• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's only when it started being pushed in our faces with flags and obscene parades that we started loudly complaining in a backlash.
Largely, a lot of that is a middle finger at those who publicly display their cross and other symbols year round as they want to beat us with them. We deal with your ****, you can deal with ours (I must admit here I know more of Canadian queer history than I do UK queer modern history).

Argentbear

Some people will burn either.

Burn one its "Hell ya! Free speech
Burn the other its "You're a hater. A homophobe, etc etc.
if you burn a LGBT flag because of hate or to promote hate or prejudice or to attacks LGBT people then yes it is an act of homophobia.

Argentbear

But but . "its just a flag"
Which is what is said when its about burning the American flag.
41fuXp+zjWL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg

And this is just a couple pieces of wood

McBell

Admiral Obvious
41fuXp+zjWL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg

And this is just a couple pieces of wood
Far to many flames to be "just a couple pieces of wood"

I try really hard to not let others lead me around by the nose.

Getting all bent out of shape over the burning of a flag, or cross, or book(s) is nothing more than letting those doing the burning lead you around by the nose.

Argentbear

Getting all bent out of shape over the burning of a flag, or cross, or book(s) is nothing more than letting those doing the burning lead you around by the nose.
no it is not just a coupe pieces of wood, it is more than a symbol it is a message to a minority. It says that minority should live in fear. The same message when a rainbow flag is burned

McBell

Admiral Obvious
no it is not just a coupe pieces of wood, it is more than a symbol it is a message to a minority. It says that minority should live in fear. The same message when a rainbow flag is burned
You only replied to one third my post.

What about the other two thirds:

I try really hard to not let others lead me around by the nose.​
Getting all bent out of shape over the burning of a flag, or cross, or book(s) is nothing more than letting those doing the burning lead you around by the nose.​

Argentbear

You only replied to one third my post.

What about the other two thirds:

I try really hard to not let others lead me around by the nose.​
Getting all bent out of shape over the burning of a flag, or cross, or book(s) is nothing more than letting those doing the burning lead you around by the nose.​
no I replied to it all

McBell

Admiral Obvious
no I replied to it all
If you say so.
Personally I do not see it.

The fact that the burning of an inanimate object you do not even own causes such an emotional reaction reveals you are being manipulated.
AND
You are allowing the manipulator to manipulate you.

I for one prefer to not be led around by the nose.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Until someone burns a cross in front of your house.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
IF that ever happens I guess we will find out.
It actually happened. It was the final straw of why my mother, sister and me fled North Carolina. She worked for an state sponsored insurance group to get insurance and other benefits to folks who lived in remote swamps. She even would assist them in registering and getting access to vote. All of which were blacks. "Big mistake" in early 1970s rural North Carolina.

There's a context to the burning of things like flags or crosses.

There are people on the internet I've enclosed who seem to live for hating people because they aren't the same race gender and generation as them why is this ?
Because Satan controls the world till God comes and ends his destruction, there will always be hate in the world. Those who seek and obey God's word are no longer of this world. We live here but we do not follow in the ways of the world that lead to death forever. Obeying God takes true Faith and Will to want to live a higher standard of life.