• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why a bible?

sky cake

life is what you make it, religion is a binding of god, it is a confining of the possibility of god. religions speack evil of each other, each seeking its holy place, fighting for its place in line. sadly most of what religion can teach us it to conform to a group think, a hive mentality. most read there bibles to gain ammo agenst there enemys.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
life is what you make it, religion is a binding of god, it is a confining of the possibility of god. religions speack evil of each other, each seeking its holy place, fighting for its place in line. sadly most of what religion can teach us it to conform to a group think, a hive mentality. most read there bibles to gain ammo agenst there enemys.
Hmmm...
Mine doesn't do those things.

sky cake

you profess a god you can not prove. you belive he acts with kindness, buy suplying us with pain, and love when he supplys us with judgment and hell. you act is if you know god in some close intament way. you belive in a personal relationship with your god, but argue a public defence. you explain that you belive the bible has errors, yet it is your only way to truly know god.

you do know that jesus was not born in december? do you celibrate christmas as jesus birthday? do you know that mass is a term that came from the worship of mithros?

sky cake

do you rember when the jews wanted a king,but god did not want them to have one, and in the end they got saul, did it happen again when, god allowed man to wright a bible? is the bible really only good for beating other christians up with?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
do you rember when the jews wanted a king,but god did not want them to have one, and in the end they got saul, did it happen again when, god allowed man to wright a bible? is the bible really only good for beating other christians up with?

No sometimes it's used for beating non Christians :bible::slap:
Sorry I couldn't resist the temptation....:D

footprints

Now in all honesty I do not believe in god and the devil, I am tormented with the evil that man inflects on other men in the name of there presumed god. With this understanding I ask these questions, and pose these answers. I am not god, nor do I speack for him, this is meant as a call to reason to all men that would be free of religious oppression, it is sad that a slave loves his chains, and boasts of the ring in his nose.

These questions are interrelated, if you ask one it leads to the others.

Is God revealed only through “ Gods imparted faith?
Is man hopelessly lost with out god revealing himself to man?
Can a man read the bible and believe in god but because god has not revealed himself to that man, that man remains lost?

Is faith, “faith” in the presence of proof?

Is the bible faith’s “proof”?

Can the bible be misinterpreted?

If man can not tell the difference between Satan and god in the absence of godly revelation, and faith often is the result of religious indoctrination, the measuring stick of mans observance, how can man clearly see, with faith or reason, his status with a god that can only be understood in the context what god ascribes to his personal visitations.

There are many way to describe faith. There are many reasons to want faith, but faith in the abstains of a visitation form god is little more than wishful thinking and ritual social group think. To describe any written work that was not passed from god to you directly is subject to misinterpretation.

Answers: conculuson
That the bible is the work of men, and men are subject to deceit, and easily confused.
That if god were real then men cant know him with out gods help, and would be lost to try to understand what the bible means.
That the bible is unnecessary.
That god could in faith reveal himself to each man, and remove a stumbling block to all men, by not having a bible, but offer one that is easly formed to mean anthing.
That the bible acts as proof to religious people, and that that proof damages faith.
That the bible tends to polarizes people into religious social groups.
that the bible becomes an icon, and a symbol, that most religious people replace god with it.
That were reading replaces revelation, and the word that was “in the beginning” is forced to become the “word” the reader interprets.
That if Satan is the father of lies, and the bible can not be understood with out godly revelation, then the bible has only one author, man. That if god can convert without the bible, and religion has to have some form of ‘faith proof” or “sky cake” is not anything that does not pass directly form god to you, subject to misinterpertation
god teach us to fear him is to love him, and offer hell as a punishment when men can’t do anything to avoid it themselves It seems mean and evil and something Satan would do.

Why are you not equally tormented in the evil mankind commits against mankind when not in the name of a diety?

Have a happy and safe new year.

sky cake

Why are you not equally tormented in the evil mankind commits against mankind when not in the name of a diety?

Have a happy and safe new year.
with all it was written in the opening post all you can ask is "why are you not equally tormented in the evil of mankind..."
wth? 1. if the good guys rape and kill and cheat how are the rest of the world going to act?
2. most really bad evil people are religious, even it it is themselfs that they worship.
3. this is a religious forum, and as such, religious people flock here and are likely to respond.
4. the evil mankind does not have a web forum, or are you the emmisary for the evil mankind can i use you as a point of contact?
5. how do you know i am not tormented by the acts of the unreligious?
6. do you care to point out the acts of the unreligious that you are questioning me not being tormanted about, maybe i dont have your asstute vision.
7. your posting of a large qote and answering it with a one sentance, is like driving at 80 miles an hrin your car , with your but out the window, and fatring at people arguing in the street, you can do better than than, surly there was more in the first post that warrants a 5 or 6 sentance responce.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
who ever is doing the spanking, lol but truthfully i am in to girls only.:yes::drool:

I guess I was the one who offered the spanking, pic on my profile, without the leather of course.....:D

Why the Bible....Because I like studying it and it gives me comfort, can you except that as a legitmate reason? There are parts that I don't think are accurate but I know that if I am trying to live a decent moral life that following Christ's examples it can't hurt.

