• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

idav

Being
Premium Member
but let's say you weren't for sure. what does that mean? you're bi by nature?
some people develop sex fetishes that can go into perversion mode. like with rapists, child molesters, people into animals, sex with extreme violence or food, etc. are they born that way? I doubt it. but how many people like that will admit they are like this because of the hands and actions of others who abused them?
not that I am trying to bring you down. hopefully I can make things better if you are in denial, and need some words that might enlighten you. perhaps mine or some of mine.
Thing wrong with this is nature determines what we are attracted to. Wouldn't you agree that nature makes males attracted to females and vice versa? The problem lies in the difference between individuals, a lot of people can be biologically more feminine or masculine and it definitively affects their sexual orientation. I agree with your point about fetishes developing but the gender issue is more complex than that especially with transgender who were definitely created that way by nature.

kloth

Thing wrong with this is nature determines what we are attracted to. Wouldn't you agree that nature makes males attracted to females and vice versa? The problem lies in the difference between individuals, a lot of people can be biologically more feminine or masculine and it definitively affects their sexual orientation. I agree with your point about fetishes developing but the gender issue is more complex than that especially with transgender who were definitely created that way by nature.
nature does have a say of what we are attracted to, to an extent. but fetishes also develop. as far as individual people? how we get through life also add to ones character, body language, how they dress and what things they are into.

There's absolutely no credible reason to suppose that homosexuality has anything to do with abuse. This is simply an insidious and inflammatory suggestion with no real merit whatsoever. Even if it was plausible with respect to humans (it is not), it clearly would not explain the (widespread) homosexuality in non-human species. Or are gay animals gay because they were abused as children?

Here's a more plausible suggestion: homophobia and opposition to homosexuality is generally a result of brain damage. This strikes me as eminently plausible, and is likely supported by some empirical evidence, as the majority of folks who espouse anti-gay nonsense are of diminished cognitive capacities. :shrug:
to say abuse doesn't effect kids is unrealistic or irresponsible to me. whether it's physical, mental, sexual or all of the above.

Are you implying that homosexuals and bisexuals are just as disgusting as pedophiles, rapists, and those who participate in bestiality? If so... first of all, how dare you group us in the same category as them! None of those forms of sex are between consenting adults, unlike homosexuality and bisexuality. That's what makes them wrong. Second of all I also don't appreciate that you assume that we were all abused as children. You don't know my family life, and you don't know the family life of anyone else on this website, so stop pretending you do! Okay, rant over.
there's no implications on my behalf. nobody implies, they just say it, no need to hold back on a forums.

My avatar has nothing to do with anything. You can't back up anything you say. All major medical, psychological and psychiatric organizations refuse your stupid and outdated theory. It's been thrown in the rubbish bin.
then why have that avatar. why not pick one that is not satanic oriented that also means nothing to you. don't answer, I know you won't. it's for shock value i assume. just like your initial reply. whats the point of being on a forums if you are not gonna communicate what you say. might as well have your own forums where only you are on there. anyway....

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
then why have that avatar. why not pick one that is not satanic oriented that also means nothing to you. don't answer, I know you won't. it's for shock value i assume. just like your initial reply. whats the point of being on a forums if you are not gonna communicate what you say. might as well have your own forums where only you are on there. anyway....

Are you obtuse or trying to get on my nerves? I'm a Satanist. The goat and the point down Pentagram are religious symbols for Satanism and have great meaning for me. Duh. Get a clue.

kloth

There's a lot of assumptions going on here.

1) I'm bi. I was abused as a child. I'm also a survivor of rape as an adult. But I was also attracted to both genders by the time I was 4 years old and was verbalizing it to my family. They thought my overt romantic attraction to Harrison Ford was cute, but they didn't know what to do with my overt romantic attraction to a beauty pageant contestant from Brazil.

2) I didn't know bisexuality existed until I was well into my teens, when I heard that David Bowie was bisexual...and suddenly it all made sense. Before, I just thought I was sick, and a monster, and prayed and prayed to make me better. After I heard about bisexuality, I knew this is how I'm wired. I stopped thinking I was just sick, but then became even tougher on myself to stay in the closet while thinking I was an abomination.

3) I once equated myself with criminals because my faith at the time would have the rhetoric that compared my orientation with pedophiles. I also felt hopeless praying for years to help me be cured of being attracted to other women. At that point I was ready to put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. The self-loathing was overwhelming.

4) Once I decided to accept my orientation and to distance myself from the kind of rhetoric from the faith of my younger adulthood....the kind of rhetoric your post includes...the self-loathing disappeared. It was a world of difference for me, where I could finally begin to love others, since I was finding honesty in myself that offered more in relationships. It was the beginning of a much more humane existence for me.Finally, your post doesn't affect me personally, since it's been over 20 years since I decided to accept my orientation and live in peace with myself. But I suggest to you that what you say - as evidenced by T_L - impacts other queers immensely with the insinuation that queers are predatory monsters.

