• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Total non-answer. Of course, as others have pointed out, you hardly could have answered the question directly, since that would've required either conceding that your position is just mistaken (that people do not choose their sexual orientation), or simply lying.

In that sense, your evasion speaks volumes.
I understand that the question had no answer but the one I gave. You fail to understand this.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I believe god may have created homosexuality to give right-wing religious americans something to complain about.

kloth

Kloth, I think you need to read up on some human psychology. You seem pretty lost with this subject matter.

We used to play kissing tag in the first grade. Everybody kissed everybody else and nobody thought anything of it. Were we ALL acting out against some kind of abuse?

well, I respect your opinion on me being lost on the matter, because I don't feel as though I am an expert from my analogy on this subject. however, I don't feel as you know any more on the subject than I do, other than believing what you want due to personal reasons. also, reading isn't believing to me, seeing is believing to me. I don't believe everything I read by any means.

kissing game in 3rd grade? I find that very unlikely that straight boys that age are going to play a kissing game with other boys. not because they are homophobic, but because it's not their nature to play that game with other boys. I never heard of just a bunch of boys playing that game without any girls around. other people might believe that here (or want to) but I don't. boys don't like getting kissed by anyone at that age, let alone boys.

kloth

He's lost in general, saying some extremely ignorant things. Now he's talking about avatars? He makes no sense.
you defended your avatar, now you have changed it sense I exposed you counterdicting yourself. and you brought it up yet again to someone else who didn't ask you about it. I know you will reply back to me or someone else to defend your ego because for some people their ego is their god. watch.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
you defended your avatar, now you have changed it sense I exposed you counterdicting yourself. and you brought it up yet again to someone else who didn't ask you about it. I know you will reply back to me or someone else to defend your ego because for some people their ego is their god. watch.

What the hell are you talking about? You brought up my avatar as if it mattered to this conversation. It doesn't. I'm a Satanist, if you bothered to read my religious title. I don't need to explain myself to you.

Now, get back on topic.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

He changed it from one satanic image to another satanic image... Oooooh, such a change!:sarcastic :facepalm:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
well, I respect your opinion on me being lost on the matter, because I don't feel as though I am an expert from my analogy on this subject. however, I don't feel as you know any more on the subject than I do, other than believing what you want due to personal reasons. also, reading isn't believing to me, seeing is believing to me. I don't believe everything I read by any means.
Well, the beautiful thing about science is that scientists don't just tell you something and expect you to believe it. They actually show their work. So when you pick up textbook, you can be sure the work has been done. Notice when you're reading a textbook that there are citations in brackets all over the place? Those are references to scientific studies that have been done on the subject. You don't have to take anyone's word for it or rely on your limited experiences with other people.

I studied psychology in school, extensively. I think everyone should be required to do so, so that they can be well informed when they talk about things involving human nature and the human condition.

You are the one believing based on personal reasons, my friend.
kissing game in 3rd grade? I find that very unlikely that straight boys that age are going to play a kissing game with other boys. not because they are homophobic, but because it's not their nature to play that game with other boys. I never heard of just a bunch of boys playing that game without any girls around. other people might believe that here (or want to) but I don't. boys don't like getting kissed by anyone at that age, let alone boys.
We played the kissing game in FIRST grade. I don't care if you find it unlikely or think I'm lying or whatever it is you're saying here - I can assure you we played it. Males and females played together and we had lots of fun. (I'm a female, by the way.) Kids aren't all hung up on this crap like adults are.

kloth

What the hell are you talking about? You brought up my avatar as if it mattered to this conversation. It doesn't. I'm a Satanist, if you bothered to read my religious title. I don't need to explain myself to you.

Now, get back on topic.
you did clearly state/say your satanic image at first meant nothing. I did bring it up, I am not denying that, but for good reason. I never said you needed to explain yourself to me, but thanks for doing so. and great user name by the way.
:shrug:

He changed it from one satanic image to another satanic image... Oooooh, such a change!:sarcastic :facepalm:
well, no, he went from satanic image to deviled ham image. :drool:

Well, the beautiful thing about science is that scientists don't just tell you something and expect you to believe it. They actually show their work. So when you pick up textbook, you can be sure the work has been done. Notice when you're reading a textbook that there are citations in brackets all over the place? Those are references to scientific studies that have been done on the subject. You don't have to take anyone's word for it or rely on your limited experiences with other people.

