• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't I go to heaven?

look3467

Premium Member
It is my own expression....a blend of notions...
I suppose when you express a notion in a 'different' way...it's yours.
My perspective 'colors' the concept.

Job was a picture of Jesus.
Did not Satan offer Him the whole world?

The only thing that could possibly be regretful, and that was the day of His birth.
Born to take on the sins of the world, a load that no human being who ever lived could possibly do save God Himself.

I want you to read the following verse just about that day.
Now, keep in mind that there is a physical birth and a spiritual birth spoken about when speaking of Job and when speaking of Jesus.

The latter is the one spoken of Jesus (In the spiritual sense) in the physical story of Job:

Job 3:4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.
Job 3:5 Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
Job 3:6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

Is that not the same as "cursing the day I was born"?

Our salvation was born at the day the curse was lifted, thus that day was cursed and never again to be numbered with the days, months and years. A one time event for all time.

God in His wisdom willed it so!

Blessings, AJ

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Job was a picture of Jesus.
Did not Satan offer Him the whole world?

The only thing that could possibly be regretful, and that was the day of His birth.
Born to take on the sins of the world, a load that no human being who ever lived could possibly do save God Himself.

I want you to read the following verse just about that day.
Now, keep in mind that there is a physical birth and a spiritual birth spoken about when speaking of Job and when speaking of Jesus.

The latter is the one spoken of Jesus (In the spiritual sense) in the physical story of Job:

Job 3:4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.
Job 3:5 Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
Job 3:6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

Is that not the same as "cursing the day I was born"?

Our salvation was born at the day the curse was lifted, thus that day was cursed and never again to be numbered with the days, months and years. A one time event for all time.

God in His wisdom willed it so!

Blessings, AJ

This last post and several before it show you would defend you salvation rant at all cost....including coherency.

The book of Job has nothing to do with Jesus.

The life of Jesus could be relevant if you seek to follow His parables.

The life in heaven is given to those who belong there.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Again, why does every atheist I come upon assume that God only refers to the Abrahamic model? The divinity I believe in wouldn't punish anyone. If you were your true self, good and realised your potential, you go to eternal bliss. If you fail, you are reborn until you succeed. That simple. No one goes into eternal hell or anything like that.

look3467

Premium Member
This last post and several before it show you would defend you salvation rant at all cost....including coherency.

The book of Job has nothing to do with Jesus.

The life of Jesus could be relevant if you seek to follow His parables.

The life in heaven is given to those who belong there.

Au contraire, my friend.

The whole of the bible is geared to the first coming of Jesus.

You don't see God's works? When you study the bible, keep in mind the works of God and not so much the works of mankind.

In my creation (going back to Adam and Eve story) I was created an individual.

This individual has the God given ability to choose between heaven or hell, or in other words, good or evil.

That was not any of my doings, but God's.

Now, if in the process of making me such as like Himself (in the image of ) required that I become separated by means of individualism, as a separate entity apart from God, then I should very much be grateful.

Now I am! I am an individual entity of no fault of my own, yet able to continue to exist after this existence is over due to being saved from eternal loss due to my being created.

Had God not saved me, yes, I'd think I'd be someone very angry for placing me here unwillingly.

Did anybody ask you if you wanted to be born? Of course not. But your here!

You are, as "I am", a god, a leaser god with a name and character that from none existence to eternal existence, all without your help.

For my friend, it is all God's doing.

Be careful now, not to read into is of a no choice situation because we do have a choice in the matter.

The choice is to become born again into His kingdom via His Son.

To many before the Christ, that opportunity did not exist but God included all them in His salvation works.

So, God's works is key in understanding the salvation of mankind.

Job, is a type of Christ in picture form of what all Jesus had to suffer and endure.

I don't expect you to accept what I said, but I have presented it as a view that is consistent with the whole of the bible.

Jesus is the beginning of it all and therefore, the center of the whole.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus begun with the end of the old. Can you see that?

Jesus is the first of the new, and the last of the old. Can you see that?

The old was nailed to the cross, and the new begun with His resurrection.

So, if you can see it, eternal bliss/life begun at the cross, and the old birth (Adams way) is the last to die also at the cross.

I am without a shadow of a doubt that I am one of His.

Blessings, AJ

They wrote that they were not willing to relinquish free will after hearing that Heaven restricted free will to righteousness.

Who wrote? And did they actually say they were not willing to relinquish free will after hearing that Heaven restricted free will to righteousness, or did they only say they were not willing to relinquish free will? I can't help but think you're embellishing somewhat.

