• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people leaving all of a sudden?

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
I must say that I'm very distressed to hear there are some who are dear to us who have moved on. They wil be greatly missed.....but I'm still here. :sad:

WWJF

I think it has alot to do with the fact that people can't speak their mind here without getting sensored or banned. Makes for boring debates and discussions. But what do I know

Bishka

Veteran Member
I think it has alot to do with the fact that people can't speak their mind here without getting sensored or banned. Makes for boring debates and discussions. But what do I know

Hardly. There is a difference between cenorship and what you see. The moderators are hardly censoring...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit

I know! People are actually asked to follow the sites' rules! It's disgusting that posts that violate those rules recieve warnings and repeatedly doing so recieves bannings. How dare people try to hold others to the forum guidelines that they agreed to follow when they signed up? The gall of some people.

All kidding aside, the forum tries as best as it can to allow free and open speech while limiting the 'rule violating' posts. If someone is truly unable to speak their mind without doing so in the proper subforum, doing so with appropriate language and being civil about it, then their mind might be better voiced somewhere where posting in that manner is welcomed.

M

Majikthise

Not much apparently. I haven't had any problems in my 2 plus years of posting here.
And I can be pretty annoying, ask anybody.:D (i luv little green smiley!)

WWJF

I know! People are actually asked to follow the sites' rules! It's disgusting that posts that violate those rules recieve warnings and repeatedly doing so recieves bannings. How dare people try to hold others to the forum guidelines that they agreed to follow when they signed up? The gall of some people.

I agree completely feathers, but what I am referring to are those who are banned for reasons such bias oppinions, different beliefs and things of this nature. Dont try and pretend it doesn't happen, it does. If anyone offends the christians it is only a matter of time here before they ban you for no apparent reason. Sorry, but it is the truth.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I agree completely feathers, but what I am referring to are those who are banned for reasons such bias oppinions, different beliefs and things of this nature. Dont try and pretend it doesn't happen, it does. If anyone offends the christians it is only a matter of time here before they ban you for no apparent reason. Sorry, but it is the truth.

It's apparent you are either a former or banned member. From your post count you look like a newbie, but you act like you know more then a newbie. ;)

Biased opinions and different beliefs? Hardly. If you are rude time and time again, that's what they are going to ban you for. If you offend a Christian? Hardly, I've been offended a bunch, but I don't go after them, I let them have their say until they break the forum rules.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit

I don't have to pretend it doesn't happen because I know it doesn't happen. If someone can't share their opinions or different beliefs in a way that's within forum rules, it doesn't matter what religion they come from or what religion they're speaking against. You cannot know the true reasons why someone has been banned or warned unless you are either the one having been warned or the one doing the warning. What you call 'no apparent reason' might be because someone hasn't told you the full reasoning on why they've been banned or because they've failed to understand it themselves.

For the record, I also get the sense that it's somehow unlikely that a member who has never posted before today takes their first two posts to rail against a percieved injustice. If someone is questioning a warning or a ban, they are free to email me at chibi feathers (at) gmail.com. Odds are, though, that they won't believe me if they've convinced themselves or been convinced by others that the moderators are somehow biased in any way.

Ðanisty

As a Luciferian Super Mod, I have to say I have no idea what you're talking about. :confused: If there was such a problem on this site, I would have been banned over a year ago.

M

Majikthise

Did you read my post? I'm an atheist. You don't get much further from christianity than that.:rolleyes:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Ðanisty;796181 said:
As a Luciferian Super Mod, I have to say I have no idea what you're talking about. :confused: If there was such a problem on this site, I would have been banned over a year ago.
As a confrontational and occasionally overly blunt Mod of no real religious affiliation but most certainly not Christian, I'd have been banned the first time I referred to the Abrahamic God as a seemingly psychotic cross dresser if this were the case. There have been times in the past - before I was a Mod and decided a little decorum was in order - when I've made it my mission to stomp on some of the more fundamentalist Christian members. Strangely, I'm still here.
So very incorrect, but thank you for playing.:D

M

Majikthise

Meh, we all know you're really Pat Robertson in disguise.:p
You...you're a closet televangelist!:cover:

Shhhhhh! I'm incognito!

I just left you for a few minutes, the weather is terrible here. The lights dimmed for a second and the phone must have been effected. It's pitch black out there and the wind sounds like a subway train!:eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! Please stay safe! :hug: We wouldn't want to lose our resident Scaper!

I mean, back to the devil that spawned ye, atheist scum!

Says the Pictish Dianic Pagan super moderator.

WWJF

I don't have to pretend it doesn't happen because I know it doesn't happen. If someone can't share their opinions or different beliefs in a way that's within forum rules, it doesn't matter what religion they come from or what religion they're speaking against. You cannot know the true reasons why someone has been banned or warned unless you are either the one having been warned or the one doing the warning. What you call 'no apparent reason' might be because someone hasn't told you the full reasoning on why they've been banned or because they've failed to understand it themselves.

Ok Feathers, Ill level with you...This is XAAX, they can go ahead and close this account too...I really don't care anymore...Since I was banned for no real reason what so ever...I have sent numerous emails to the admins asking why I was banned for 2 weeks...no response was ever sent...after 1 week of no response I told them that if this is how they treat their members then they can take me off the subscriber list...you know what followed that...next time I logged in after sending that email to todd...a permanent bann on my account.... I really enjoyed talking with a number of RF's...It really upset me that I could be banned after 1 infraction and then moved to permanent because I asked for a reason...

M

Majikthise

Ack! Please stay safe! :hug: We wouldn't want to lose our resident Scaper!

I mean, back to the devil that spawned ye, atheist scum!

Says the Pictish Dianic Pagan super moderator.

I'm going to hide under the covers til morning.
Good luck with this business.

BIG HUGS!! :hug:
And a badger!!!:badger:

Bishka

Veteran Member
Ok Feathers, Ill level with you...This is XAAX, they can go ahead and close this account too...I really don't care anymore...Since I was banned for no real reason what so ever...I have sent numerous emails to the admins asking why I was banned for 2 weeks...no response was ever sent...after 1 week of no response I told them that if this is how they treat their members then they can take me off the subscriber list...you know what followed that...next time I logged in after sending that email to todd...a permanent bann on my account.... I really enjoyed talking with a number of RF's...It really upset me that I could be banned after 1 infraction and then moved to permanent because I asked for a reason...

Huh, you know what...I was wondering where you had gone........;)