• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do athiest insist they dont need any rules to live by ...when you see the state of mankind today

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
i mean atheist are always saying we don’t need someone to tell uis what is right and wrong and so on and on .......ummmm i beg to differ ig you look at the human race today , they are lost - children murdering and raping other children , people don’t respect anyone anymore and just the general breakdown of mankind .....i think they really need guidance and rules if you want to govern them .....what do you think of the state of mankind today …it seems clear mankind wants to self destructed

Actually I think you're wrong about that. My way of living doesn't have lots of dogmas or rules either. I think Lao Tzu was right. When you impose more and more rules, people become gross and mischivious. Yet, take away the rules, and people will return to their true virtuous nature.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
To be honest, maybe that is even a contributing reason? We spend so much time blaming each other for the worlds problems we forget to do something about it.
I thought that was implicit. :D

MissAlice

Well I haven't been keeping up with the posts regarding this topic and looks like someone got banned. I would however like to give some input, atheists are not a cult a group who follow specific teachings. Heck there are even atheists who know squat about Darwin and evolution. Atheism is just a lack of belief in god. I know many atheists who do not go around raping and killing anybody including my sister. There are many many cases where people have raped (only some don't call it rape), enslaved, and even killed people in the name of religion. But it would be just as wrong for me to say anyone who follows a faith is going to kill, enslave, and rape. I believe everyone encompasses a certain morality and I believe morality can be taught without the need of religious doctrine. If anything, you should've known by now that even religious followers pick and choose their own rules of moral code. There have been many conflicts even among people of the same faith regarding rules of this sense of wrong and sense of right. Heck you even see "people of importance" who add on their own set of rules within a religious doctrine thus having its followers and non-followers.

mho123

Atheist
i mean atheist are always saying we don’t need someone to tell uis what is right and wrong and so on and on .......ummmm i beg to differ ig you look at the human race today , they are lost - children murdering and raping other children , people don’t respect anyone anymore and just the general breakdown of mankind .....i think they really need guidance and rules if you want to govern them .....what do you think of the state of mankind today …it seems clear mankind wants to self destructed

Your absoulutly right. The ONLY reason why I'm not going on a killing spree through my neighborhood is because God told me not to. I am completly incapable of making that desicion myself. And that goes for the rest of humanity. We wouldn't know that raping 6 month old babies and then eating them is bad, so we need God to make a rule against it.

Hi averagejoe ,
i agree with you ,, but i think you misunderstood .
We are talking about people who cant judge whats right and whats wrong ,, those people who would go and rapé kids and eat them , basically ,, we are talking about psychopats ,, got it ?
So religion is good gor psychopats , to teach them what is right and what is wrong since they dont have The capacity to judge.
thats THE conclusion i draw from it ,,
peace

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Take a gander at his title. ;)

This is weird. I'm used to people getting banned right & left (elsewhere), including me. I've had many warnings for my infractions there,
yet I get no grief here at all, even for posting limericks. So it's surprising to see it actually happen. No judgments here....just noticing.

dogsgod

Your absoulutly right. The ONLY reason why I'm not going on a killing spree through my neighborhood is because God told me not to. I am completly incapable of making that desicion myself. And that goes for the rest of humanity. We wouldn't know that raping 6 month old babies and then eating them is bad, so we need God to make a rule against it.
There's a rule against it? burp