• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Was Baha’u’llah, and How Can We Evaluate His Claims?

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Okay, Fundamental Christians, Mormons and Hare Krishnas they all believe they have the "light" and are in the "light" They all have some kind, loving people in them. But what about their beliefs?

By the fruits we are told we can know CG. There are many wonderful people that post on RF.

There are a few that find it hard to share the fruits, but on many occasions they also choose to do so.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whereas we’re still waiting for the UHJ to catch up.
We are? I'm not.
Not what I hear from other posters.
And that would matter exactly why?
I and others are shining a light on what you’d rather people don’t know about
C:\Users\chick\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
the Baha'i Faith.
How do you know what I'd rather people don't know?
You just keep harping in the same things over and over and over and over again, because you can't find anything else, as if those things matter to other people besides you and your sidekicks.

I don't care what you and others say because a reasonable person will do their own research and make their own decisions rather than listening to what 'other people' say.

“If a man were to declare, ‘There is a lamp in the next room which gives no light’, one hearer might be satisfied with his report, but a wiser man goes into the room to judge for himself, and behold, when he finds the light shining brilliantly in the lamp, he knows the truth!” Paris Talks, p. 103
People who do their own research will find many surprising (and sometimes disturbing) facts about your faith system, just as I and several other here have done..
People who do their own research will find many surprising facts about my faith system, just as I and others here such as @Seeker of White Light have done. :)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
When it comes to the other religions, do Baha'is believe any of them belief and practice the Truth? I don't think Baha'is do. And that comes from the teachings found in the Baha'i writings.
Everybody has trouble with that, including Baha'is. No reason to be intolerant of other people's faults. If a person has onre good quality and nine bad ones, we are supposed to overlook the nine bad ones. That is a high standard of looking at other people that way that is hard to live up to.
So, at best, a Baha'i should be nice to them, but, in the end, want to guide them out of the errors of their beliefs and lead them to the truth of the Baha'i Faith. Would that be something you'd say is true or would you add something to it to change it or clarify it?
We really shouldn't concentrate on beliefs as we often have in an excessive way. That has included me, too. It is hard to learn to not do that. We should strive to show the way to better behavior and to higher spiritual consciousness regardless of other's beliefs. With some we can't really do that and I try to concentrate as much as I can on people who are open to such guidance, and the person I most need to guide is myself.
But then there are cult religions that promote things that I doubt Baha'is would condone. You got to be intolerant of them, don't you?
Those kind of cults should be exposed, in my opinion, but the people in those cults are victims for the most part, I beleive.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
By the fruits we are told we can know CG. There are many wonderful people that post on RF.

There are a few that find it hard to share the fruits, but on many occasions they also choose to do so.

Regards Tony
Okay so you think Fundamental Christians, Mormons and Hare Krishnas all bare enough good fruit to make their beliefs true? I don't think you do. And I don't think what they believe is true. But, in spite of having beliefs that other religions disagree with, they still can and do produce good people. But each one, and you can add the Baha'i Faith to that list, thinks they have a "truer" truth, or a new truth, or... maybe even the only truth. "Good" fruit becomes meaningless when each religion believes in contradictory things. So, how do we evaluate the claims of each of those religions? I don't think "Good" fruit is enough to say the claims of any of them are true.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Everybody has trouble with that, including Baha'is. No reason to be intolerant of other people's faults. If a person has onre good quality and nine bad ones, we are supposed to overlook the nine bad ones. That is a high standard of looking at other people that way that is hard to live up to.

We really shouldn't concentrate on beliefs as we often have in an excessive way. That has included me, too. It is hard to learn to not do that. We should strive to show the way to better behavior and to higher spiritual consciousness regardless of other's beliefs. With some we can't really do that and I try to concentrate as much as I can on people who are open to such guidance, and the person I most need to guide is myself.

Those kind of cults should be exposed, in my opinion, but the people in those cults are victims for the most part, I beleive.
Yep, I think all of us know by now what we all disagree about. And some of those things are made into "deal breakers" for accepting each other and respecting each other's beliefs. For Baha'is, once they talk about God and manifestations of God, you've already lost the Atheists. And we all know that the different religions have some beliefs that contradict the beliefs of the religions. It seems like Baha'is think they are making things better by saying that "originally" the religions didn't have those contradictions but that the leaders of the religion added things in and misinterpreted things and now all the other religions have lost the "true" original message from the manifestation. But, to me, that's still saying, "We're right and all of you are wrong."

Then there's the cults. I remember when I was with fundy Christians... all the other religions were considered to be cults. They used only the Christian Bible, and their interpretation of it, to decide if any of the other religions were true or not. None of them passed the test. But isn't that similar to what Baha'is have done to the other religions also? They are judging them by what is taught in the Baha'is writings. A religion believes Jesus is God? Must be wrong. A sect of Hinduism believes Krishna is an incarnation of a Hindu God? Must be wrong. And I don't disagree, but I also apply that to the Baha'i Faith. I listen to the other religions, and I agree with each one of them. If I look at things the way they do... their interpretations of their Scriptures, I say, "Yes, that other religion is wrong." Even by claiming to believe all the other major religions are true, Baha'is still negate how they all believe and practice their religions.

So, how do we avoid concentrating on that? 'Cause we know it's always going to lead to things round and round, go nowhere arguments?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Okay so you think Fundamental Christians, Mormons and Hare Krishnas all bare enough good fruit to make their beliefs true? I don't think you do.

Every person is different CG. Yes they can all produce the light of truth by living the fruits given by the Messengers, and many do CG.

Likewise we can distort the truth with our own vain imaginings and we can all do that as well.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
So, how do we evaluate the claims of each of those religions?

As the Messengers have all asked us to do. They are the all the Fruits of that Message. We are to look at them, follow them and be as they were.

How is it possible not to Love all humanity, if we did that one thing?

Regards Tony

samtonga43

We are? I'm not.
LOL! Of course you’re not; you are not included in the general 'we'. I thought this would have been obvious.:rolleyes:
Literalism always leads to a lack of understanding of meaning
And that would matter exactly why?
If you are not interested in other posters’ views, what are you doing here?
How do you know what I'd rather people don't know?
I read your posts and do the research.
You just keep harping in the same things over and over and over and over again, because you can't find anything else, as if those things matter to other people besides you and your sidekicks.
Fallacy of unwarranted assumption.
I don't care what you and others say because a reasonable person will do their own research and make their own decisions rather than listening to what 'other people' say.
Fallacy of unwarranted assumption. I do my own research and make my own decisions.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I did not say I am not interested in other people's views. I said that 'what you hear' from other posters' does not matter to me.

samtonga43 said: Not what I hear from other posters.

TB: And that would matter exactly why?

I am interested in other people's views, but that does not mean I have to agree with their views.

samtonga43

I did not say I am not interested in other people's views. I said that 'what you hear' from other posters' does not matter to me.

samtonga43 said: Not what I hear from other posters.

TB: And that would matter exactly why?

I am interested in other people's views, but that does not mean I have to agree with their views.

Some formatting would help.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The point is...
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"
Jesus.
The point is...
“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings, p. 183

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.”
Gleanings, p. 303

Last edited:

samtonga43

The point is...
“No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings, p. 183

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.”
Gleanings, p. 303
Please explain YOUR understanding of the "Embodiment of Remembrance".