If one wishes to make choices other than righteous choices, what then are those choices?
That doesn't answer the question: On what grounds do you make that sort of accusation? Your original remark was: "Mostly the idea of being restricted to doing what is right didn't appeal to them"
. You're basically accusing them of saying they want to commit wrongs and I seriously doubt anyone specifically said that.

Yes, but that choice is not under the Lordship of Jesus ie Jesus would never order me to cease to have Him as Lord.
Of course he wouldn't but that is irrelevant. So, just to be clear, lordship or no lordship, orders or no orders, you do have the choice to take back control of your life, correct?

That is primarily true. Sometimes Jesus will allow me to try it on my own to see if I have learned anything. Also I believe He leaves a little sin in my life to remind me of my frailty.
Then you haven't accomplished anything and your righteousness is not your own.

Last edited:

abc123kid

From what I understand one must accept Jesus' lordship and divinity in order to be saved in most modern Protestant and Catholic traditions. I find the concept of God to be problematic and illogical. Therefore I am condemned to hell in these traditions.

Being sincere is not the way to have your sins forgiven. If it were, then Jesus didn't need to die on the cross. But He did die, so being sincere isn't good enough. Besides, if someone appeals to their own sincerity as a worthy effort before God, then they are appealing to their own character as a means to satisfy an infinite and holy God. But this is impossible. First, we can never satisfy an infinite and holy God based on our finite sin-stained efforts and second, making such an appeal is really an appeal to pride since it is an appeal to something good in ourselves. The problem is that we are all touched by sin. The Bible says, "no one does good," (Rom. 3:12).
Unfortunately, people erringly think that having a good and sincere heart is sufficient for them to escape God's judgment. But this is a misplaced appeal since it is based on feelings and not biblical revelation. Furthermore, someone can be sincere but be very wrong in what they believe. Since we are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1), we must believe in the true God since faith in something false is useless. It doesn't matter how sincere you are because sincere belief or faith in something false can't help you. People are sincerely wrong all the time. Does anyone expect God to overlook the necessity of the sacrifice of His Son based on someone saying on judgment day, "But God, I was sincere." No, it won't happen.

Again, why does every atheist I come upon assume that God only refers to the Abrahamic model?

This'd be due to the prevalence of Abrahamic religion in the population of almost everywhere (4/7 people on earth, approximately). Plus, most atheists grew up under an Abrahamic religion and/or culture, so it's the one we have most experience with. (In general, that is. This is certainly not always the case.)

The divinity I believe in wouldn't punish anyone. If you were your true self, good and realised your potential, you go to eternal bliss. If you fail, you are reborn until you succeed. That simple. No one goes into eternal hell or anything like that.

That sounds like a rather nice deity. :)

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I think I agreed with you earlier in this thread...about this point.

It's been written for centuries, a story about a fellow having gone to hell....
yet is close enough to an angel, to have face to face conversation.

The angel did reply...
'....there is a great divide between us....'

So yeah, we agree.
My reply was mainly to look; personally I do not believe in any spiritiual plain, however I was attempting to explain the conept (as I understand it) in a way that would addres his comments on no violence in heaven.

And the story of Job is an example not of God's generousity but in fickleness and callousness, when the game is finally called off and Job despairs God decides to compensate him yet berates the poor guy for daring to ask why he (a devout follower) was subjected to such torment

Last edited:

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Again, why does every atheist I come upon assume that God only refers to the Abrahamic model? The divinity I believe in wouldn't punish anyone. If you were your true self, good and realised your potential, you go to eternal bliss. If you fail, you are reborn until you succeed. That simple. No one goes into eternal hell or anything like that.

because God (with a capital G) is usually how Christians refer to their god. It's also the most well known type of god here in the west.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Au contraire, my friend.

The whole of the bible is geared to the first coming of Jesus.

I am without a shadow of a doubt that I am one of His.

Blessings, AJ

So...keeping to topic.....You ask what I can see?
You need to hit those parables a little harder.

Your entire previous post is a Christian rant.
Not that I mind.

Tying all things of scripture together and declaring salvation won't work.
It's not a matter of recital.

See the pending situation...brought forth of your own doing....
See if you can...'see this'.....

You lay down to surrender your last breath.... and then 'stand up'.
The angels will appear to 'see' what comes from the dust.

No doubt you will mention Someone's Name.
They will take you to Him.

He will look at you....I mean really look at you....and then ask the angels...
"What's this!"

"He used your Name as if it belonged to him.
We thought he was one of yours."