Last edited:

footprints

Now in all honesty I do not believe in god and the devil, I am tormented with the evil that man inflects on other men in the name of there presumed god. With this understanding I ask these questions, and pose these answers. I am not god, nor do I speack for him, this is meant as a call to reason to all men that would be free of religious oppression, it is sad that a slave loves his chains, and boasts of the ring in his nose.

These questions are interrelated, if you ask one it leads to the others.

Is God revealed only through “ Gods imparted faith?
Is man hopelessly lost with out god revealing himself to man?
Can a man read the bible and believe in god but because god has not revealed himself to that man, that man remains lost?

Is faith, “faith” in the presence of proof?

Is the bible faith’s “proof”?

Can the bible be misinterpreted?

If man can not tell the difference between Satan and god in the absence of godly revelation, and faith often is the result of religious indoctrination, the measuring stick of mans observance, how can man clearly see, with faith or reason, his status with a god that can only be understood in the context what god ascribes to his personal visitations.

There are many way to describe faith. There are many reasons to want faith, but faith in the abstains of a visitation form god is little more than wishful thinking and ritual social group think. To describe any written work that was not passed from god to you directly is subject to misinterpretation.

Answers: conculuson
That the bible is the work of men, and men are subject to deceit, and easily confused.
That if god were real then men cant know him with out gods help, and would be lost to try to understand what the bible means.
That the bible is unnecessary.
That god could in faith reveal himself to each man, and remove a stumbling block to all men, by not having a bible, but offer one that is easly formed to mean anthing.
That the bible acts as proof to religious people, and that that proof damages faith.
That the bible tends to polarizes people into religious social groups.
that the bible becomes an icon, and a symbol, that most religious people replace god with it.
That were reading replaces revelation, and the word that was “in the beginning” is forced to become the “word” the reader interprets.
That if Satan is the father of lies, and the bible can not be understood with out godly revelation, then the bible has only one author, man. That if god can convert without the bible, and religion has to have some form of ‘faith proof” or “sky cake” is not anything that does not pass directly form god to you, subject to misinterpertation
god teach us to fear him is to love him, and offer hell as a punishment when men can’t do anything to avoid it themselves It seems mean and evil and something Satan would do.

Hi sky cake, and thank you for your honesty for now all can see where your bias and prejudice lie.

In order to have a discussion based on reason alone, one must first start out from a position of reason. When a discussion starts out from a position of perceptional reason as your post above, there can be no logic nor reason in anything which follows.

I accept the fact that you are tormented by the alleged fact of the evil that mankind inflicts on others of the same species in the name of a presumed God. You are not alone there and from every perspective I am sure the majority of people in the world agree with you and share your torment and empathy. Albeit the Islamic extremist may not share the exact same view as you, I am sure they wish the west would stop dropping bombs on them and killing their men, women and children too.

I do though find it very irrational though to single out religions and presumed deities, are you not tormented over the evil mankind inflicts on others of the same species when an alleged Deity is not involved or even presumed? The number of these far exceeds the number of needless killings et al, the other way, on a daily and yearly basis.

Last edited:

footprints

with all it was written in the opening post all you can ask is "why are you not equally tormented in the evil of mankind..."
wth? 1. if the good guys rape and kill and cheat how are the rest of the world going to act?
2. most really bad evil people are religious, even it it is themselfs that they worship.
3. this is a religious forum, and as such, religious people flock here and are likely to respond.
4. the evil mankind does not have a web forum, or are you the emmisary for the evil mankind can i use you as a point of contact?
5. how do you know i am not tormented by the acts of the unreligious?
6. do you care to point out the acts of the unreligious that you are questioning me not being tormanted about, maybe i dont have your asstute vision.
7. your posting of a large qote and answering it with a one sentance, is like driving at 80 miles an hrin your car , with your but out the window, and fatring at people arguing in the street, you can do better than than, surly there was more in the first post that warrants a 5 or 6 sentance responce.

1 point at a time sky cake, 1 point at a time, first we must get to a position of reason before any reasoned discussion can be had. See post above for further clarification.

Last edited:

sky cake

I guess I was the one who offered the spanking, pic on my profile, without the leather of course.....:D

Why the Bible....Because I like studying it and it gives me comfort, can you except that as a legitmate reason? There are parts that I don't think are accurate but I know that if I am trying to live a decent moral life that following Christ's examples it can't hurt.

well i guess i have to wate for the leather pics,

i dont have a problem with some folks needing a bible, if it makes you a better, more peaceful person. the shame is that we need a bible, if god were real we would not need one. the bible acts as a serigote god. and the beliver in its holy books feel thet they have to defend there belifes and bibles. there actions they belive to be the providance of god, and if jesus lives in there hearts they would not need a bible, so in the end the fact that we have a bible is evidance that there is no god.

sky cake

1 point at a time sky cake, 1 point at a time, first we must get to a position of reason before any reasoned discussion can be had. See post above for further clarification.
you are right, i am so sorry for being so stupidly bias, i now except jesus in to my heart and make him lord.

dont you get it religion is not reasonable. belife in a god is not reasinable. the sin of mankind it to presume it knows god and acts in his name. religion is an excuse that allowes us to place ourselfs higer than the others around us.

you care to offer proff of god? or the goodness of god?