• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians accuse other religions of believing in false prophets?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
From Muhammad to Krishna to Buddha and Baha’u’llah, it has been a norm amongst Christians of many denominations to accuse religionists of other religions of believing in satan himself and that all of these Teachers are ‘false Prophets’. Many times I have heard this said to me and others. Yet nowhere in the Bible does it categorically state by name that any of These Teachers are false. It is an interpretation by priests and clergy. All of Them taught love just as Christ did.

To be fair, I know of excellent Christians and priests who respect other religions and Prophets and they, I believe, are true Christians who practice love and tolerance towards all.

As a Christian, what do you believe about Muhammad or Buddha or Krishna and Baha’u’llah? Do you believe the different religions should mix with one another or shun each other? I once invited some Christians who knocked on my door to say some prayers together for humanity but they told me that their elders forbid them to do that because they could get ‘spiritually infected’! If Christ taught to love even ones enemy then this attitude towards other religions doesn’t sound right. What do you think?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That is not just that. Any worldview, which claims in effect an objective false for human behaviors do so.
And that even in some sense include your religion.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Why do you assume that everybody who doesn't believe in your prophet is automatically a Christian?

As a Baha'i, you should be aware that Muslims are much more explicit in their rejection of Bahaism than Christians, and yet Baha'is hold Islam in high regard and consider it the only authentically transmitted religion besides their own.
The question is directed at Christians who label other religions Prophets as false Prophets not just my own.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Krishna and Buddha were not prophets and not messengers. Teachers? Yes. Prophets or messengers? No. Stop trying to lump dharmic figures into your Abrahamic paradigm.

Thank you.
Christians are still told these Teachers are false or from satan. The problem with that is it creates prejudice.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
This is but one of many Christian websites publicly condemning Muhammad as a false prophet.
An excerpt:

The warnings in Scripture make it clear. God’s prophets always tell the truth while false prophets are liars and should not be trusted. Muhammad is a false prophet. ….. Muhammad fits into this category. He was a false prophet.

I have read many Christian commentaries expressing the same condemnation.

Christians views on Buddha and His teachings.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
We were talking about Krishna and Buddha, not Muhammad.
I included link about Buddha in my previous post. This link refers to Hinduism.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Because their messages contradict Christianity.
From my reading of each of the scriptures of all the major faiths, their spiritual truths are all valid. I don’t find any contradictions between the spiritual teachings. They all teach wisdom, love, compassion and virtues.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I included link about Buddha in my previous post. This link refers to Hinduism.

Neither article supports your claims that Christians say they are false prophets/teachers or from Satan.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
From my reading of each of the scriptures of all the major faiths, their spiritual truths are all valid. I don’t find any contradictions between the spiritual teachings. They all teach wisdom, love, compassion and virtues.
Their doctrines are wrong. Islam denies the Godhood of Jesus, for example. If Muhammad is wrong then anyone who confirms him is also wrong.