You'll be much more effective in explaining your view if you tried a different tactic. At the moment, misrepresenting GLBTQs blatantly like this is trolling.

assumptions? unless someone is a scientist or maybe a doctor, they might have more insight. as far as I recall, I didn't state anything about this to say it's fact.
I don't see how a four year old can have any indication they are gay or bi, even straight ones don't know their sexuality like from what I have seen.

i'm a little curious how someone can make it to their teens without knowing what bi sexuality is, being that sex is one of the main topics on the school yard, used to insult or praise each other, if you knew of david bowie then I your life can't be too sheltered if that be the case.

it doesn't matter how one explains themselves, unless you are telling people what they wanna hear no matter what, then they will call you a troll no matter how respectful and intellect you come at people with in a conversation.

thanks for the feed back, Stanger. this gay topic is an undying one because people are hung up on sex big-time, not just with gay and bi topics but so long as it's sex, people will go crazy. which starts people in with denial or acting like they are an expert on the topic at hand, being a hot topic. reality is how many gays or bi are going to admit their sexual orientation is not natural, and was caused by abuse? all of them? people want answers, some want all the answers or they want more than most. that's why people go on forums to a degree, to learn or teach.
if adults sexuality is being effected from child hood sexual abuse, then that might change when society isn't so sexually repressed. sex is considered a shameful thing in the u.s., so if a kid is sexually abused, are they gonna admit it? especially being a male where machism is golden rule.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
i'm a little curious how someone can make it to their teens without knowing what bi sexuality is, being that sex is one of the main topics on the school yard, used to insult or praise each other

I knew that I liked both boys and girls by the time I was in third grade. I just didn't call it "bisexual." I didn't call it anything... It was a total non-issue to me. I just knew that I liked girls, and that I also like boys. I am also curious to know what exactly is "disgusting" about two adults of the same gender being attracted to each other as opposed to two people of the opposite gender being attracted to each other?

kloth

I knew that I liked both boys and girls by the time I was in third grade. I just didn't call it "bisexual." I didn't call it anything... It was a total non-issue to me. I just knew that I liked girls, and that I also like boys. I am also curious to know what exactly is "disgusting" about two adults of the same gender being attracted to each other as opposed to two people of the opposite gender being attracted to each other?
I don't recall using the word disgusting, myself.
I am simply adding on to this thread for the sake of understanding. would it be wise for people just to assume things about themselves without thought? of course not.

what do you mean by you liked boys and girls? I ask because you didn't use the word attraction. I liked boys and girls in the 3rd grade as well, but for different reasons between the two.
what exactly did you want to do with these boys and girls from your day? because from what I remember from that age, there was no talk of sex or even kissing or holding hands then.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I don't recall using the word disgusting, myself.
I am simply adding on to this thread for the sake of understanding. would it be wise for people just to assume things about themselves without thought? of course not.

what do you mean by you liked boys and girls? I ask because you didn't use the word attraction. I liked boys and girls in the 3rd grade as well, but for different reasons between the two.
what exactly did you want to do with these boys and girls from your day? because from what I remember from that age, there was no talk of sex or even kissing or holding hands then.

Ummm... you literally compared us to pedophiles, rapists, and people who practice bestiality, so that certainly says a lot about what you think.

Maybe you didn't, but I kissed my first girl and my first boy both in the third-grade.

kloth

Ummm... you literally compared us to pedophiles, rapists, and people who practice bestiality, so that certainly says a lot about what you think.

Maybe you didn't, but I kissed my first girl and my first boy both in the third-grade.
when did I literally compare you to pedophiles, rapists, and people who practice bestiality? because for the record, straights can turn into those 3 things as well if they let the sexuality run wild and lose after time. it's a form of sex addiction I believe. not necessarily saying being gay or bi are forms of sex addiction, but I do notice gay men and women constantly talk about sex, whether it's a joke or they are acting like they are severely depraved when they come across someone they are attracted to, they get very happy and hyper around someone like that, even if that person is not interested and makes it clear. seems like some emotional problems or something.

I'm wondering what year (or decade) were you this age and kissed a boy. never heard of that from boys in the 3rd grade. If that's the case, do you ever wonder if maybe both of you had some kind of subconscious effect going on from abuse? the mind can be a very tricky thing I think.

Are you obtuse or trying to get on my nerves? I'm a Satanist. The goat and the point down Pentagram are religious symbols for Satanism and have great meaning for me. Duh. Get a clue.

here's what you said about your avatar before you made this reply. "My avatar has nothing to do with anything." now you are either very confused or are playing games. now you're a Satanist? and explaining what that satanic symbol means on these forums and in this day in age, is like explaining what water feels like....wet.
but getting back to topic. there is no scientific proof that people are born gay or bi.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
We used to play kissing tag in the first grade. Everybody kissed everybody else and nobody thought anything of it. Were we ALL acting out against some kind of abuse?

Opening post stated;
This is easily equated to god punishing people for being of a certain ethnicity. It seems illogical that a god would punish his own creation for his own design.

Yet it would be logical for a ethnicity to be the chosen ones of a diety of their design.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Hi, I'm a pansexual with my MA in Counseling and a specialization/interest in non-traditional relationships.

Non-heterosexuals are not "more depraved", not more likely to be abused, not more obsessed with sex, not more prone to fetishes, and are generally as functional, healthy, and happy as others EXCEPT for problems caused by issues of prejudice and how they're treated by others. That's the current research, and anything else as far as "beliefs" is based on nothing more than imagination.

What does "Depraved" even mean in this context? They're willing to have more sex? They're willing to talk about the sex they're having? They're having kinkier sex?
It's a value judgement and frankly it's insulting.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
That's probably why you're not understanding the point of the questions. How to be heterosexual doesn't fit the experiences and the evidence that supports the argument of the lack of choice for orientation.
I understood this. The question was baiting. Also no one disproved that my answer was how I "chose" to be heterosexual.