• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people leaving all of a sudden?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend,
Death follows birth that is nature,
Similarly those who come in will go out.
When, where, how are just makes statistics not facts.
Those who are here today will surely not be there tomorrow.
What is imporatnat is finding the being within us.
The journey is individual. The jouney is going inwards.
Whatever others may do is in no way help us unless we follow or practice it.
Masters down the ages have come and gone but still only a few has been able to master it.
Let us beging our inward jouney.
Love & rgds

I am trying to understand how being an atheist is a religion. If I was an atheist, the last thing I would do is spend time on a religious forum.
Atheism is not a religion. The fact that you do not believe in anything spiritual or supernatural does not mean that you are precluded from having an interest in what others believe in, and why they believe it.
Djamila was posting like a woman possessed until the 24th March, then nothing. Perhaps it is something I said! On the other hand, she might just be on holiday or otherwise engaged.

Circle_One

Friend,
Death follows birth that is nature,
Similarly those who come in will go out.
When, where, how are just makes statistics not facts.
Those who are here today will surely not be there tomorrow.
What is imporatnat is finding the being within us.
The journey is individual. The jouney is going inwards.
Whatever others may do is in no way help us unless we follow or practice it.
Masters down the ages have come and gone but still only a few has been able to master it.
Let us beging our inward jouney.
Love & rgds

Do you actually really talk like this in real life because I can't f*ing imagine it at all.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Circle One,
Apologies for all communications in this fashion.
Reason being that the reason for the forum is to help spiritual growth of individuals of the PATH.
To be here in spirit is more meaningful and purposeful though life has no meaning or purpose is well understood.
Physically what one does, how food reaches his body cells are immaterail spiritual growth requires a SANGHA and this is a global sangha.

Do you actually really talk like this in real life
Yes, internally the communication is similar to what is written here.

However if there is any problem in understanding the language, please do bring it out, as all efforts to use any language suitable for most to understand as is understood.
Love & rgds

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
doppelgänger;788467 said:
I've been reading and writing much about quantum mechanics and Hindu mysticism, Hema. I'd be interested in reading your take when you get the chance.

Email me when you can but if I don't respond immediately, it's because I'm going to be very busy in the upcoming weeks. You all will find out why pretty soon, if you don't know already! :D

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Do you actually really talk like this in real life because I can't f*ing imagine it at all.

Friend Circle One,
Apologies for all communications in this fashion.
Reason being that the reason for the forum is to help spiritual growth of individuals of the PATH.
To be here in spirit is more meaningful and purposeful though life has no meaning or purpose is well understood.
Physically what one does, how food reaches his body cells are immaterail spiritual growth requires a SANGHA and this is a global sangha.

Do you actually really talk like this in real life
Yes, internally the communication is similar to what is written here.

However if there is any problem in understanding the language, please do bring it out, as all efforts to use any language suitable for most to understand as is understood.
Love & rgds

I actually thinks that he means well. Even if he doesn't talk like that in real life, he is just expressing what is in his heart. I definitely don't talk the way that I write. I'm much more expressive when I write.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ladies And Gentleman:

If you notice that RF never makes anyone uncomfortable about leaving. RF’s slogan has always's been “discuss, compare, debate religion on our online community” it is not, Religious Forums “of course you can leave whenever you want to” which is why we will never see RF listed as a cult.

I would like to think that some of the people who have left RF have changed, are more experienced and are enlightened and better represented to accept and tolerate other religions away from the onlne format. In that sense I think RF has provided a beautiful service. When I read about an RF member leaving I do not think of it as a loss; I think that what a privilage it has been that they have graced my life for even a few moments and it makes me believe that they may have come full circle or sought the questions that they wanted answered in their lives.

A person’s reason for leaving RF is personal and possibly none of our business and out of the two and a half years that I have attended RF, no member has really crossed those personal lines and that is to be respected. So next time someone has the considerate decency to post a goodbye thread instead of asking ourselves “Why Are People Leaving All Of A Sudden” maybe the question we should all be asking ourselves is “What Are We Going To Do With All Those Frubals?”

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Ladies And Gentleman:

If you notice that RF never makes anyone uncomfortable about leaving. RF’s slogan has always's been “discuss, compare, debate religion on our online community” it is not, Religious Forums “of course you can leave whenever you want to” which is why we will never see RF listed as a cult.

I would like to think that some of the people who have left RF have changed, are more experienced and are enlightened and better represented to accept and tolerate other religions away from the onlne format. In that sense I think RF has provided a beautiful service. When I read about an RF member leaving I do not think of it as a loss; I think that what a privilage it has been that they have graced my life for even a few moments and it makes me believe that they may have come full circle or sought the questions that they wanted answered in their lives.

A person’s reason for leaving RF is personal and possibly none of our business and out of the two and a half years that I have attended RF, no member has really crossed those personal lines and that is to be respected. So next time someone has the considerate decency to post a goodbye thread instead of asking ourselves “Why Are People Leaving All Of A Sudden” maybe the question we should all be asking ourselves is “What Are We Going To Do With All Those Frubals?”

That is very wise but some of us get attached to people and we mish them! :( Ah yes, everything is only temporary, even our time on earth. The wise truly understand this and they do not get attached. I'm not one of the wise. :eek: I tend to worry about people a lot. Even people on RF. :shrug:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Well, within the last two months or so

Buttercup
Buttons*
Djamila
Ody (Alan Gurvey)
Brightness (used to be Pah)
Willemenia

and several others who made goodbye threads. What is making everybody leave? Real life? Or is it somethin about the forums?!!?

Time of year, longer days; gardens to look after.....................

People come and people go; Ashley's far too busy with her secret little plans.......
Djamila's forgoten how to link pictures to threads..............
Brightness is fully into spending all his time working for Equality........

The Forum???:eek: How could it be the Forum?

That is very wise but some of us get attached to people and we mish them! :( Ah yes, everything is only temporary, even our time on earth. The wise truly understand this and they do not get attached. I'm not one of the wise. :eek: I tend to worry about people a lot. Even people on RF. :shrug:

I have spent my entire life losing people (because my family has alwas been on the move); I hate it too, but I am beginning to accept that things and people "change".......I'm 58, and I still am not "there".....

cardero

Citizen Mod
What about those of us who lurk quietly in the background then?

"NO FRUBALS FOR YOU!!"

cardero

Citizen Mod
Time of year, longer days; gardens to look after.....................

People come and people go; Ashley's far too busy with her secret little plans.......
Djamila's forgoten how to link pictures to threads..............
Brightness is fully into spending all his time working for Equality........

The Forum???:eek: How could it be the Forum?
Have you noticed that too Michel, that it seems to be a seasonal? How can anyone leave a place that is always sunny and growing?

jonny

The forums have become large and impersonal. People don't know each other like they used to because they are so scattered about. I've noticed a lot of the regulars have quit posting, but I think it may be that the forums haven't been very interesting for quite a while. Perhaps some 'consolidation' of the forums is in order...

Just my opinion. ;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
There's always something going on in someone's life. I, myself, haven't been posting much because of moving. I rarely even get on the computer that much lately and when I do it is usually just to look something up, change address, or look for something to work from home with. I can't imagine just saying goodbye for good though. At least not while I'm a SAHM. Perhaps if I was to work outside the home, especially with the weather being what it is, I would take a short vacation from the forum. Maybe that is what is going on for others. I certainly don't think the forum itself is driving people away.