• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will you vote for?

Bishka

Veteran Member
In last couple of election, many people voted for George W. Bush because he said he 'wouldn't' do this and that. Instead of voting for someone who 'won't' do anything, how about voting for someone who will do something. :) What do you think?

Aqualung

Tasty
No way. The government does too much even when people's platforms are built on what they won't do. No way am I going to vote for somebody who actually builds his platform on what he WILL do.

Inky

Yep, last election was certainly a "lesser of two evils" deal...
Me, I'm hoping Obama makes the primaries; he's my favorite candidate so far.

SoyLeche

meh...
In last couple of election, many people voted for George W. Bush because he said he 'wouldn't' do this and that. Instead of voting for someone who 'won't' do anything, how about voting for someone who will do something. :) What do you think?
I was personally more annoyed by Kerry running on a platform of "I'm not Bush". I have no desire to vote for someone just because they are not someone else. Tell me who you are and maybe I'll consider it.

UnityNow101

RON PAUL! He is like a gift from Heaven. No matter which political party you stand behind, you will undoubtedly see Ron Paul as a man of truth and reason. He is the only true defender of the constitution in the running and reminds me of what is so great about our country..

SoyLeche

meh...
RON PAUL! He is like a gift from Heaven. No matter which political party you stand behind, you will undoubtedly see Ron Paul as a man of truth and reason. He is the only true defender of the constitution in the running and reminds me of what is so great about our country..
I have been serisously unimpressed with Ron Paul in every debate I've seen him in so far. I wouldn't mind voting for a libertarian - but not that libertarian.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Unfortunately, I am almost always voting "against" the candidate I believe to be the worst choice. I can't remember when I have actually had the opportunity to vote "for" someone I actually wanted in office.

jonny

Oh no! The Ron Paul spammers have hit Religious Forums. Just Kidding... :D

I was considering him, but the people supporting him have been bugging the hell out of me. I CAN'T STAND SPAMMERS PERIOD. If Ron Paul wants to build support for his campaign with that tactic, he's lost any chance of my vote.

Yes Man

Premium Member
For me it's way too early to say who I will vote for, if I vote at all. I find that most politicians do not make their stances on issues entirely clear. I will most likely vote democrat. However, Ron Paul might be an exception. I have found him to be most informative to the public on his positions.

Smoke

Done here.
I will be voting, with great regret, for whatever lowlife wins the Democratic nomination, because the lowlife who wins the Republican nomination is certain to be even worse.

Trey of Diamonds

I will be voting, with great regret, for whatever lowlife wins the Democratic nomination, because the lowlife who wins the Republican nomination is certain to be even worse.

Even Rudy? He's my pick because he would bring a liberal spin to the Republicans. Of course I would rather see an independant as I'm basically anti-party.

Smoke

Done here.
Even Rudy?
As Republicans go, Rudy is one of the best of a very bad lot.

Hillary and Barack are not, by a long shot, the best the Democrats have to offer, but the Democrats have convinced themselves that the way to win elections is to look like a pro-choice Republican, based -- I suppose -- on the proposition that faith is the evidence of things not seen.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I have been serisously unimpressed with Ron Paul in every debate I've seen him in so far. I wouldn't mind voting for a libertarian - but not that libertarian.

I am a Libertarian, so Ron Paul is the obviously choice for me.

Francine

Anyone who will get us out of the Occupation of Iraq and keep us out of new wars. Which means all the Republicans except Ron Paul are disqualified.