If He cannot 'see' His word...His parables... in your thoughts and feelings....
His reflection won't be there.

Still it's not a matter of recital. It's more to the means and method of thought and feeling that came, when the parables settled into you.
(parable of the 'sower of seeds')

You shall have your day of reckoning with your Lord.

"Many there are that do good things...even in my Name...
and I know them not."

Heaven is a choice made by those in heaven.
Their choice...not yours.
If you enter in...it's because you belong there.

look3467

Premium Member
So...keeping to topic.....You ask what I can see?
You need to hit those parables a little harder.

Your entire previous post is a Christian rant.
Not that I mind.

Tying all things of scripture together and declaring salvation won't work.
It's not a matter of recital.

See the pending situation...brought forth of your own doing....
See if you can...'see this'.....

You lay down to surrender your last breath.... and then 'stand up'.
The angels will appear to 'see' what comes from the dust.

No doubt you will mention Someone's Name.
They will take you to Him.

He will look at you....I mean really look at you....and then ask the angels...
"What's this!"

"He used your Name as if it belonged to him.
We thought he was one of yours."

If He cannot 'see' His word...His parables... in your thoughts and feelings....
His reflection won't be there.

Still it's not a matter of recital. It's more to the means and method of thought and feeling that came, when the parables settled into you.
(parable of the 'sower of seeds')

You shall have your day of reckoning with your Lord.

"Many there are that do good things...even in my Name...
and I know them not."

If you enter in...it's because you belong there.

Thanks for the advice.

Where you get your interpretation of the parables is beyond me. But let me say that as you said it does not even come close to the general theme of what the works of God are in the whole of the bible.

Parables are and were given for understanding only to those of God's choosing.

Mainly the point of them, was to define the difference between carnally minded and the spiritually minded. As stated: Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

In other words, seek God first: Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The parables main component is faith.

And....the fulfillment of prophecy in the mouth of Jesus: Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Mainly speaking about the lack of faith in Him and of the prophecy of His rejection.

That is consistent with the whole of the bible where as your version, well.....definitely not.

If you enter in...it's because you belong there

Partially right in the choice made in heaven, but not "by those", because the Lord God is one God, singular.
If I enter there, which by the way, it is documented that all should be saved, and of which you and I will be there.

The difference being is that one of us has already begun while the other well.....might have to wait to the rebirth of the soul. be it now or at departure time.

The bible has many twists and turns and hidden amongst them all are nuggets of truth.
Those God reveals according to His good pleasure on them whose hearts are searched out.

It is easy to get off track when one is raised in a Christian environment, especially those who just skim the word and may or may not go to church on Sundays.

Those are the ones who are tossed by ever wind and doctrine, not suitable for the kingdom of God, as is in the parable of the seeds.

You have to keep in mind who God is primarily dealing with here, definitely not the gentiles, but to His own.

Here is a quick scenario of events:
God selects a people to represent Him
God gives them a law to follow in the strictest sense and yet, not attainable.
God gives us history of His deliverance, time and time again, showing us our inabilities to sustain a sinless behavior due to our being in bonds to sin and death.
God then introduces the new man, the new creature who is an example of a sinless life, sinless behavior a victor over death and the liberator of all humanity.
God delivers via grace and not the law salvation unto all mankind.

Now, that is what is consistent through out the whole bible.

The problem? There are many places where one can become disoriented having not understanding to see the truth.
Not a new problem but of old.

I am privileged, honored to this day and time to have been given understanding to the works of God in relation to mankind.

I used to believe, as thought, that only the few believers were going to heaven while all else going to hell.

I refused to believe that so I pressed God on it and I believe He has delivered.

I have no qualms with how you choose to believe, for God knows your heart of which it is.
It is strictly between you and Him.

I was given instructions to love God and neighbor, and that is what I intend to do without judgment of soul.

Blessings, AJ

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thanks for the advice.

Where you get your interpretation of the parables is beyond me. But let me say that as you said it does not even come close to the general theme of what the works of God are in the whole of the bible.

Parables are and were given for understanding only to those of God's choosing.

Mainly the point of them, was to define the difference between carnally minded and the spiritually minded. As stated: Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

In other words, seek God first: Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The parables main component is faith.

And....the fulfillment of prophecy in the mouth of Jesus: Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Mainly speaking about the lack of faith in Him and of the prophecy of His rejection.

That is consistent with the whole of the bible where as your version, well.....definitely not.

Partially right in the choice made in heaven, but not "by those", because the Lord God is one God, singular.
If I enter there, which by the way, it is documented that all should be saved, and of which you and I will be there.

