• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Evolutionists not like to actually debate Evolution and rely on personal attacks?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I have never heard of one person who can say anything about evolution but doesn't know what it is. Everyone who has been to school in the last 25 years knows what it is. Unless we don't. So, tell us.

I'm waiting for someone who denies evolutionary theory to display an actual understanding of the processes. Many people think they know what it is, but what they say about it indicates otherwise.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understand evolutionary theory. Do you have something relevant to ask regarding the last universal common ancestor, or are you just spouting off random, arbitrary questions for no apparent reason?

No. You said you have not met someone yet who believes in God The Creator AND knows about evolution. Do you know about evolution? When I asked you you said Cokehead. So you had me stymied.

I said last universal ancestor and you said cokehead.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
No. You said you have not met someone yet who believes in God The Creator AND knows about evolution.

No, I said creationist - someone who believes in creationism and doesn't accept evolutionary theory. It's irrelevant to me whether said person believes in god or not. And yes, I've yet to meet a creationist who is able to display an actual understanding of the mechanism and process and evolution.

Do you know about evolution? When I asked you you said Cokehead. So you had me stymied.

I said last universal ancestor and you said cokehead.

Again, do you have a relevant question, or are you spouting off arbitrary questions for no reason? I'll give you another chance to actually pose a cogent query before concluding that you're just spouting off nonsense.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm waiting for someone who denies evolutionary theory to display an actual understanding of the processes. Many people think they know what it is, but what they say about it indicates otherwise.

Are you sure they are not hopping over a step and going right to the matter of evolution without a designer is impossible.

And

Where is the specimen that is convincing FOR a connection between species?

Evolution does not explain how one species becomes another. Yet, I'll give you that. OK?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Are you sure they are not hopping over a step and going right to the matter of evolution without a designer is impossible.

And

Evolution does not explain how one species becomes another. Yet, I'll give you that. OK?

You don't have to give me anything. Your statement already shows that you lack an actual understanding of evolutionary theory. No big surprise there.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

And

I can only assume that you did not research the matter. Speciation has not only been observed, it has been so repeatedly and for decades if not centuries.

For one example, see:

Nylon-eating bacteria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't have to give me anything. Your statement already shows that you lack an actual understanding of evolutionary theory. No big surprise there.

Aha! There you go attacking me with some little nonsense. That proves the OP is righto. Right?

Got nothing to prove but some punches?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Show me a bacteria which can fly a jet plane at the speed of sound and I'll come over to the dark side. I promise.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Aha! There you go attacking me with some little nonsense. That proves the OP is righto. Right?

Got nothing to prove but some punches?

All you needd to do is display an actual understanding of evolutionary theory to prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath, but I will remain open to the possibility that some creationist actually understands evolutionary theory. I will continue waiting for that day.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Show me a bacteria which can fly a jet plane at the speed of sound and I'll come over to the dark side. I promise.

Show me a creationist who displays an actual understanding of evolutionary theory, and I will admit I was wrong. I promise.

Still waiting.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How many generation where there from the invention of flight to flight at the speed of sound? Not enough I say. According to evolutionary theory the children of flyers would evolve the skill to fly, is that not so?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about the skill to work on tall buildings without fear? How many generations? I would say none actually. How can they do it? It would have to have evolved. How could it?