• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Can't Harris Answer A Question.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry. I'll go with drill baby drill. I will take Trump's expertise in economics over that silly little chart any day of the week.
Which only confirms my earlier claims that you have no understanding of the cost of oil. And Trump has no expertise in economics at all. He does not even know who pays tariffs. Or did you forget that fact? He wants to raise the price of most things that you buy by 20%.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Which only confirms my earlier claims that you have no understanding of the cost of oil. And Trump has no expertise in economics at all. He does not even know who pays tariffs. Or did you forget that fact? He wants to raise the price of most things that you buy by 20%.
That remains to be seen.

Twilight Hue

If Trump puts a 20% tariff on something you buy, what does it cost over what it cost without the tariff, this is not an imaginary question. Why? go back to 6th grade when you learned to do %s.
I also remember the prosperity when corporations stayed stateside and didn't go overseas. Tariffs also provide a nice incentive and benefit for corporations to stay domestic with made in USA as opposed to made in Communist China.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I also remember the prosperity when corporations stayed stateside and didn't go overseas. Tariffs also provide a nice incentive and benefit for corporations to stay domestic with made in USA as opposed to made in Communist China.
Even if it worked, and that is rather dubious, it would take over ten years to replace all of the infrastructure that we lost. And when we did have our own factories working again everything would still cost at least 20% more. Unless we could have almost totally robotized factories. The reason that so much stuff is made there is because labor is still far far cheaper there. Even a 20% bump would likely not be enough to make American products competitive.

Argentbear

Sure, it is a little cheaper, but you forgot the average 60 cents a gallon tax that is added for various reasons in the US.

Trump's idea of significantly lowering gas prices is a pipe dream .
View attachment 98930

Gasoline is a global product and if ours is even a few cents cheaper once you ship it to wherever, they will buy it, This is all controlled by the producers such as the Saudi's who subsidize their gasoline to keep their populace happy.
\
You don't "know" anything, the reason gas prices are what they are is because big business read Chevron, Exxon etc find that they are at a comfortable level for maximum profit for their shareholders.
Even Communists understand economics better than you do.
and Trump's tariff plan would push gas prices even higher

Twilight Hue

You have that backwards again. Tell me, which "airhead" totally screwed up on what tariffs are? Which one was such an idiot as to say that China would pay the tariffs on goods from China?

Not really. Tariffs make sense in preservation of American industry and the overall economy.

Nobody can still explain why other countries use tariffs themselves if they're so bad.

Pogo

That's not what Trump is saying and he's a degreed economist.
Are you somehow claiming that he is smarter than all the other degreed economists most higher degrees than his basic degree.

Bad news, this argument from authority fails not only from being an argument from authority but also it is considered fringe at best and destructive in the community of economists in general.
Trump has no evidence to back it up other than the parallel of the great depression when the US did similar things to Trump's proposal and others then implemented their own protectionist tariff.

Getting out in the sun is a good idea, but staying out till you get second degree burns does because sun is good is not intelligent.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It’s largely too late to rebuild manufacturing in the USA. It’s not cost effective to build new factories and find workers.

And Trumps tariffs could tank the economy which would be a terrible time for corporations to spend money.

The criminal candidate doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Better than the complete airhead the left wing is backing.
This isn’t an accurate statement.

Not really. Tariffs make sense in preservation of American industry and the overall economy.
Only when it is products made in America, like computer chips. What Trump will do is add cost to products not made in the USA.

Nobody can still explain why other countries use tariffs themselves if they're so bad.
It’s not tariffs as a policy. It’s how Trump intends to use them that’s the problem. You are avoiding this problem. There’s no defense.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Better than the complete airhead the left wing is backing.
Oopsy, you're projecting again.

The airhead is the fraudulent businessman with the orange makeup and huge combover who rambles on about Arnold Palmer's ding dong, people supposedly eating cats and dogs and injecting disinfectant into the body and how the sound of wind mills cause cancer.

Twilight Hue

Oopsy, you're projecting again.

The airhead is the fraudulent businessman with the orange makeup and huge combover who rambles on about Arnold Palmer's ding dong, people supposedly eating cats and dogs and injecting disinfectant into the body and how the sound of wind mills cause cancer.
Still better than the one who hasn't even a clue on policy and the ability to run a country much less articulate on the specifics.

You keep on focusing on a person's looks and nuances of character.

The rest will focus on actual real issues involving people's lives like the economy and immigration.

Pogo

Still better than the one who hasn't even a clue on policy and the ability to run a country much less articulate on the specifics.

The rest will focus on actual real issues involving people's lives like the economy and immigration.
The first of which he will wreck if he implements his ideas the second of which will get bogged down in the courts for being illegal all the while never actually addressing the system rationally.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's Trump. He almost drove the country into the ground the first time around.

Says the guy who keeps calling the woman in the race an 'airhead" and a "chameleon" because that's what Trump & Co. have been baselessly referring to her as. It's about as sexist as it gets. She's a woman so she must be an airhead. Never mind the guy calling her an airhead says the dumbest most airheadiest stuff any President has ever said. Hence the reason I gave examples and responded as I did. Notice how you just brushed them aside as though a person's character doesn't matter?

If you don't think character is important in a human being, I don't know what to tell you. Methinks you're only saying this because the guy you support a person with a terrible character who has spent his life defrauding and lying about other people.
Yeah, he's going to keep telling you that immigrants have murderer genes and are bringing diseases and bad genes into the country, a la Hitler.
Great candidate you've got there. Character shmaracter, right?