• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are White People the ones who get called racists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am white down to my core. My parents are both white. I am ashamed to identify myself as white.

I grew up in a black neighborhood, I married a hispanic and am very happy.

In my work I deal with VP's and such. 3 white people together and the bigotry starts.
I travel with my work. 3 white people at a bar and the slander begins.

My favorite story, I'm in Conneticut 5 guy's different states all white at the bar. It starts before the 1st drink finishes. One guy is from Texas and he starts riding the mexicans, lazy go for nothing worthless should all be deported. Let him finish and show him a picture of my mexican wife(el salvadorian really). Never spoke to me the rest of the week.

I have dealt with immigration whereas they made me feel like **** because as one white lady put it I should be marrying an good american girl.

Just started a new job this september All white employees. Discussing intelligently Atheism, and homosexuality and one guy "Yeah and we need to stop all interracial marriages". That stopped everyone and he sheepishly moved off.

He's there and there plenty more like him out there and it ashames me.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I am white down to my core. My parents are both white. I am ashamed to identify myself as white.

In my work I deal with VP's and such. 3 white people together and the bigotry starts.

My favorite story, I'm in Conneticut 5 guy's different states all white at the bar. It starts before the 1st drink finishes. One guy is from Texas and he starts riding the mexicans, lazy go for nothing worthless should all be deported. Let him finish and show him a picture of my mexican wife(el salvadorian really). Never spoke to me the rest of the week.

I have dealt with immigrant whereas they made me feel like **** because as one white lady put it I should be marrying an good american girl.

Just started a new job this september All white employees. Discussing intelligently Atheism, and homosexuality and one guy "Yeah and we need to stop all interracial marriages". That stopped everyone and he sheepishly moved off.

I really don't see this crap. A white businessman would be a fool to hire a unqualified white over a better qualified minority.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I have dealt with immigrant whereas they made me feel like **** because as one white lady put it I should be marrying an good american girl.

It would shame anyone,no matter what colour skin they had

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I really don't see this crap. A white businessman would be a fool to hire a unqualified white over a better qualified minority.

Not saying everyone but a large amount still. When I was a kid I said the F word all the time so much I didn't even notice. I think that some people don't even notice they are racist.

I have a large group of relatives in a small rural town of PA. My wife and I went to the mall in the town and we stood out like a sore thumb. My nephews came to my house once and wanted to know who the chocolate chip kids were.

At the dinner table if crime comes up or poverty the black talk begins. I love them I think it is just reflex. It has to be TV's influence. No blacks even live in their town.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is sort of irrelevant, but back in the 1970s, I applied for a reactor operator job at the Phoenix Memorial Reactor at the University of Michigan.
The manager, whose name I still remember, told me that he was under orders not to hire any white guys. It was females & minorities only.
Ford had the same policy for a while at their Dearborn research facility.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
This is sort of irrelevant, but back in the 1970s, I applied for a reactor operator job at the Phoenix Memorial Reactor at the University of Michigan.
The manager, whose name I still remember, told me that he was under orders not to hire any white guys. It was females & minorities only.

Lol, if I were a woman or a minority, I have a feeling my physics career would be blossoming and my dishwashing career would be nonexistent.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

Is that sort of discrimination still legal in America? Or was it illegal back then too?

I know a lot of businesses have had pressure to create a diverse environment in the workplace. This was all about reducing discrimination. Which makes specifically not hiring white men kind of ironic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is that sort of discrimination still legal in America? Or was it illegal back then too?
Back then it was considered legal. But the law has changed. Nowadays, the
university still discriminates, but not so overtly....they use murkier techniques.

I know a lot of businesses have had pressure to create a diverse environment in the workplace. This was all about reducing discrimination. Which makes specifically not hiring white men kind of ironic.
They say don't discriminate by race, gender, etc...but they also say that you need
to hire more people of a particular race, gender, etc. It doesn't sound easy.

Wannabe Yogi

In the past there was laws in place to hire women and minorities. Most often this was done when an employer was shown to have a history of discrimination. This type of story always circulate around white folks. I can give you all kinds of statistics about race in America. White people have very little to complain about. A few years ago a survey was taken among human resource directors almost 50% said that they find whites to be more intelligent then blacks. Just think about how that affects black people. That being said,things are getting much better in this country.

I think that quotas don't work. And our government no longer pushes in them like they use to. The only quotas that I know of in use today favor the rich. If you are an Alumni of a good college your child needs a much lower GPA to get into it. This for the most part helps mostly white kids. Thats how our ex-president Bush got in to Yale with a c average.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Many things are said during campaigns, not because they're true, but because they're pleasurable.
Come to think of it....that's always true.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had heard that he had a C average too, but at Yale...not high school.
It seems that we usually don't run genius caliber prez candidates.....
Bush/Gore Grades and SAT Scores
Answers.com - What was George W Bush's gpa at Yale
Bush, Gore & Kerry all look like B- students.

Funny thing though....I can't find a single iota of info on Obama's grades for any of his schooling whatsoever.
Is he hiding something which might explain his difficulty without a teleprompter?

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

Wannabe Yogi

It seems like they, whoever they are, are always saying unsupportable things.
They tried to trick me into thinking Obama is brilliant too, but I wasn't born on that banana boat yesterday.

I do believe it's true about Carter. In the navy he was picked for nuclear submarine duty when they only picked the best. He Graduated high in his class at United States Naval Academy.Carter has been a prolific author wrote 21 books. Expert builder, Farmer and peace maker he is a real Renaissance man. I am not talking about his politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.