• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do athiest insist they dont need any rules to live by ...when you see the state of mankind today

EverChanging

dont think so. you being unjust, unfair and dishonest.

Hmm, let's see...home-grown terrorism, 9/11, Al-Qaeda...why shouldn't Muslims be numbered among the ranks of the religious and violent?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
truthseeker, would you like a tutorial on the quote feature? Using it would make your threads much easier to follow.

301ouncer

run along you like a child , so off to play time then ..... cupcake

Not like a child. I got a business to attend to but here:

“The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords.” (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

“Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock.” (Psalms 137:9 NAB)

Hmmm, you were talking of childeren, right?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
i mean atheist are always saying we don’t need someone to tell uis what is right and wrong and so on and on .......ummmm i beg to differ ig you look at the human race today , they are lost - children murdering and raping other children , people don’t respect anyone anymore and just the general breakdown of mankind .....i think they really need guidance and rules if you want to govern them .....what do you think of the state of mankind today …it seems clear mankind wants to self destructed
You think this is a recent phenomenon, truthseeker? Mankind has always been going to hell in a handbasket 'these days'.:yes:
But I could make a case that it's the religious that have always generated the majority of the world's strife. The athiests, idealists and humanists have a strong, internalised morality which the religious lack. The religious are forced to rely on a flimsy framework of external rules which, being external, are easily discarded or ignored when temptation rears its head.
People using crutches are never going to be as agile as the able-bodied. It's to be expected that they'll stumble from time to time.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
i mean atheist are always saying we don’t need someone to tell uis what is right and wrong and so on and on .......ummmm i beg to differ ig you look at the human race today , they are lost - children murdering and raping other children , people don’t respect anyone anymore and just the general breakdown of mankind .....i think they really need guidance and rules if you want to govern them .....what do you think of the state of mankind today …it seems clear mankind wants to self destructed
When has any atheist said we do not need someone to tell us what is right and wrong?
Perhaps you mean, atheists, and others, do not see the need for an omnipotent supernatural lawmaker in order to lead productive and socially responsible lives.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

The only guidance and rules we need should come from logic and reason, not from a book supposedly written by a god. No atheist (other than the rare anarchist) says we don't need rules or laws at all. What we say is that we don't need a divine being to tell us how to live. We can figure that out perfectly well on our own.

Alien

I Fly Space.

How many wars were fought by Athiest? Uh huh. Now, how many wars were fought over Religion?