• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was the best father you ever met?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hey Matt, Don't I at least get to be like a second favorite uncle or something?
You are up there at like the second coming of Jesus Christ status. You are not replaceable, and very valuable rf member who supported me when people wanted me banned. You have been like a guardian angel and sage who underestimates his worth. You would be a great uncle as well! :):glomp:

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a bit confused about that statement. Feel free to fill me in or not. You and George could qualify as siblings, but you seem too humble, thoughtful, fond of living simply, love for nature, and considerate of others to be a rival of George. ;)
Its true, @Quagmire is too good of a guy to be a sibling of mine. There's no rivalry.

@Secret Chief and I, however, relate somewhat like Tom and Jerry.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You are up there at like the second coming of Jesus Christ status. You are not replaceable, and very valuable rf member who supported me when people wanted me banned. You have been like a guardian angel and sage who underestimates his worth. You would be a great uncle as well! :):glomp:
I'll accept that. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
And I currently live next to George Floyd square, Minneapolis
IMG_20240610_132322_059.jpg
IMG_20240610_132517_050~2.jpg
IMG_20240610_133456_508~2.jpg

He is the most influential George in Minnesota history. The police precinct that yanked my arm out of socket was burned to the ground, and people were rushing to board up their buildings like it was a zombie apocalypse.

There was nothing resembling police protection until national guard arrived. The money he raised up to bail people who can't afford bail, don't have family or friends that would pay a dime for bail, is what bailed me out on the feast of saint Philomena, which strongly influenced my relationship and bond with @JustGeorge, as a mentor and spiritual father.:)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
@Secret Chief and I, however, relate somewhat like Tom and Jerry.
What? Tom and Jerry cartoons are accessible somewhere today? You're too young to have accessed them when they originally were run.

I did notice that on Max, there are Loony tunes. Maybe they are on Max? I just started looking around on Max.

edit: I just looked Tom and Jerry are on Max.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
What? Tom and Jerry cartoons are accessible somewhere today? You're too young to have accessed them when they originally were run.

I did notice that on Max, there are Loony tunes. Maybe they are on Max? I just started looking around on Max.

edit: I just looked Tom and Jerry are on Max.
I grew up on Tom and Jerry! I watched them on TV daily.

I was born in 1984.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
When I was a kid, I had a friend who rationalized that everyone who was cruel to her was jealous of her hair. (She did have really nice hair.)

That's gotta be it.
That is now my excuse. And that they're jealous they're a decade younger than me but look a decade older than me.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I grew up on Tom and Jerry! I watched them on TV daily.

I was born in 1984
But! But! I was born in 1951. But I preferred Merry Melodies or Loony Tunes. I saw them on Saturdays. I love those still. Except for the Tweety Bird and Sylvester ones. I was always rooting for Sylvester. You see, I grew up with a cat I loved more that my family. (i'm not kidding on that one). I see Tweety Bird as cruel. I just saw the first one on Max. It was in 1944. Mel Blanc was doing their voices even then.

My favorites were Bugs Bunny as Brunhilde supposedly with Ring of of the Nibelung music in the background. As this is an opera, Bugs gets killed in the end. Later I found out the music was from Tannhauser. Another one was a Barber of Seville send-off. Another classic was Daffy Duck thinking he's Robin Hood, with Porky Pig pooh-poohing that. When I was young I even saw Willie coyote and Roadrunner cartoons in the movie theater. I remember still Bugs having the diving board being sawed off, or something like that, and he didn't fall. He explained that he never studied law, and that's why the law of gravity didn't work.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Damn Matt, thats a tricky one.

My own dad is the best and only dad for me. Always understanding, always there when needed (except once and he's never forgiven himself for that)

The father of my children, a wonderful man and had things been a little different I'd have been proud to have him as their full time dad.

My husband, unable to sire children but he accepted the job of father with open arms.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
That is now my excuse. And that they're jealous they're a decade younger than me but look a decade older than me.
I think I aged a decade in the last month... I kinda get shocked when I see my reflection in stuff.
I wake up, have a shower, make breakfast and then read the abuse from @JustGeorge . Another routine day.
Don't lie to these fine people. You don't shower.
I'm more than a bit confused... :rolleyes:
We know.