'm pretty sure killing off a "charlatan" who made Peter mad happened in the ... you know, it seems like lots of people die around Pete ... someone should look into that...

then restored by Noah,
What was restored by Noah? The "righteous" man (understandably, but still) got drunk as a skunk after the cruise and cursed some grandchild because one of his sons saw him in a naked drunken stupor. This was AFTER he didn't really try to save anyone else other than his own family, even babies. This was considered the improvement?

Guy pimps out his sister for tax breaks, nearly kills his own son, banishes a maid and her son even though it was the wife's idea to knock up the maid in the first place ... again, what good did he accomplish again?

Judah/Joseph
A guy willing to kill a pregnant chick he unknowingly knocked up because he values women so little he never even looked at the face of the woman he was screwing and an arrogant prick who kept lording over his brothers.

Murdering religious terrorist. Gets everyone except maybe one or two people from his generation killed off.

Jesus Christ
Non-murdering religious terrorist who enjoyed vandalism instead and contributed to the destruction of the Temple and tons of innocent people.

(note: this is half-facetious, so please take as such ... still ... I dislike whitewashing "heroes")

The Covenant that Adam received is the same Covenant that Jesus Christ restored.
Don't eat from one tree and make lots of babies?

and they were not spiritually capable of living the whole Law (as was originally revealed to Adam).
The "whole law" given to Adam was: don't eat from one tree and make lots of babies.

Israel was always going whoring after the gods, cultures, and beliefs of the pagan Nations surrounding them.
Hebrews WERE Canaanites. It's more like one tribe of Canaanites still wanted to hold on to their identity despite some clergy demanding religious monopolies (and money and food and shelter).

Where much is given much is required.
I've read the bible. This was a people constantly under attack (per them, anyway), had famines, illnesses, slavery, failed kingdoms, etc. Maybe they were hoping Baal would treat them better than Yahweh? It reads more like Yahweh kept His kids starving in the closet without clothes and then demanded unending loyalty and threatening to kill them if they didn't appreciate "all" Yahweh had done "for" them.

dd worse still when following that previous ACT with covenanting an oath to Satan (or his representatives) by replacing one's aliance to Satan's covenant instead-----like Cain did when he secretly killed Abel, following by covenanting with Satan to be Master-Mahan (the master of the great secret to murder and get gain).
Where on earth is this in the bible?

As finite beings....we are not all-knowing....we are not omnipotent, omniscient, nor omnipresent (like an infinite being is) and therefore we are not capable of knowing all the so called "facts."
The biblical God only became ominmax when people like Plato tried to argue that there was such a thing as something greater than we can imagine (the problem being that humans have a woefully insufficient imagination). Ancient gods were not portrayed as omnimax. They were born/formed, lived with varying amounts of drama, and died, sometimes coming back. They had limited jurisdictions, both in terms of geographical region and power set. If you wanted a flood, you called up Yahweh. If you wanted a rainfall, you called up Baal. If you wanted fertility, you called up Asherah. Etc, etc.

Best to refrain from attempting to counsel God on what is right or wrong.
People who don't argue that laws are hurting them will continue to be hurt.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Only in Parables......which by nature...were not meant to be taken literally. The Trinity theory was created by those who took those words literally. Just like Nicodemus missed it---when Jesus told him not to marvel because he was told that he must be "born again" to see heaven.
Jesus neither believed in Trinity nor he taught this teaching to anybody.
Right? Please
Regards

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God just knows things from the beginning to the end. It is kind of how you can tell me the plot to a movie you have already seen, but I haven't.
It doesn't matter. With God, it should be like like the Star Trek objective. Noninterferance. Once God says that is what will happen, absolutely nothing else can happen. It becomes "written".

Jesus tells us he is the son of perdition. That means son of hell.
Haha. Why not read that sentence again?
Actually, you may be right! Jesus seems to be missing to most people. Isn't he?
They say, "he is coming back". Is he?

pondsbb

It doesn't matter. With God, it should be like like the Star Trek objective. Noninterferance. Once God says that is what will happen, absolutely nothing else can happen. It becomes "written".

Haha. Why not read that sentence again?
Actually, you may be right! Jesus seems to be missing to most people. Isn't he?
They say, "he is coming back". Is he?
The question was..Who is the Antichrist. Jesus said he was the son of perdition.

