• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
people should be real on a forums like this. more so than most other forums I would say, it's a serious thing here for many people. not like some forums for people who play video games or something. if they are a fraud, playing games or trying to spread negativity.
We’re anonymous people with fake names talking on the internet.
not everything scientists do works. some people will say something works not because it does, but because they want it to. not saying that's you, but then again maybe so.
The scientific method works. If a whole bunch of scientists do a whole bunch of different experiments that all yield the same results, then yeah, I’d say it’s pretty reliable that what they are saying is accurate. Wouldn’t you? I’m talking about the collective data produced from carrying out the scientific method rather than individual opinions of scientists.
I don't believe everything scientists say. but you can IF you want.
I do when the evidence supports it. As everyone should.
look up street smarts on the net.
No. I asked you what you think it is.
but for me it means people who go outside and live by doing errands, hanging out, driving, walking, taking a bus, bike, skateboard, whatever and see how all kinds of different people from all walks of life live and interact with each other on sidewalks, In parks, stores, restaurants, theaters, concerts, more so in the city, good areas and bad areas however you define them or see them. that's the basic jist of it.
That’s basically everyone.
“Street smarts” only get you so far. Eventually, you’re going to have to crack open a book or two.

If you want me to believe that your “street smarts” outweigh everything verifiable testing and demonstration can tell us, I’m gonna have to disagree. We know a helluva lot about human psychology that you’ll never be able to learn running errands and taking buses.

kloth

We’re anonymous people with fake names talking on the internet.

The scientific method works. If a whole bunch of scientists do a whole bunch of different experiments that all yield the same results, then yeah, I’d say it’s pretty reliable that what they are saying is accurate. Wouldn’t you? I’m talking about the collective data produced from carrying out the scientific method rather than individual opinions of scientists.

I do when the evidence supports it. As everyone should.

No. I asked you what you think it is.
That’s basically everyone.
“Street smarts” only get you so far. Eventually, you’re going to have to crack open a book or two.

If you want me to believe that your “street smarts” outweigh everything verifiable testing and demonstration can tell us, I’m gonna have to disagree. We know a helluva lot about human psychology that you’ll never be able to learn running errands and taking buses.

so what? doesn't mean you can not have real discussion. just because your identity is not known, because that part means nothing. how a person looks or how they were named doesn't make the persons mind and thoughts, opinions, etc.

believe scientists then if you want. whatever works for you.

then again, as far as i can see, we all get fooled at times. some people are better at fooling others than some people. and some minds are more easy than others.

and i answered you. but you shouldn't just go by my words, that's why i say you should look into it as well.

i get the feeling you have to disagree because you want to disagree. however, you
can not speak for everyone on the planet. there are billions of people you have net met and know nothing on how they live. some people spend a life time living in the middle of nowhere, some live very sheltered secluded lives for all kinds of reasons. yet, they have access to the internet at least. it happens, even if you want to assume eveyone must be like you and has lived a life like yours, or is effected the same as you by certain similar expereiences as you. remember, i said IF.
some people just have lived yet as well due to being too young.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
so what? doesn't mean you can not have real discussion. just because your identity is not known, because that part means nothing. how a person looks or how they were named doesn't make the persons mind and thoughts, opinions, etc.
Who said it didn’t? You’re the one making a big deal out of the guy’s avatar.
believe scientists then if you want. whatever works for you.
Again, I’m not believing scientists. I’m following what the evidence demonstrates. I thought I had explained that pretty thoroughly.
then again, as far as i can see, we all get fooled at times. some people are better at fooling others than some people. and some minds are more easy than others.
Sure, that happens all the time. “Street smarts” could fool a person quite easily as well. Anecdotal evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If all the evidence demonstrates the same thing though, and leads to the same conclusion, it’s pretty safe to say we’re on the right track.
and i answered you. but you shouldn't just go by my words, that's why i say you should look into it as well.
Should we rely more heavily on “street smarts” or empirical scientific evidence?
i get the feeling you have to disagree because you want to disagree. however,
And I get the feeling that you’re in over your head on the topic of discussion. A topic you have apparently stopped pontificating on.
you can not speak for everyone on the planet. there are billions of people you have net met and know nothing on how they live. some people spend a life time living in the middle of nowhere, some live very sheltered secluded lives for all kinds of reasons. yet, they have access to the internet at least. it happens, even if you want to assume eveyone must be like you and has lived a life like yours, or is effected the same as you by certain similar expereiences as you. remember, i said IF.
some people just have lived yet as well due to being too young.
What are you talking about and what does this have to do with anything?

kloth

Who said it didn’t? You’re the one making a big deal out of the guy’s avatar.

Again, I’m not believing scientists. I’m following what the evidence demonstrates. I thought I had explained that pretty thoroughly.

Sure, that happens all the time. “Street smarts” could fool a person quite easily as well. Anecdotal evidence isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If all the evidence demonstrates the same thing though, and leads to the same conclusion, it’s pretty safe to say we’re on the right track.

Should we rely more heavily on “street smarts” or empirical scientific evidence?

And I get the feeling that you’re in over your head on the topic of discussion. A topic you have apparently stopped pontificating on.

What are you talking about and what does this have to do with anything?

you mentioned because we are all anonymous, that's why I mention that. I wouldn't over think too much about someone else's discussion who is a stranger to you. unless you are the same person. :shrug:

that evidence to me doesn't have much merit. seeing is believing, more so seeing it in person is what I mean. I am not an easy person to convince, I take most things in stride with people and what they say.

streets vary greatly on this planet.

take your evidence for what its worth to you.

like I said. street and book smarts are both needed.

I am not over my head, as far as I can see for now. maybe that may change later.
who knows?

just what I said, for the last part.