• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is going to Hell?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ironically, since "Jesus descended into hell to release the prisoners there," wouldn't the souls in hell have heard of him? Wouldn't that constitue double jeopardy? And, if they heard of Jesus in hell, releasing the prisoners, wouldn't at least some of them believe and be saved, after all? And if Jesus got there and smelled chicken cooking, wouldn't he want to stay for dinner?

He might. But do you suppose he would eat the chicken if it weren't kosher?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Okay, now the thing I'm concerned about is that with all these people going to hell it could be an uncomfortable trip there. How do I go about reserving my first class ticket? I mean, my witchy, magic-dealing, Christ denying ways should earn me a better seat than, say, a Christian adulterer or homosexual.

I'm calling Ticketmaster to reserve a few of the best seats now. Anyone want in?

kiobe

Fortunately for those belivers and non-belivers, no one is going to hell. It doesn't exist. 'Hell' is a made up concept to control the behaviours of the people through punishment, just as heaven is a method of reward. Both are found in all religions to differing degrees. The reward for a good Muslim, after death, is the very thing that the Muslim is required to abstain from while alive. It has always been about control, and what's perplexing to me is it still seems to work even after 2,000 years of debate and historical facts proving otherwise.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Okay, now the thing I'm concerned about is that with all these people going to hell it could be an uncomfortable trip there. How do I go about reserving my first class ticket? I mean, my witchy, magic-dealing, Christ denying ways should earn me a better seat than, say, a Christian adulterer or homosexual.

I'm calling Ticketmaster to reserve a few of the best seats now. Anyone want in?

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Watch the Priest from the East battle the Thunder from Down Under int he cage match of death! We'd sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!!!

There are obviously sections. No self-respecting Christian would want to go to hell sitting next to a dirty pagan!

I'm having trouble, though, understanding just how they divide everyone up? By religion? By offense? By frequency? What of the Atheists? Do they go to hell, if they don't believe in it?

Booko

Deviled Hen

Hey, I'm an infidel believer in a false Christ...does that qualify me for first class, or do I have to settle for business class?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
To say that God requires us to suffer interminably is as vile as saying that God desires sacrifice.
Your next response is the answer, why i would like too go again (Nazarite don't come near dead meat, so no chicken)....
If God sends angels to work with you, why do you call that bad?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I'm having trouble, though, understanding just how they divide everyone up? By religion? By offense? By frequency? What of the Atheists? Do they go to hell, if they don't believe in it?

I thought they put Durante degli Alighieri in charge of that department...

FatMan

It's like going to a Gallagher concert. You don't want to be too close to avoid the splatter:help:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Your next response is the answer, why i would like too go again (Nazarite don't come near dead meat, so no chicken)....

Silly! In hell, they cook the chicken live! Not dead meat.

I don't call it bad when angels come to work with me. Why do you assume that I do?

rocka21

Brother Rock
Those who are unlucky enough not to have gotten the chance to hear the Gospel -- tough toenails for you! You get to fry eternally in hellfire! neener neener! Burn, baby, burn!

again......... and you see this where?

i don't see it in the scripture, but it keeps getting repeated. ( in between all the joking of course).

that's one thing people do when they get uncomfortable.

kiobe

Angels? Because it's not true. Excuse me for barging in:bow:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Silly! In hell, they cook the chicken live! Not dead meat.

I don't call it bad when angels come to work with me. Why do you assume that I do?
Because you have a notion of hiding from questions, with excuses that can be overturned by One....