• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't the Universe Always Exist?

Space does not have gravity. The universe was created from God, from the fragment floating through space. It took God 100s of years to create the earth. The earth is not 13 billion years old. The earth is 1000 years old.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Space does not have gravity. The universe was created from God, from the fragment floating through space. It took God 100s of years to create the earth. The earth is not 13 billion years old. The earth is 1000 years old.

Gravity of any mass is infinite following the inverse square rule, it is very weak but it exists everywhere

No the earth is not 13.8 billion years old, only about 4.5 billion years old.

See my avatar? A cro-magnon skull, approximately 22,000 years old.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
sorry. :oops:

Due to deficiency with sleep, I have become grumpy after conversing with @Ben Dhyan .

Hello. And now that I am sober :) I think I will retract my concession. But in the sense that I think the usage of 'pure' is appropriate in this case. That is because I simply meant pure in sense that energy was all that there was. That is, no particles were present in the very early universe in the current, concordant Big Bang model.

Of course I did not mean pure in the sense that there was not some 'contaminants' in the energy.

Cheers

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Hello. Define fragment, in the way you use the word here?

Why didnt cars always exist, why didnt computers always exist. Why didnt airplanes always exist. Why didnt trains always exist. Why didnt your baby always exist. Every thing has a Creator. the Earths Creators and Lifes Creator is GOD. You have to truly study back in time taking away everything you see now that did not exist 100s of years ago. Study Study.

Fragment is a piece of rock that floats in the air and when you gather up many of them they are then able to create a bigger rock that continues to grow bigger and bigger as added to it.

Pogo

Earth also floats but the earth is closed up tight all the way around it. so inside earth gravity exist because space cannot get inside. Just like the moon, when you land on the moon there is also gravity there as well. When you go into space you will float and you will also see the earth and the moon and stars floating in space.
No, Newton figured out that they aren't floating they all have mass and it is gravity that keeps them in orbit. Astronauts "floating" in space are actually falling just enough so that their momentum from their orbital speed is equal. HS physics known for almost 500 years courtesy of Sir Isaac Newton who figured it out. Since been confirmed that it covers the whole universe with the same gravity, no floating.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Fragment is a piece of rock that floats in the air, and when many are gathered and formed together they make a larger rock. As that rock gets bigger over time it forms a foundation.

So, like in the current theory of planet formation? That is, you start with a kernel, and accumulation takes over?

I struggle to see how there could be such a fragment for God to work with, when talking about the Universe?

Esteban X

Ok SZ, let me rephrase my original comment.

Nothing can come from nothing according to my understanding, what is your evidence for how universal mass (energy and matter) came to be?
Since energy (and by extension matter) can neither be created or destroyed, but merely changes form. It follows that it must have always existed, IN SOME FORM. The nature of that form prior to the event we call the Big Bang is a matter of conjecture.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Since energy (and by extension matter) can neither be created or destroyed, but merely changes form. It follows that it must have always existed, IN SOME FORM. The nature of that form prior to the event we call the Big Bang is a matter of conjecture.
Precisely! ;)

Wrt BB, the whole concept is a matter of conjecture afaiac, but I won't open that bucket of worms again for now.

gnostic

The Lost One
The space has always existed, Space is open area without form. God who lives in space took space and started creating things from small pieces of floating fragment in it. In time those pieces became floating stars and then the sun was formed that floats and the moon that floats and the Earth that floats. After God closed up earth that created gravity inside the earth. When God created things inside the earth it dose not float.

in the earliest 100 million years, there were no fragments of any physical objects, other than clouds of couple of lightest elements,

1. mostly hydrogen (1 proton, no neutrons) and its heavier isotope - deuterium (1 proton, 1 neutron),
  2. the less abundant helium (2 protons, 2 neutrons),
  3. but only tiniest fractions of lithium (3 protons, 3 neutrons), and possibly of beryllium.

There were nothing more massive or heavier than lithium (or beryllium if it existed in the earlier part of the universe history). There were no carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, silicon, lead, iron, etc, not until after the earliest generation of stars (population III).

