• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people leaving all of a sudden?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
You will be PMed under this account as to the reasons why this happened. Thanks to user confidentiality, I cannot and will not state on the open boards the circumstances. I hope that once things have been explained you will do the honorable thing.

WWJF

You will be PMed under this account as to the reasons why this happened. Thanks to user confidentiality, I cannot and will not state on the open boards the circumstances. I hope that once things have been explained you will do the honorable thing.

Feathers...that is all I was trying to find out in the first place...I doubt there is any reason that someone could give me to excuse this but I would like to know what the response will be...Thank you Feathers

constantine

the Great
Ok Feathers, Ill level with you...This is XAAX, they can go ahead and close this account too...I really don't care anymore...Since I was banned for no real reason what so ever...I have sent numerous emails to the admins asking why I was banned for 2 weeks...no response was ever sent...after 1 week of no response I told them that if this is how they treat their members then they can take me off the subscriber list...you know what followed that...next time I logged in after sending that email to todd...a permanent bann on my account.... I really enjoyed talking with a number of RF's...It really upset me that I could be banned after 1 infraction and then moved to permanent because I asked for a reason...

well l dont feel safe anymore... a banned member back for revenge.. lm not christian dude but pm me if you feel the need to swear and insult someone.

Bishka

Veteran Member
well l dont feel safe anymore... a banned member back for revenge.. lm not christian dude but pm me if you feel the need to swear and insult someone.

I don't think Xaax was 'back for revenge', he was just trying to figure out why he was banned and received no response.

lizskid

BANNED
I agree completely feathers, but what I am referring to are those who are banned for reasons such bias oppinions, different beliefs and things of this nature. Dont try and pretend it doesn't happen, it does. If anyone offends the christians it is only a matter of time here before they ban you for no apparent reason. Sorry, but it is the truth.

Actually, there aren't that many of us on the mod team that are Christian as such, it's a pretty mixed group, I'd say!

People banned for "no reason" have ignored warnings, the forum rules, other posters' responses to their posts, etc. It's really pretty simple to get along here, be respectful-ALWAYS.

constantine

the Great
Try visiting any other 'religious forums' especially of the one-faith kind and you will see that this is the most open and liberal of them all!
l dont have a problem with this one. l dont know why you think l do. lf you want to know why people are leaving,xaax made a good point about censorship. l myself have no need to be censored unless l make a "distastefull joke" so lm told. l think some people can be a little uptight and easily offended but l mean no harm beckysoup: hamster :

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ok Feathers, Ill level with you...This is XAAX, they can go ahead and close this account too...I really don't care anymore...Since I was banned for no real reason what so ever...I have sent numerous emails to the admins asking why I was banned for 2 weeks...no response was ever sent...after 1 week of no response I told them that if this is how they treat their members then they can take me off the subscriber list...you know what followed that...next time I logged in after sending that email to todd...a permanent bann on my account.... I really enjoyed talking with a number of RF's...It really upset me that I could be banned after 1 infraction and then moved to permanent because I asked for a reason...
You can't close the account, I just gave you welcome Frubals and you haven't told me what the "F" stands for in your user title.

Hope

Princesinha
The forums have become large and impersonal. People don't know each other like they used to because they are so scattered about. I've noticed a lot of the regulars have quit posting, but I think it may be that the forums haven't been very interesting for quite a while. Perhaps some 'consolidation' of the forums is in order...

Just my opinion. ;)

I agree with you, Jonny, about the "large and impersonal" part. That's partly why I don't post on here as much as I used to. It's a much different forum than it was when I first joined.

I also have different priorities now, and aside from writing in my journal on here (which, unfortunately, is currently disabled----please bring it back soon, mods and admins!----keeping a journal is often a lifeline for me), I don't feel compelled to spend hours in front of a computer, when I can and ought to be doing other things.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
hey gang,

i had to leave. Aside from starting a new life here in Israel and planning a wedding and all that...i feel like i've changed, especially since coming here. I love RF and love debating, it's what i live for, but there are some things i can not talk about on here because there's nothing intellectual resulting from it (if no one here can guess it's the 5 gazillion "Israel-Arab Conflict" threads).

i've resolved that there are simply people out there whose opinions won't budge...and i'm one of them.

and frankly i have too much and too many important things going on right now to go and get ****** off about a debate which now is a very real thing for me these days.

i've considered coming back...mainly to address questions on Judaism but the Judaism forum is, for the most part, a quiet corner of this forum which few people go to.

i do admit i miss it here...but i don't think this is the place for me to be anymore.:(

and knowing that breaks my heart

jonny

I agree with you, Jonny, about the "large and impersonal" part. That's partly why I don't post on here as much as I used to. It's a much different forum than it was when I first joined.

There are some benefits to this though. Some of the 'gangs' (i can't think of a better word) that used to rule RF have been broken up. It used to be pretty cliquie here, and I think that has changed.

Hope

Princesinha
There are some benefits to this though. Some of the 'gangs' (i can't think of a better word) that used to rule RF have been broken up. It used to be pretty cliquie here, and I think that has changed.

Valid point. Maybe, I was a part of that original "clique", and once that clique left, I felt out of the loop.;) Who knows. I don't think it's any less "cliquie" now than it used to be. Mainly, I just miss the days when the forum was smaller, and everyone knew each other better. When a forum grows, it's inevitable that it becomes more impersonal. Can't be helped.

Hope

Princesinha
hey gang,

i had to leave. Aside from starting a new life here in Israel and planning a wedding and all that...i feel like i've changed, especially since coming here. I love RF and love debating, it's what i live for, but there are some things i can not talk about on here because there's nothing intellectual resulting from it (if no one here can guess it's the 5 gazillion "Israel-Arab Conflict" threads).

i've resolved that there are simply people out there whose opinions won't budge...and i'm one of them.

and frankly i have too much and too many important things going on right now to go and get ****** off about a debate which now is a very real thing for me these days.

i've considered coming back...mainly to address questions on Judaism but the Judaism forum is, for the most part, a quiet corner of this forum which few people go to.

i do admit i miss it here...but i don't think this is the place for me to be anymore.:(

and knowing that breaks my heart

I identify with many of your reasons for leaving.

You're definitely missed, Huff, but you're doing the right thing.:yes: There's no sense in letting an online forum, even one as nice as RF, replace living your real life, in the real world.