• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Can't Harris Answer A Question.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not so pathetic with your level of ignorance here. You need a strong country first to have a strong economy, and Trump has been saying all along it's energy energy energy. If you want prices and a cost of living under control, including the cost of childcare, you have to address the root causes.

Maybe you will grab the concept of that, maybe not, all depends on your bias.
Trump is demonstrably anti-energy.

Pogo

Trump is BASICALLY saying if you take care of the country first, child care costs will follow.

Notice how the Morons Are Going Ape**** crowd can NEVER explain what the Orange Clown says by actually QUOTING what the Orange Clown said? It's always... what he MEANT to say... or what he was TRYING to say... and of course BASICALLY what he was saying...

Truly pathetic.
Except that that is not an answer to the question, no reasonable improvement in the economy from it's already positive state is going to address the problems of finding and affording child care.

It is just another of his PollyAnna statements that even if vaguely true will never accomplish what is needed. Yes tariffs will bring some manufacturing back to the US, but at the expense of inflation and that will even be more exacerbated by the lack of workers to do this manufacturing due to his removing immigrants which are already a large part of our workforce and primary in lower wage jobs.

Pogo

We have a strong economy, one of the strongest in the world, we will maintain that position not by focusing on old school drivers such as energy intensive manufacturing, but by being leaders in reducing fossil fuel use. Further, fossil fuel production being a global market, an increase on our part will not have significant effects on that market or have you forgotten the ability of others to reduce their output to maintain their profitability.

Please stop being so absolutely parochial in your outlook.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you think so. Obviously you have no concept on the value of energy to this country either.
Oh no, I understand it far better than you do. You do not seem to understand that fossil fuels are grossly underpriced. And even with their underpricing they are not the most economic source of electricity that exists today. If we had to pay the true cost of fossil fuels they would double or triple in price.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh no, I understand it far better than you do. You do not seem to understand that fossil fuels are grossly underpriced. And even with their underpricing they are not the most economic source of electricity that exists today. If we had to pay the true cost of fossil fuels they would double or triple in price.
Well that's because the idiot left Wingers don't want domestic energy they want overseas energy and dependency on other countries that's why it's so freaking expensive alongside with the massive regulations and mandates associated with fuels drives the cost through the roof and I might add very intentionally too.

So I don't need all the b******* I know fuel is actually very very cheap.

You know how much the Saudis pay for their domestic fuel?

That's rounded up to the highest to a gallon equivalent which roughly comes out to $2.48 a gallon .

Pogo

Well that's because the idiot left Wingers don't want domestic energy they want overseas energy and dependency on other countries that's why it's so freaking expensive alongside with the massive regulations and mandates associated with fuels drives the cost through the roof and I might add very intentionally too.

That's rounded up to the highest to a gallon equivalent which roughly comes out to $2.48 a gallon .
Sure, it is a little cheaper, but you forgot the average 60 cents a gallon tax that is added for various reasons in the US.

Trump's idea of significantly lowering gas prices is a pipe dream .
1729551217366.jpeg

Gasoline is a global product and if ours is even a few cents cheaper once you ship it to wherever, they will buy it, This is all controlled by the producers such as the Saudi's who subsidize their gasoline to keep their populace happy.
\
You don't "know" anything, the reason gas prices are what they are is because big business read Chevron, Exxon etc find that they are at a comfortable level for maximum profit for their shareholders.
Even Communists understand economics better than you do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

So what? You have only confirmed that you do not understand the true cost of oil. And no, rational people want local energy. You just keep getting your sources wrong. Once again, fossil fuels are grossly underpriced.

Pogo

Some reality for you in terms of the cost of generation of energy in the future.
In other words, if we were to produce more coal and oil, what would be the relative price of the energy produced.
0*-w-SK4GH2GBnLOt1.png

Without any to much brains, you should be able to read this and understand that Drill baby drill is not the way to reduce the energy costs that we will pay. Source.

15 years ago, you might have had an argument, but technology has marched on such that even utilizing the gas from the Marcellus shale that might even underlie your house is still more expensive than a solar farm.
If you actually had the 7 square miles that it takes the average hunter gatherer as you wished you could be, it would be far more profitably used as a solar farm rather than sucking up all the water and injecting in for fracking till it was played out. LOL

Twilight Hue

Some reality for you in terms of the cost of generation of energy in the future.
In other words, if we were to produce more coal and oil, what would be the relative price of the energy produced.
0*-w-SK4GH2GBnLOt1.png

Without any to much brains, you should be able to read this and understand that Drill baby drill is not the way to reduce the energy costs that we will pay. Source.

15 years ago, you might have had an argument, but technology has marched on such that even utilizing the gas from the Marcellus shale that might even underlie your house is still more expensive than a solar farm.
If you actually had the 7 square miles that it takes the average hunter gatherer as you wished you could be, it would be far more profitably used as a solar farm rather than sucking up all the water and injecting in for fracking till it was played out. LOL
Sorry. I'll go with drill baby drill. I will take Trump's expertise in economics over that silly little chart any day of the week.

Twilight Hue

All I have to say is remember when your economic genius said he was going to bring back coal last time?
History says with 6 bankruptcies that he has trouble balancing a check-book.
The saying goes you break a few eggs before you make an omelette.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If one watched the interview with VP Harris and Fox News reporter Bret Baier interview ask youself if Harris is she able to answer a question. Can she?
If you missed the interview here is the link.
Politicians, especially those currently campaigning
are loath to answer questions directly. Harris, like
Trump, exception.
I've not heard any questions posted to Chase Oliver
(Libertarian). But if he wants to get votes from any
other than die hard Libertarians, he too must avoid
too much specificity, lest voters take offence.
So Harris's failure regarding this is a big juicy
nothingburger.

Last edited:

Pogo

The saying goes you break a few eggs before you make an omelette.
Teaching Donny to make his own breakfast even if it takes a dozen eggs is laudable, but putting his at the head of the table before he even master's that will make a dog's breakfast of everything.

Twilight Hue

Politicians, especially those currently campaigning
are loath to answer questions directly. Harris, like
Trump, exception.
I've not heard any questions posted to Chase Oliver
(Libertarian). But if he wants to get votes from any
other than die hard Libertarians, he too must avoid
too much specificity, lest voters take offence.
So Harris's failure regarding this is a big juicy
nothingburger.
Yeah the perfect case of the mentality that you have to elect a person first , to see what that person is all about.

Sounds familiar no?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah the perfect case of the mentality that you have to elect a person first , to see what that person is all about.

Sounds familiar no?
Yes, that's how it was with Trump, who
had no record in any public office.
Harris differs in having a record in the
Senate & as VP, although the latter is
rather powerless. In the former, she
was far left.