Of course nothing else can happen. When you tell me a movie you saw, that movie will be what you told me. It doesn't change after the fact.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question was..Who is the Antichrist. Jesus said he was the son of perdition.
I actually knew that. Does your sense of humor come back with Jesus?

Of course nothing else can happen. When you tell me a movie you saw, that movie will be what you told me. It doesn't change after the fact.
Then, what is the purpose of knowing the bad luck of the Antichrist?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure two people not wanting to give Peter all their money and getting killed for it happened in the NT.

I'm pretty sure killing off a "charlatan" who made Peter mad happened in the ... you know, it seems like lots of people die around Pete ... someone should look into that...

What was restored by Noah? The "righteous" man (understandably, but still) got drunk as a skunk after the cruise and cursed some grandchild because one of his sons saw him in a naked drunken stupor. This was AFTER he didn't really try to save anyone else other than his own family, even babies. This was considered the improvement?

Guy pimps out his sister for tax breaks, nearly kills his own son, banishes a maid and her son even though it was the wife's idea to knock up the maid in the first place ... again, what good did he accomplish again?

A guy willing to kill a pregnant chick he unknowingly knocked up because he values women so little he never even looked at the face of the woman he was screwing and an arrogant prick who kept lording over his brothers.

Murdering religious terrorist. Gets everyone except maybe one or two people from his generation killed off.

Non-murdering religious terrorist who enjoyed vandalism instead and contributed to the destruction of the Temple and tons of innocent people.

(note: this is half-facetious, so please take as such ... still ... I dislike whitewashing "heroes")

The "whole law" given to Adam was: don't eat from one tree and make lots of babies.

Hebrews WERE Canaanites. It's more like one tribe of Canaanites still wanted to hold on to their identity despite some clergy demanding religious monopolies (and money and food and shelter).

I've read the bible. This was a people constantly under attack (per them, anyway), had famines, illnesses, slavery, failed kingdoms, etc. Maybe they were hoping Baal would treat them better than Yahweh? It reads more like Yahweh kept His kids starving in the closet without clothes and then demanded unending loyalty and threatening to kill them if they didn't appreciate "all" Yahweh had done "for" them.

The biblical God only became ominmax when people like Plato tried to argue that there was such a thing as something greater than we can imagine (the problem being that humans have a woefully insufficient imagination). Ancient gods were not portrayed as omnimax. They were born/formed, lived with varying amounts of drama, and died, sometimes coming back. They had limited jurisdictions, both in terms of geographical region and power set. If you wanted a flood, you called up Yahweh. If you wanted a rainfall, you called up Baal. If you wanted fertility, you called up Asherah. Etc, etc.

This is very good....I mean bad. LOL. I could have rated it everything so I rated it the winner.

omega2xx

I read but don't answer post that long., but usually don't reply to them. They are the usual harangue, nothing new.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Accordingly, God's spirit is that which is saying, "you must do what you did", and that makes sense to some people.

Isn't that a spirit of weakness?

Are you teaching that God's Spirit is for weakness? I don't believe that.

pondsbb

I actually knew that. Does your sense of humor come back with Jesus?

I know it is hard to understand The Lord, who has no time, power, or knowledge restraints.

Created, written and directed.
Evil will be defeated. God is the one that does it.
End of that movie and beginning of the new.

Revelation 21:1 KJV
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Mockery is obvious. Will simply say, seek the Lord. He can answer you much better than I.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Created, written and directed.
Is God writing and directing it? Even if I thought so I would not advertise it because it means that God wrote in genocide and land mines......
Evil will be defeated. God is the one that does it.
What about? 1 John 2:14 you have overcome the evil one
End of that movie and beginning of the new.

Revelation 21:1 KJV
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
I trust it is what he saw. Seeing does not guarantee becoming, I think.

God just knows things from the beginning to the end. It is kind of how you can tell me the plot to a movie you have already seen, but I haven't.