The difference being is that one of us has already begun while the other well.....might have to wait to the rebirth of the soul. be it now or at departure time.

The bible has many twists and turns and hidden amongst them all are nuggets of truth.
Those God reveals according to His good pleasure on them whose hearts are searched out.

It is easy to get off track when one is raised in a Christian environment, especially those who just skim the word and may or may not go to church on Sundays.

Those are the ones who are tossed by ever wind and doctrine, not suitable for the kingdom of God, as is in the parable of the seeds.

You have to keep in mind who God is primarily dealing with here, definitely not the gentiles, but to His own.

Here is a quick scenario of events:
God selects a people to represent Him
God gives them a law to follow in the strictest sense and yet, not attainable.
God gives us history of His deliverance, time and time again, showing us our inabilities to sustain a sinless behavior due to our being in bonds to sin and death.
God then introduces the new man, the new creature who is an example of a sinless life, sinless behavior a victor over death and the liberator of all humanity.
God delivers via grace and not the law salvation unto all mankind.

Now, that is what is consistent through out the whole bible.

The problem? There are many places where one can become disoriented having not understanding to see the truth.
Not a new problem but of old.

I am privileged, honored to this day and time to have been given understanding to the works of God in relation to mankind.

I used to believe, as thought, that only the few believers were going to heaven while all else going to hell.

I refused to believe that so I pressed God on it and I believe He has delivered.

I have no qualms with how you choose to believe, for God knows your heart of which it is.
It is strictly between you and Him.

I was given instructions to love God and neighbor, and that is what I intend to do without judgment of soul.

Blessings, AJ

The parables are not about faith.
The stories are aimed at mind and heart as ...discipline.

Recital is not truth.

You cannot press anything unto God.

Few find the way.

I think I said so, earlier in this thread.
There is report that a man...having gone to hell.... can be close enough to the angelic to have face to face conversation, and yet....
'There is a great divide between us.'

The 'real' problem....
Lumping all things into one salvation rant.

Walk among angels without a sword?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is report that a man...having gone to hell.... can be close enough to the angelic to have face to face conversation, and yet....

There is a report of a 'sinless man' having gone to hell at Acts 2 vs 27,31.

That 'sinless man' did not think he would be close enough to the angelic as to have a face-to-face conversation because that sinless man taught that the dead are in a sleeping state at John 11 vs 11-14 [that makes the 'biblical hell' [sheol] just the common grave of mankind]

King Solomon, known to be more than street wise but to have God-given wisdom, wrote that the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9 v 5.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is a report of a 'sinless man' having gone to hell at Acts 2 vs 27,31.

That 'sinless man' did not think he would be close enough to the angelic as to have a face-to-face conversation because that sinless man taught that the dead are in a sleeping state at John 11 vs 11-14 [that makes the 'biblical hell' [sheol] just the common grave of mankind]

King Solomon, known to be more than street wise but to have God-given wisdom, wrote that the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9 v 5.

To say 'the dead know nothing'...is not the same as to say...they are 'unaware'.

To say that dead men sleep....doesn't mean they lack dreams.

Thinking maybe you could be contained in a box?...in the ground?
A serious possibility.

You cannot flee your body now...even as you seem to be in control.
You say as you please...do as you please....
You have freewill....do you not?

Yet it should be obvious....you are not your own handiwork.
'You'...did not put....'you'....in that body.

Is it your will that will free you?
Or is it up to Someone Else, who walks away from the dust?
Who will follow the dust into the ground?

Hell is reported to be the grave.
Have you found an escape?

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
There is a report of a 'sinless man' having gone to hell at Acts 2 vs 27,31.>>>URAVIP2ME
Lets review what is being considered a report, and the scripture Act 2 verses 27 & 28 as follows: Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

A sinless man story? You bet your petunias on it.

Now, as Jesus is to fulfill every dot and tittle, fulfillment of what was prophesied of Him He fulfilled as He spoke, as that is found in the following chapter and verse: Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

From the very get go, as I have being saying all along, falling on deaf ears, is that God ordained it to be as Jesus lived the will of the Father.

As a prophecy, as a promise to Jesus, Jesus would not be left in hell, thou His sins be as a scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, for God the Father saw to it.

I keep saying that all that is in part the works of God and was carried out methodically to a T with Jesus faltering not one bit.

The plan of God was to sacrifice one soul verses the many for the salvation of the many.

The story of the Potter depicts that.

Note: Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Can you guess who the dishonored was?

