• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are we here in this world, whats our purpose?

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
To breed and later be harvested by the great GALACTUS!

Erm... or, we don't have a purpose beyond what we decide for ourselves.

sparc872

That is a question no one can answer for you. You must find a purpose in your own life. Everyone makes a difference in other people though, so the least you can do is try to make that a positive one.

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
we must all find our own purpose. myne is a christian purpose which i try to spread to all people, for instance. I, as many do, believe that my purpose is the right one (alot of people do). many people will think that their way is the right one. i guess its up to the human to decide if they follow the right or wrong path

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
"Grandfather what is the purpose of life?"

After a long time in thought, the old man looked up and said, "Grandson, children are the purpose of life. We were once children and someone cared for us, and now it is our time to care."

-Eddie Belleroe, a Cree elder from Alberta, Canada

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
I don't know. Purpose implies a separate beginning and end, a fixed past and future; I simply don't know if such things can be said to exist.

@Maize: Wonderful! :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think why are we here in this world is a question without much potential for an answer that is not pure speculation. How we came about, on the other hand, is a question that has a potential for an answer through science.

What's our purpose?

To live a good life, just as soon as we figure out what living a good life is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
standing_alone said:
We are here because we were born and our purpose is to find a purpose.

That's easy, Standing Alone, darling. For someone your age, purpose must inevitably be defined as "raw, lusty, wanton sexual escapism". I thought you knew that. Please think no more of fruitless rebellion against the imperatives of the human condition. It will only upset your digestion if you rebel against the Awesome Hormonal Force Of Nature And Impending Ruin. I hope my words can comfort you.

Matt88

we're meatbags suspended in liquid tanks which are attached to giant spires in endless fields, and we are used as big batteries for robots.

Matt88 said:
we're meatbags suspended in liquid tanks which are attached to giant spires in endless fields, and we are used as big batteries for robots.

:tsk: Heh heh heh...don't believe everything you see in movies my friend. Even though The Matrix is quite a piece of entertainment.

Matt88

i was joking bud. Our purpose on earth is to live a righteous life and hope everything turns out okay. If there is a heaven, you should get in. If there isn't, oh well.

bunny1ohio

Our purpose is to be as we were meant to be... whatever that may turn out to become for us. We are meant (if we have a purpose) to live our lives as they were given to us. Does it really have to go deeper than that? :grill:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
1400048354.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
finalfrogo said:
Some beautiful things need no purpose.

:yoda:

What if you happen to be ugly ?:D

My answer ? I guess to learn to try and become more God - like spiritually, and less like humans.