• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is going to Hell?

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
again......... and you see this where?

i don't see it in the scripture, but it keeps getting repeated. ( in between all the joking of course).

that's one thing people do when they get uncomfortable.

It is clearly stated in the Bible that you must believe in Jesus in order to get into Heaven. Those that never heard of Jesus will obviously not believe in him and therefore go to Hell.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Angels? Because it's not true. Excuse me for barging in
What’s not true?
Men with wings like in "Epic Movie"?
"Revenge of the Chicken wings" --->take two :angel2:

Mat 24:14
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Because you have a notion of hiding from questions, with excuses that can be overturned by One....

I hide from questions? :faint:

'K. ask me anything. Here's your opportunity to get the straight poop, as I see it.

FatMan

It is clearly stated in the Bible that you must believe in Jesus in order to get into Heaven. Those that never heard of Jesus will obviously not believe in him and therefore go to Hell.

That is not supported by the Bible, unless you are using some sort of incorrect interpretation.

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
That is not supported by the Bible, unless you are using some sort of incorrect interpretation.

Here are a few verses which support my claim.

2nd Thessalonians 1:8, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 6:40, "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

kiobe

What’s not true?
Men with wings like in "Epic Movie"?
"Revenge of the Chicken wings" --->take two :angel2:

Mat 24:14
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Movies, like the one you are sarcasticly refering to,(that is sarcasism isn't it?) are exactly what they claim to be. Entertainment.
Whereas the bible is claimed to be the word of God and absolutly no proof has been brought forth.

FatMan

Here are a few verses which support my claim.

2nd Thessalonians 1:8, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 6:40, "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That describes what happens to those who see, not those who do not.

But par for the course when people start quoting Scripture. Misapplications, misinterpretations, and misunderstandings abound.

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
That describes what happens to those who see, not those who do not.

But par for the course when people start quoting Scripture. Misapplications, misinterpretations, and misunderstandings abound.

Where does it state in these verses that it applies only to those who see and not to those who don't?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

i don't see it in the scripture, but it keeps getting repeated. ( in between all the joking of course).

Most humor comes from irony. :)

Peace,
Mystic

FatMan

Where does it state in these verses that it applies only to those who see and not to those who don't?

Let's see:
1) 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."
- Doesn't one have to be aware of God to not obey?? You can't possibly believe god smites those not aware, do you?

2)
- This really doesn't pertain to anything, but kudos on knowing where to find it to cut and paste

3)
- I'm assuming one must actually be aware of Jesus to seeth him. Obviously, those who lived before Jesus aren't going to be retroactively smited. Correct?

4)
- This only talks about who believes - not who doesn't believe or is unaware.

Under the unsupportable premise you are laying out in this thread, cavemen, future residents, and even anyone outside of the time Christ lived might be bound for eternal damnation - especially if I were to do the imprudent thing and take the term seeth literally. But for the time being, we'll let you corner that market.

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
Fortunately for those belivers and non-belivers, no one is going to hell. It doesn't exist. 'Hell' is a made up concept to control the behaviours of the people through punishment, just as heaven is a method of reward. Both are found in all religions to differing degrees. The reward for a good Muslim, after death, is the very thing that the Muslim is required to abstain from while alive. It has always been about control, and what's perplexing to me is it still seems to work even after 2,000 years of debate and historical facts proving otherwise.

Oh please show me the PROOF that you say you have that hell does not exist.

:confused: :faint:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Movies, like the one you are sarcasticly refering to,(that is sarcasism isn't it?) are exactly what they claim to be. Entertainment.

It was a double pun....one was the joke we are having on eating chicken in hell...then in Epic Movie the man has chicken wings, instead of angels wings....yet since heaven is transcendental, wings is an image....

Whereas the bible is claimed to be the word of God and absolutly no proof has been brought forth.
Why would you want to prove anything to peoples, who won't even listen to stuff concerning them self’s?

Draka

Wonder Woman
SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Watch the Priest from the East battle the Thunder from Down Under int he cage match of death! We'd sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!!!

There are obviously sections. No self-respecting Christian would want to go to hell sitting next to a dirty pagan!

I'm having trouble, though, understanding just how they divide everyone up? By religion? By offense? By frequency? What of the Atheists? Do they go to hell, if they don't believe in it?

Hey! I bathe! All pretty scents too...just check out my collections from Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop to see! :flirt: Have really nice bubble baths too. Think I should bring some along on the trip? I'm sure there are some good hot tubs just waiting for bubbles in hell. ;)

kiobe

Oh please show me the PROOF that you say you have that hell does not exist.

:confused: :faint:

" If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to Then He is not omnipotent. If He is able, but not willing Then He is malevolent. If He is both able and willing Then whence cometh evil? If He is neither able nor willing Then why call Him God?"

This often quoted statement is proof, that without some very extreem contortions by the religious community, a so called merciful God does not exist, therefore neither does the man made idea of hell, or heaven exist.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Your armchair psychoanalysis seems to be a bit off.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Oh...sorry Rocka, there was a serious question there I completely missed (too many Irish dancers making too much noise here right now :cover:)

Wizanda gave you the cite about the Gospel being preached in all the world for a witness. That's one the the 3 biggies by way of signs Christ gave us regarding His Return.