Jesus tells us he is the son of perdition. That means son of hell.
John 17:12 KJV
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Great response!! God being an Eternal Being (who can see from the beginning to the end--before it happens) has the ability to declare things that will happen (good or bad) before those things actually happen. Does that mean he was implicit in creating those bad events? No. It just means he saw what WOULD happen before they happened. Prophets were also allowed to see the future to prophesy warnings, that if these things that men are doing did not stop....THIS would be the end result, because of it.

Prophets also were allowed to see future PREDESTINED events as well....like the birth of Jesus Christ lying in a manager. These events being seen before they happened was how God REVEALED HIS WILL dealing with the future of mankind. A regular person can also receive personal revelation from God about their own lives in dealing with their stewardships as well. Such revelation can come in the form of impressions, visions, or dreams and these things can reveal what will happen in the future as well.

PREDESTINATED EVENTS AND CALLINGS:
There is the idea about the Plan of Salvation (which was instituted from the beginning) that there are certain events and roles (callings or positions as a part of that plan) that were PREDESTINED (guaranteed) to happen. Such as the fall of mankind, death coming into the world, followed by a Messiah who would come and redeem the world from sin, a final conflict between Good and Evil (also having a Anti-Christ figure), and a final Judgement. These things ABSOLUTELY WILL COME TRUE.....they are set in stone.

AGENCY OF MAN:
But it important to know, that while these events and roles (callings or positions) are PREDESTINED to happen, all of humanity is given a choice on what side of the battle they want to be on. Certain people (before they were born) were prepared to fill certain roles (as their life's mission) but they are not FORCED to accomplish those missions. In the event that they decided to go the other way, there will always be another person who IS WILLING to fulfill what God has declared.

The idea that some men are PREDESTINED to go to Heaven (no matter how they act) and other men are PREDESTINED to go to Hell (no matter if they were bad or not)... is a misunderstanding of scripture, but rather it is a theory that John Calvin (Calvinism) coined and taught. The true Biblical Doctrine is Foreodination. Men are FORORDAINED to accomplish certain roles in world history.....however after they are born, they are given a choice, whether they accomplish that mission or not. In the event they do not choose to go that direction, there will always be those who WILL BE WILLING to be on the Lord's errand and accomplish that mission.

Agency (freedom of choice) makes up the difference between the Calvinistic theory of Predestination and the Biblical Doctrine of Foreordinantion.

pondsbb

What about? 1 John 2:14 you have overcome the evil one

We do nothing without Jesus.

John 15:4-5 KJV
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2X4

So there is so much end-time hysteria and talk about some false prophet who will rule the world.

Is the Antichrist called to be a good guy or a bad guy? Do you honestly think God wants him to be something other than what prophecy States he will be?

If he's just being what God wants him to be, God clearly wants him to have followers, so what's wrong with following Him?

Billions of people have been following the antichrist ( false prophet ) ever since God's servants began testifying to the knowledge called Christ. The beast made sure of that. When the false prophet and the beast are destroyed, then you will wake up to a peaceful existence in new bodies.

Revelation 19
17: Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly in midheaven, "Come, gather for the great supper of God,
18: to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great."
19: And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who sits upon the horse and against his army.
20: And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had worked the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulphur.
21: And the rest were slain by the sword of him who sits upon the horse, the sword that issues from his mouth; and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.

After the day of the Lord is used to burn away the flesh and world that is perceived to be real, then a new heaven and earth will replace the old.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
2: And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband;
3: and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;
4: he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away."
5: And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Sorry, the position of Anti-Christ is not vacant.
It is already employed by Paul, his associates and the Church. One cannot be an Anti-Christ, compassion or no compassion. Please
Regards

Sorry, the position of Anti-Christ is not vacant.
It is already employed by Paul, his associates and the Church. One cannot be an Anti-Christ, compassion or no compassion. Please
Regards

On the contrary....Paul warned that after his departing that there would be a "falling away" (Apostasy) that would happen. BUT HE WAS NOT one of those wolves in sheep's clothing that would cause the falling away.

Scriptural References that the Apostle Paul wrote when he said:
  • Acts 20:29-31
    29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
    30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
  • 2 Thessalonians 2:3-6
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day [the Second Coming of Christ] shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

The Apostle Paul was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ (which ended in about 70AD).....he was not associated with the Catholic Church which was organized by the Roman Empire after 325AD.

Last edited: