• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Tim Kaine call for gun control after the Ohio State rampage

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hadn't noticed.

As for the wedding thing, it was a wiki-leak email. Who the hell knows if it is true. I haven't seen any sort of corroboration. If I were a betting man I would say it's BS.
They haven't denied the cromulence of any wikileaks documents yet.
Could very well be legit.

habiru

One use of a gun by a police officer that stopped a mad man who drove into a crowd the day after Thanksgiving who leaped out of a car and stabbed 15 people. and lunged toward the officer to stab him.

Reasonable? or not so much?

Was he thinking the officer should have concealed the man more
then they should put a ban on vehicles and kitchen knives.

Underhill

They haven't denied the cromulence of any wikileaks documents yet.
Could very well be legit.

Could be. The problem with debating the virility of the leaks is the same as the email scandal. You can deny all you want, but if I were trying to destroy the Clintons I would release a mixture of true and false stuff. Trying to deny only the false bits doesn't get you anywhere and you can't deny the whole thing because it will certainly then come out that some of it was true.

Clinton came out and said there was nothing classified and the 2 or 3 documents classified after the fact were enough to label her a liar in every kitchen in America. Why would this be any different?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Could be. The problem with debating the virility of the leaks is the same as the email scandal. You can deny all you want, but if I were trying to destroy the Clintons I would release a mixture of true and false stuff. Trying to deny only the false bits doesn't get you anywhere and you can't deny the whole thing because it will certainly then come out that some of it was true.
Or what seems most likely is that Wikileaks releases are all actual emails.
There's nothing to object to without lying in a way which would get her caught.
Clinton came out and said there was nothing classified and the 2 or 3 documents classified after the fact were enough to label her a liar in every kitchen in America. Why would this be any different?
The fact that she had many classified documents which weren't marked as such is really a red herring.
When material is obviously this sensitive, & it's handled carelessly (per the FBI), this points to extreme incompetence.
Ref...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy
When I worked on the F-18 program, none of the drawings I saw were marked classified.
But I knew better than to handle them improperly. Everyone knew this.
The internet age does impose new risks, but still....no common sense?

Underhill

Or what seems most likely is that Wikileaks releases are all actual emails.
There's nothing to object to without lying in a way which would get her caught.

Right, because obviously Wikileaks didn't have an axe to grind. *rolls eyes

The fact that she had many classified documents which weren't marked as such is really a red herring.
When material is obviously this sensitive, & it's handled carelessly (per the FBI), this points to extreme incompetence.
Ref...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy
When I worked on the F-18 program, none of the drawings I saw were marked classified.
But I knew better than to handle them improperly. Everyone knew this.
The internet age does impose new risks, but still....no common sense?

Okay, but the point is still simple. There were 3 that were later qualified as classified out of tens of thousands of emails. This was not something where she routinely handled them inappropriately. It's more like a few slipped through.

You are assuming guilt.

So let's see if we can strike the trifecta. What do you think about the whole Comey thing? I find it interesting that he would talk to congress, in front of the cameras of course, about a non investigation of Clinton, while failing to even mention the investigation of Trumps involvement with the Russians. Even if there was nothing to it, just the fact that they made an issue of Clinton non investigations related to Weiner while failing to mention how Trump was being investigated is blatantly partisan and probably even illegal for a federal agency.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right, because obviously Wikileaks didn't have an axe to grind. *rolls eyes
What source doesn't have an agenda?
Not one.
But with none of the released eamils debunked, they have a much better
record than vaunted leftish sources like Wash Po, NYT, Slate, NPR, etc.
Okay, but the point is still simple. There were 3 that were later qualified as classified out of tens of thousands of emails. This was not something where she routinely handled them inappropriately. It's more like a few slipped through.
You are assuming guilt.
"Guilt" would be for courts of law.
But I may judge obscene incompetence.
So let's see if we can strike the trifecta. What do you think about the whole Comey thing? I find it interesting that he would talk to congress, in front of the cameras of course, about a non investigation of Clinton, while failing to even mention the investigation of Trumps involvement with the Russians. Even if there was nothing to it, just the fact that they made an issue of Clinton non investigations related to Weiner while failing to mention how Trump was being investigated is blatantly partisan and probably even illegal for a federal agency.
Comey hasn't told me the reasons for his antics.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
And if you knew anything about Kaine, then you should well know that he's far from being a "fool". Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a "fool".
I didn't say he was a fool, I said i'm no fool, and I know well enough what his motives are.

Parchment

I can also imagine what would happen if 20 students and facility are also packing, and start blazing away at the knife weilder. How many people die in that scenario?

Only one if they are good shots and exercise the necessary personal responsibility such a potentially dangerous tool demands, same goes with knives and cars.
136.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I didn't say he was a fool, I said i'm no fool, and I know well enough what his motives are.
OK, so what are his supposed "motives"? Have you ever listened to his positions and reasoning on the issues of the 2nd Amendment and also gun control?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right, and that has stopped you from judging behavior since when exactly?
Comey isn't responsible for Hillary's behavior, which is readily available for judgement.
I don't know how to judge Comey, except to say that he appears inconsistent.
And even this could be due to pressure from above.
Should we not judge our fellow man (or woman or other)?
(Remember that I'm not a Xian, so I have no restrictions.)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
OK, so what are his supposed "motives"? Have you ever listened to his positions and reasoning on the issues of the 2nd Amendment and also gun control?

Selling the UN small arms treaty, and pleasing the Vatican, since the pope sits in his dark corner of the Vatican writing his policies for the world. And the libs lap up the twisted reasoning for some reason..

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Selling the UN small arms treaty, and pleasing the Vatican, since the pope sits in his dark corner of the Vatican writing his policies for the world. And the libs lap up the twisted reasoning for some reason..
Conspiracy theories much.

I've read and heard enough from and about him to realize that he's a deeply religious man who supports the 2nd Amendment and also the right for people to defend themselves, but maybe that's not enough to impress you.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Conspiracy theories much.

I've read and heard enough from and about him to realize that he's a deeply religious man who supports the 2nd Amendment and also the right for people to defend themselves, but maybe that's not enough to impress you.

Ah you're one of those...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Aye, since a gun wielding guy saved the day.
A "gun wielding guy" saved the day, but had the perp had a gun it's extremely at least a few would have been killed.
And just think. If we had fewer guns, rather than more and more and more, we'd have more attacks like this. Crazy people will still attack, but using a gun is one of the easier ways to kill someone.