Look: Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

The first vessel was marred in the creation process (Mankind) and again, of the same lump God recreates a new vessel of which there is no stain of sin as in the first.

The second vessel then is sacrificed, dashed, smashed as offered for a ransom of all the vessels.
Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Jesus is the rock.

Was Jesus broken? Psa 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
Psa 38:8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
Psa 69:20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

Remember the works of God in the writings inspired by God when applying chapter and verse interpretations.

Blessings, AJ

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Lets review what is being considered a report, and the scripture Act 2 verses 27 & 28 as follows: Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Now, as Jesus is to fulfill every dot and tittle, fulfillment of what was prophesied of Him He fulfilled as He spoke, as that is found in the following chapter and verse: Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

From the very get go, as I have being saying all along, falling on deaf ears, is that God ordained it to be as Jesus lived the will of the Father.

As a prophecy, as a promise to Jesus, Jesus would not be left in hell, thou His sins be as a scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, for God the Father saw to it.

I keep saying that all that is in part the works of God and was carried out methodically to a T with Jesus faltering not one bit.

The plan of God was to sacrifice one soul verses the many for the salvation of the many.

Note: Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Look: Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

The first vessel was marred in the creation process (Mankind) and again, of the same lump God recreates a new vessel of which there is no stain of sin as in the first.

The second vessel then is sacrificed, dashed, smashed as offered for a ransom of all the vessels.
Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Jesus is the rock.

Was Jesus broken? Psa 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
Psa 38:8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
Psa 69:20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

Remember the works of God in the writings inspired by God when applying chapter and verse interpretations.

Blessings, AJ

What you are doing here is like unto....
playing with a jigsaw puzzle...the pieces of which are interchangeable.

Put the picture painted unto the whole will not focus.

It's not about the Carpenter.

It's about you.

Going to heaven?....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus is the rock.
Blessings, AJ

Jeremiah is talking about the huge lump or nation of Israel as a big lump.

Jesus had no scarlet sins because Jesus was born with a sinless nature and remained sinless and died sinless and went to the Bible's hell the day he died.

The 'biblical hell' [sheol] that Jesus taught about was the common grave.
In the Pagan or non-biblical hell myth the dead are conscious.
The dead of the Bible are Not conscious according to Ecclesiastes 9 v 5.
That is why Jesus could liken death to deep REM sleep at John 11 vs 11-14

Why don't the dead praise God? Psalm 115 v17

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Jeremiah is talking about the huge lump or nation of Israel as a big lump.

Jesus had no scarlet sins because Jesus was born with a sinless nature and remained sinless and died sinless and went to the Bible's hell the day he died.

The 'biblical hell' [sheol] that Jesus taught about was the common grave.
In the Pagan or non-biblical hell myth the dead are conscious.
The dead of the Bible are Not conscious according to Ecclesiastes 9 v 5.
That is why Jesus could liken death to deep REM sleep at John 11 vs 11-14

Why don't the dead praise God? Psalm 115 v17

You skipped over something very important.
The Carpenter also referred to the living as dead......
"Let the dead bury the dead."

How can the man with shovel in hand be as dead as the man he buries?

It's not about the body.....

That the body fails and cannot awaken doesn't mean ...you lose your awareness.

Apparently you have not considered the day when your dreams come true.

Dead men sleep?...maybe.
Do they awaken for cause of a bad dream?.....no.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You skipped over something very important.
The Carpenter also referred to the living as dead......
"Let the dead bury the dead."
How can the man with shovel in hand be as dead as the man he buries?
It's not about the body.....
That the body fails and cannot awaken doesn't mean ...you lose your awareness.
Apparently you have not considered the day when your dreams come true.
Dead men sleep?...maybe.
Do they awaken for cause of a bad dream?.....no.

A deep dream-less sleep does not recall either good or bad dreams.
Who awakens from the dust of the earth [death's sleep] at Daniel 12 v 2 ?
'Awake and sing ye that dwell in the dust' -Isaiah 26v19
There will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. -Acts 24v15
The wicked perish and are destroyed forever.-Isaiah 26 vs 10,14; Psalm 92v7

The man's father of Matthew 8 vs 21,22; Luke 9 v 60 was not already dead.
If the father was dead, the man would already be at his father's funeral not talking to Jesus. The man was giving conditions to Jesus that first let his father live out his life, and then, the man would follow Jesus.

Since the 'dead know nothing' there is No awareness [Ecc. 9v5]
What happens to thoughts at death according to Psalm 146 v 4 B ?
If the dead were conscious they could praise God. -Psalm 115 v 17