• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There are people on the internet I've enclosed who seem to live for hating people because they aren't the same race gender and generation as them why is this ?
Because they just want a bone to chew on. Like those who keep on reminding they are different , and thus require special status from other people in society.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
What's known as Identity Politics is an evolution of Marxist thought, which has mostly overtaken the notion of 'class struggle' and recognized instead what they believe is a struggle of oppressed against oppressor, in various classes and forms. The focus on this is to try creating an egalitarian society which favours no-one, and generally is without hierarchy, sex roles etc.

I am not for this.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There are people on the internet I've enclosed who seem to live for hating people because they aren't the same race gender and generation as them why is this ?

Some of it is due to history. Such views were quite common among my grandparents' generations, but less so among my parents' and my generation. But there's still that legacy, which still continues to be a source of contention. It's an ongoing issue which won't likely go away anytime soon.

Massimo2002

What's known as Identity Politics is an evolution of Marxist thought, which has mostly overtaken the notion of 'class struggle' and recognized instead what they believe is a struggle of oppressed against oppressor, in various classes and forms. The focus on this is to try creating an egalitarian society which favours no-one, and generally is without hierarchy, sex roles etc.

I am not for this.
When did Marxist those and political identity politics come about ?

Massimo2002

Some of it is due to history. Such views were quite common among my grandparents' generations, but less so among my parents' and my generation. But there's still that legacy, which still continues to be a source of contention. It's an ongoing issue which won't likely go away anytime soon.
Thanks for this answer.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think we were on the right track when society was influenced by Martin Luther King. But today, sadly, some people on the right AND on the left have devolved. I think most of us would agree that "the right" is guilty of racism and misogyny. It's probably harder to see or admit that the "far left" or "progressives" or the "social justice warriors" (who won't stand up and name themselves), are also guilty of racism and misogyny. One way in which this manifests on the far left is via an extreme approach to identity politics. The far left now views many things through a simplistic and damaging "oppressed vs. oppressor" worldview. Taken to extremes (which happens a lot), we hear things like "white guilt" or "systemic racism". These ideas put everyone into identity politics buckets, and judge them by the bucket they fall into. So MLK's idea of judging people by the content of their character has been replaced with these crude, ham-handed identity politics divisions.