• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
How do you know anyone here is violating it?
It's all in how they treat, display, store and dispose of the.flag, even how they fold it. It's all outlined in the Flag Code and if you don't know or follow it it's obvious and you have no rightful claim to call yourself a patriot.

Shadow Wolf

Do you condone people burning the flag?
Yup. I've also said for I don't know how many elections now it would be suitable to display it upside given the distress of consistently getting stuck with massively unpopular candidates who are far from the best we could actually offer and not the friendliest towards democracy and American ideals and values.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I just literally said they could. Maybe read it again and see if you can pick out the differences.

I did read it more than once. It seems to me to be implying that large numbers of Americans with other cultural heritage are now more proud of the latter than the former. Setting aside that this would be their prerogative anyway, is there evidence that this is a widespread phenomenon among that subset of Americans?

Shadow Wolf

Your flag rules are like a religion lol.

It's fascinating.
They are. But at least it gives up something to spot fake patriots even if they're on the opposite coast.
My favorites are those who get plates, cups and napkins with the flag. Don't you dare step on it, burn it, or let it touch the ground but it's just right and perfect for eating off of and wiping your mouth with.:rolleyes:

We Never Know

No Slack
Yup. I've also said for I don't know how many elections now it would be suitable to display it upside given the distress of consistently getting stuck with massively unpopular candidates who are far from the best we could actually offer and not the friendliest towards democracy and American ideals and values.
I don't condone people wearing it or burning it.
I also don't see our screwed politics as a reason for flying it upside down. We they people are responsible for our screwed up politics by electing **** heads into office.

Shadow Wolf

Can one not identify with American heritage and at the same time identify with any other cultural heritage they have?
I've wondered if that might be more.common for those of us in places like America or Australia where so very many of us just don't have a very long history here. Some go back a few centuries or more, but some only go back a few generations or less. I wonder if that shortened "history of me here" might drive that identifying as american-ancestral land.

Ignatius A

I did read it more than once. It seems to me to be implying that large numbers of Americans with other cultural heritage are now more proud of the latter than the former. Setting aside that this would be their prerogative anyway, is there evidence that this is a widespread phenomenon among that subset of Americans?
And it's my perogetive to ridicule them for it. If you decide to come here there isn't any legitimate reason to thing we should acquiesce your culture.

The southern border and the demands of immigrants isn the only example I need.

We Never Know

No Slack
Interestingly enough, I have no problems with the burning of holy books or other religious symbols.

So long as you are not breaking any laws with the burning,, LIGHT IT UP!
That's just it. We have this you do that, we will do this mentality. That **** gets old.