• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't the Universe Always Exist?

Pogo

He answered me, and equated with what I called nothing, "non matter"/Energy. And you followed suit.
@Subduction Zone asked you a question that you didn't answer, you have agreed that matter/mass and energy are interconvertible, but the question was what is the total energy in the Universe before some of it became matter.
Be careful this may not be a common sense answer and may require an understanding of physics.
Good Luck

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok gnostic, here is the original post where SZ responds to me. Note that I said the physicists need to prove that mass can come into existence from nothing, to which he replies that I am wrong, matter can arise from non-matter. He does not understand that nothing is not the same thing as non-matter. And if you think the same as him, you too need to understand that nothing means non-existing.

No, you are quite wrong in that claim. Matter can be converted to energy and back so matter can clearly arise from non-matter. That was shown by Einstein's Special Relativity. So the big question is how much energy is there in the universe. Some physicists will point out that energy is just bookkeeping and scientists have measured the total energy of the universe. Would you like to guess what that value is?
And why didn't you either try to answer that question or admit that you have no clue?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
@Subduction Zone asked you a question that you didn't answer, you have agreed that matter/mass and energy are interconvertible, but the question was what is the total energy in the Universe before some of it became matter.
Be careful this may not be a common sense answer and may require an understanding of physics.
Good Luck
Band wagon!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Actually it is the train that has been driving human progress since we harnessed fire and your philosophical maunderings are the tumbleweeds that scare the drivers into slowing down until they realize how inconsequential they are.
Ad hominem!

Creation has to have knowledge, nothing creates it's self. Everything you see has a creator. The knowledge of creating the earth is God. Then man took Gods creation and created from that. Such as Electric, It started with man studying lightening and capturing it and turning it into electric. The Air Plane , Man studied the Bird that God created how it flew and landed. Then man created the airplane that takes of and lands like the bird does. Then man took trees and created houses, furniture and paper with it. Those who do not believe in God I feel sorry for them on judgement day.

Esteban X

Creation has to have knowledge, nothing creates it's self. Everything you see has a creator. The knowledge of creating the earth is God. Then man took Gods creation and created from that. Such as Electric, It started with man studying lightening and capturing it and turning it into electric. The Air Plane , Man studied the Bird that God created how it flew and landed. Then man created the airplane that takes of and lands like the bird does. Then man took trees and created houses, furniture and paper with it. Those who do not believe in God I feel sorry for them on judgement day.
So who/what created God?
As far as can be ascertained the universe was "created" by purely natural forces, no intelligence or knowledge required, just stuff doing what stuff does. Where did the stuff come from? It has always existed, in some form
Why must there have been nothing rather than something?

The space has always existed, Space is open area without form. God who lives in space took space and started creating things from small pieces of floating fragment in it. In time those pieces became floating stars and then the sun was formed that floats and the moon that floats and the Earth that floats. After God closed up earth that created gravity inside the earth. When God created things inside the earth it dose not float.

Esteban X

The space has always existed, Space is open area without form. God who lives in space took space and started creating things from small pieces of floating fragment in it. In time those pieces became floating stars and then the sun was formed that floats and the moon that floats and the Earth that floats. After God closed up earth that created gravity inside the earth. When God created things inside the earth it dose not float.
Are you saying that only the planet Earth has gravity? That's not how gravity works. All physical objects have gravity.

Earth also floats but the earth is closed up tight all the way around it. so inside earth gravity exist because space cannot get inside. Just like the moon, when you land on the moon there is also gravity there as well. When you go into space you will float and you will also see the earth and the moon and stars floating in space.