• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't condone people wearing it or burning it.
I also don't see our screwed politics as a reason for flying it upside down. We they people are responsible for our screwed up politics by electing **** heads into office.
The country being in a state of distress is when it's appropriate to fly upside down. The candidates the fan clubs are.giving us are enabling the destruction of America.

We Never Know

No Slack
The country being in a state of distress is when it's appropriate to fly upside down. The candidates the fan clubs are.giving us are enabling the destruction of America.
Who picks(votes for) the candidates that wins the primaries?

They need a voting option of none of the above.

As I said.. We the people are responsible for our screwed up politics by electing **** heads into office.

Shadow Wolf

We voters decide a party's candidate

As I said, they need an option for none of the above.
States with closed primaries no. Those states are strictly registered fan club members only. Indiana is this way, however it's on an honor system last I knew.

Shadow Wolf

You missed my edit...
Some nations, been awhile so I don't exactly who, has a none of the above option.
And Brewster Millions is a poor example. It was a farce he ran, and an optimistic comedic spin to have people voting for him instead. He expresses similar concerns of incompetent bungholes getting sent to office, and tried to force a non of the above option.
Or I might just be nitpicking because the movie could've been so much more for the talent it had, lol.

We Never Know

No Slack
States with closed primaries no. Those states are strictly registered fan club members only. Indiana is this way, however it's on an honor system last I knew.

Closed primaries aren't really different. You just have to affiliate with the party to participate in it.

We Never Know

No Slack
Some nations, been awhile so I don't exactly who, has a none of the above option.
And Brewster Millions is a poor example. It was a farce he ran, and an optimistic comedic spin to have people voting for him instead. He expresses similar concerns of incompetent bungholes getting sent to office, and tried to force a non of the above option.
Or I might just be nitpicking because the movie could've been so much more for the talent it had, lol.
I vote for missing the point and nitpicking.

The point was vote for none of the above. Dont put them in office.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I think its disrespectful. Same as burning a pride flag.

Burning either ****s on everyone it represents.

I also tend to believe that desecrating a flag often (but not always, as context can vary) disrespects everyone it represents, whether intentionally or not. Burning a country's flag—when the flag is meant to represent the country with its entire people, history, and heritage—to protest a specific policy or action carried out by said country often seems to me to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Shadow Wolf

I also tend to believe that desecrating a flag often (but not always, as context can vary) disrespects everyone it represents, whether intentionally or not. Burning a country's flag—when the flag is meant to represent the country with its entire people, history, and heritage—to protest a specific policy or action carried out by said country often seems to me to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I would say for some things, like Uncle Sam's past time of installing dictators and bombing people, in response to that it is very fitting and appropriate given that what is supposed to be a shining beacon of democracy is being a blood thirsty terrorist state.