I studied psychology in school, extensively. I think everyone should be required to do so, so that they can be well informed when they talk about things involving human nature and the human condition.

You are the one believing based on personal reasons, my friend.

We played the kissing game in FIRST grade. I don't care if you find it unlikely or think I'm lying or whatever it is you're saying here - I can assure you we played it. Males and females played together and we had lots of fun. (I'm a female, by the way.) Kids aren't all hung up on this crap like adults are.
scientists are like politicians to me. they are geniuses that know exactly how to spoon feed the masses just right.

people should take psychology in school. but book smarts are not worth much without some street smarts as well to me.

well if you are a girl who kissed boys then in the 1st grade, then I believe you. it happens, maybe not much but if the girl is very pretty and willing.

Last edited:

FranklinMichaelV.3

you did clearly state/say your satanic image at first meant nothing. I did bring it up, I am not denying that, but for good reason. I never said you needed to explain yourself to me, but thanks for doing so. and great user name by the way.

scientists are like politicians to me. they are geniuses that know exactly how to spoon feed the masses just right.

people should take psychology in school. but book smarts are not worth much without some street smarts as well to me.

well if you are a girl who kissed boys then in the 1st grade, then I believe you. it happens, maybe not much but if the girl is very pretty and willing.

"Steet smarts" smh that gets way to much credit, I grew up around the streets there is nothing pleasant about "street smarts"

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Are you sure you're "agnostic?" This sounds like something a fundie would say.

arcanum

We cannot choose what or who we're attracted to. You can ignore it all you want, but that will cause it to fester and turn into a neurosis that will manifest itself malignantly. Repression is not healthy.
Yes lord Frankenstein, and as you've probably already deduced, has there ever been a more repressive religion on the planet than that begotten by the Abrahamic faiths?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Why do you care so much?
I'm talking about the scientific method, which produces empirical data. It's the most consistently reliable method we have for discerning fact from fiction that we've ever discovered. In other words, it works.

Spoonfeeding the masses? Scientists simply do science and then report on their findings. The results of those findings is called evidence and if it’s stacked up against your opinion, then I'm sorry, but your opinion is incorrect.
What are street smarts, exactly?

I’m not so sure it’s helped you with much, at least in regards to this particular discussion.
What?

It was a game we all played together.

kloth

"Steet smarts" smh that gets way to much credit, I grew up around the streets there is nothing pleasant about "street smarts"
what does smh mean again?
I never said the streets were pleasant. but they can teach you about how people are, learning that In person is more creditable than trying to learn that from books alone.

Are you sure you're "agnostic?" This sounds like something a fundie would say.
despite me not being religious. that doesn't mean I don't agree with some different religions practices, and least to a realistic everyday life way...just not the hocus pocus part really.
would it make sense that a fundamentalist would be hiding? at least a sincere one? on a forums where there is no need to?

Why do you care so much?

I'm talking about the scientific method, which produces empirical data. It's the most consistently reliable method we have for discerning fact from fiction that we've ever discovered. In other words, it works.

Spoonfeeding the masses? Scientists simply do science and then report on their findings. The results of those findings is called evidence and if it’s stacked up against your opinion, then I'm sorry, but your opinion is incorrect.

What are street smarts, exactly?

I’m not so sure it’s helped you with much, at least in regards to this particular discussion.

What?

It was a game we all played together.
people should be real on a forums like this. more so than most other forums I would say, it's a serious thing here for many people. not like some forums for people who play video games or something. if they are a fraud, playing games or trying to spread negativity.

not everything scientists do works. some people will say something works not because it does, but because they want it to. not saying that's you, but then again maybe so.

I don't believe everything scientists say. but you can IF you want.

look up street smarts on the net. but for me it means people who go outside and live by doing errands, hanging out, driving, walking, taking a bus, bike, skateboard, whatever and see how all kinds of different people from all walks of life live and interact with each other on sidewalks, In parks, stores, restaurants, theaters, concerts, more so in the city, good areas and bad areas however you define them or see them. that's the basic jist of it.