Galaxies, stars, planets, and other astronomical bodies, never existed in the first 100 million years. James Web Space Telescope (JWST), equipped with larger mirror and lens than the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), and more importantly with near-infrared instruments, that would provide the much higher resolution & quality images than those of HST, of very distant galaxies.

As of today, the most distant object to be ever observed so far, is the galaxy JADES-GS-z14-0 (discovered in 2024), that have have redshift of 14.32, meaning this galaxy was formed around 290 million years after the Big Bang (the initial expansion of the universe).

The previous records, were JADES-GS-z14-1 that have redshift 13.9, and JADES-GS-z13-0 (discovered September 2022), have redshift of 13.2.

Redshift (with the symbol “z”) or more precisely Cosmological Redshift, is a measurement of distance of object, that measure the light of star or galaxy, while the Universe is expanding.

In the physics of optics and electromagnetic radiations, a glass prism can split visible white light into range of colours, known as visible spectrum, with red light at one end, and violet at the other end (in 1666, Isaac Newton called this indigo instead of violet). Beyond the visible violet spectrum is ultraviolet light, where the wavelength is shorter, while beyond the visible red spectrum is infrared, in which the wavelength be longer. Go to even higher wavelengths, beyond the infrared, then spectrum will be in the microwave range, and than radio waves range.

How are these physics lesson is important, is that when you view distant stars, cluster, galaxies, and other visible objects, you might ask.

Well when astronomers can measure just how much z or redshift, the higher the positive number, the further the stars or galaxies are moving away from the Observer (the observers on Earth), which are indications and evidence that the universe is expanding.

Now there are stars and galaxies that appear to approaching the Earth, hence the object will appear in the blue range, hence the object referred to the distance as being blueshift.

With the blueshift, we are still using the redshift symbol “z”, except the number will be less than 1.

Redshift is just simply astronomical term to describe how distant are the objects from the Observer.

The larger number the more distant the object, as well as pointing to something that are older. So JADES-GS-z14-0 is not the most distant galaxy to be observed and detected, it is the object that formed not too long after the Big Bang, hence the oldest galaxy in our known and visible universe.

i have probably confused you with all these talk of physics. But it is the only thing you can do when you don’t know much about astronomy and cosmology of today.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok SZ, let me rephrase my original comment.

Nothing can come from nothing according to my understanding, what is your evidence for how universal mass (energy and matter) came to be?
It is hard to be polite to someone that keeps dodging reasonable questions. That is the act of someone that knows that he is wrong. Let me tell you the answer to my question:

The total measured energy of the universe is zero. Now think about the implications of that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Precisely! ;)

Wrt BB, the whole concept is a matter of conjecture afaiac, but I won't open that bucket of worms again for now.
The only "conjecture" right now is yours. Let me give you a little more information. There is both positive and negative energy in the universe.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is hard to be polite to someone that keeps dodging reasonable questions. That is the act of someone that knows that he is wrong. Let me tell you the answer to my question:

The total measured energy of the universe is zero. Now think about the implications of that.
You refuse to respond to my question because you know no one knows, and hence your introduction of a red herring to avoid admitting science has only limited understanding.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The only "conjecture" right now is yours. Let me give you a little more information. There is both positive and negative energy in the universe.
Doh!
410+FpbGy8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

anotherneil

Why didn't the universe always exist?
This is a loaded question, because it assumes the implied assertion that the universe has not always existed - it had a beginning, and prior to that there was simply nothing; this is a weird claim with weird implications.

What if the universe has always existed, and there is no beginning to the universe?

Is there an end to the universe too? What does that look like? What if it's about to happen 10 seconds from now? Would everything start becoming semitransparent like Marty's brother's head in the picture of him in Back to the Future, or what?

Because since God is supposed to be outside of time and is supposed to have always existed, then how could God have used a point in time to start creation? Any thoughts on this?
Man created God (in his image, but that's beside the point here); if Man created God, and God created the Universe, does that mean that Man is responsible for creating the Universe? :eek: