• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do many Christians claim the Spirit of God is a Holy ‘Ghost’?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
How was the question not valid? Because you didn't want to answer?

valid - 2: well-grounded or justifiable : being at once relevant and meaningful

Seemed perfectly valid to me.

But I suppose you'll pick a definition that isn't applicable for this as well.
**mod edit** SHOW ME the so called ‘Question’?

It SEEMS valid to you… that’s the problem, isn’t it… You don’t know what a QUESTION is different from a STATEMENT!!

What you just did was to attempt to perform a classic distraction act so that YOU didn’t have to answer MY QUESTION!!

In fact, NOTHING that you have said even matches an answer to the thread question… Perhaps you can get back to that and see if you CAN answer…

**mod edit**

Last edited by a moderator:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I saw your post late…

But nonetheless, you quoted:

A Ghost is the SOUL (?) of a DEAD PERSON??

But ‘Soul’ means ‘Person’ … just different language, like ‘Messiah’ and ‘Christ’. So the sentence you quoted is saying:
  • ‘The person of a dead Person…’
However, the very next sentence says, “The ‘SPIRIT’ of Christ”.

Why didn’t it say, ‘The GHOST of Christ’?

Perhaps the writer understood that Christ HAD a Spirit, but dead people’s Spirits RESTS with God and do not, cannot, pervade the world of the living!! So I’m order to fulfil their pagan beliefs, they invented a term to explain what they called Hauntings and malevolent ‘Spirits’ (a Ghost is always malevolent!)
Are you determined not to understand or what?

Because yes, Christ literally gives up the ghost.

Sounds like you have an ideological bias and no amount of information will help you with that.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Soapy

Are you determined not to understand or what?

Because yes, Christ literally gives up the ghost.

Sounds like you have an ideological bias and no amount of information will help you with that.

Good luck.
Ah, you lack the knowledge and sense to have a credible debate….

Gave up the Ghost’ is a ‘PHRASE’… a CONCEPTUAL sentence - not a FACT. I’m betting you don’t understand that, either!!

Just to make this simple for you… Post in reply, several definitions of ‘Ghost’…

Please, … Thanks!!

And then tell me what ‘Holy Ghost’ is - seeing that the SPIRIT OF GOD is only ever described as ‘Like a WIND, and like a light fluttering breeze, and it’s POWER as of lightening and tongues of fire’… unseen but has effects ON the physical world.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The Dictionary definition of a ‘GHOST’ is:
  • ‘An apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.’
How does this definition apply to what is called, ‘The Third Person’ of the trinity?

Take into account that a Ghost is ‘of a DEAD’ person - yet the Spirit of God is a ‘LIFE GIVING’ entity.

Is the term, Holy Ghost, just an example of malicious thinking and teaching, or is it just to be taken as ignorance in innocence thinking and preaching?

A disembodied spirit. A non-physical presence. Just a way of describing what they experience.

Soapy

A disembodied spirit. A non-physical presence. Just a way of describing what they experience.
Ha ha ha…..!!! You must have searched high and low and can only pick out a tiny snippet from a definition in order to try to form a case…. So sad for you that this approach us required to attempt to maintain a false ideology….

But WHY? What do you get from providing out of context information? Are you not intelligent enough to provide pointed, valid, and well formed aspects of your ‘belief’? If you are like this with easy, simple, cohesive things on a basic level… How are you getting on in a forum which speaks of Spiritual things??

I will let you reconsider what you just said in light of the fact that Angel Spirits can do far more than just have a non-physical presence. And, given the number of basic questions I d asked that no one has yet answered - only provided attempts at distractions - I’m guessing none of you have any idea of the topic!!

Just one point: No one DEMANDS that you take part in a forum thread… but if you do, please try to be honest and sincere. It’s ok to make an error… but persisting with the error in order to save face marks you out as a demonic player!!

Now, show more consideration in your response that is on point!!

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
From What is the difference between the Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost? | GotQuestions.org

Of the modern English translations of the Bible, it is only the King James Version of the Bible which uses the term “Holy Ghost.” It occurs 90 times in the KJV. The term “Holy Spirit” occurs 7 times in the KJV. There is no clear reason as to why the KJV translators used Ghost in most places and then Spirit in a few. The exact same Greek and Hebrew words are translated "ghost" and "spirit" in the KJV in different occurrences of the words. By "ghost," the KJV translators did not intend to communicate the idea of "the spirit of a deceased person." In 1611, when the KJV was originally translated, the word "ghost" primarily referred to "an immaterial being."

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
From What is the difference between the Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost? | GotQuestions.org

Of the modern English translations of the Bible, it is only the King James Version of the Bible which uses the term “Holy Ghost.” It occurs 90 times in the KJV. The term “Holy Spirit” occurs 7 times in the KJV. There is no clear reason as to why the KJV translators used Ghost in most places and then Spirit in a few. The exact same Greek and Hebrew words are translated "ghost" and "spirit" in the KJV in different occurrences of the words. By "ghost," the KJV translators did not intend to communicate the idea of "the spirit of a deceased person." In 1611, when the KJV was originally translated, the word "ghost" primarily referred to "an immaterial being."
Are you not familiar with pre-1611 Bibles in English?

Wyclif uses ghost, the Anglo-Saxon Gospels use ghost.

There is a horrible anti-Saxon bias here. Ghost and spirit have the same meaning to them.

As someone who studies Middle English this thread is giving me a heart attack. This is basic linguistics.

Here is Luke 1:15 in the Wessex Gospels of 1175:

Soðlice he byð mære be-foren drihtene. & he ne drincð win ne beor. & he beoð ge-felleð mid halgen gaste; Þanne gyt of hys moder innoðe.

John 3:5

Se hælend hym andswerede & cwæð. Soð ic þe segge buton hwa beo ge-edkenned of watere & of halegen gaste ne maig he in-faren on godes riche.

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Can someone come out and tell me why 'ghost' is problematic, even though you have been told the etymology of the word?

Why is it unsuitable for your theology? But the Latin equivalent of the same word is fine?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It SEEMS valid to you… that’s the problem, isn’t it… You don’t know what a QUESTION is different from a STATEMENT!!
Is that a question? Or a statement?

I'm a bit confused from the random use of capital letters and excessive use of punctuation.

An interjection, perhaps?

What you just did was to attempt to perform a classic distraction act so that YOU didn’t have to answer MY QUESTION!!
Nope. I pointed out the deceptive nature of your OP.

In fact, NOTHING that you have said even matches an answer to the thread question… Perhaps you can get back to that and see if you CAN answer…
Your definition of 'ghost' does not apply to the OP question. So there is nothing in the OP worth answering.

Soapy

Is that a question? Or a statement?

I'm a bit confused from the random use of capital letters and excessive use of punctuation.

An interjection, perhaps?

Nope. I pointed out the deceptive nature of your OP.

Your definition of 'ghost' does not apply to the OP question. So there is nothing in the OP worth answering.
Once again, no answer to anything asked of you regarding the thread question.

Why are you responding to the thread in the first place since you have no intention of relating to the question?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Once again, no answer to anything asked of you regarding the thread question.
Once again, complete disregard for the error you made.

Why are you responding to the thread in the first place since you have no intention of relating to the question?
To explain to you why your question intended to campaign against the Trinity is irrelevant.

Soapy

Once again, complete disregard for the error you made.

To explain to you why your question intended to campaign against the Trinity is irrelevant.
This forum is a platform where many people are their views on many ideologies. I am not the only person who doesn’t believe in the trinity.

The only reason to say to me not to post against the trinity is because you are afraid that you’ve seen that you are believing a wrongful ideology.

I do not force anyone to believe in anti-trinity - what do is to show the truth, argue against the fallacy … not only of trinity but of JW, Christadelphians, Oneness, ..and many other that are patently untrue.

If you can’t stand being wrong, knowing you are wrong, can’t stomach the truth.. just do not answer my posts - Simple… there are many other posts you can go spreading your belief in! And are you saying that anyone who argues against the trinity should be castigated?

I will tell you this: If a belief cannot stand be TESTED then if is FALSE!!

I can stand any amount of testing because what I write is cohesive, truthful, and verifiable … all and every way!

With trinity ideology, what happens is exactly what you and others are doing now: Tou cannot answer to what is being asked of you so you bring irrelevance into the thread and then claim the person (Like me) is causing you an issue… Yeah… I know what you are doing… antagonise and report me hoping I get thrown off the forum!!

That only shows that you cannot justify your belief otherwise you would provide veritable, straight to the point, responses.

So, like now, we should be discussing the thread topic but you’ve waylaid it into a different Avenue.

How about just answering the topic question… or, don’t answer if you cannot answer!!

Soapy

@Soapy ~ There is really no need to continue using the forum as a platform to campaign against the Trinity. It really is okay for others to hold different beliefs than you.

Relax. Breathe. Enjoy the community.
Catholics only allow people on their forum if those people believe in Catholicism… Can anyone point out them any errors in the belief? NO! Therefore they will forever live in a fallacy world, refusing correction.

The Scriptures are about belief in GOD AND His Christ. It’s NOT about believing that Jesus IS THAT GOD who has his Christ as a ‘Son’. Hopefully you can already see the improper definitions even in that short sentence.

But the thread topic was simply asking how there can be such a thing as a ‘Holy Ghost’ when a Ghost is, in every translation, a disembodied spirit, wraith, an apparition, a Haunting Spirit, a MALEVOLENT spirit.

I asked you to show an example of a non-malevolent, disembodied, spirit —- and you cannot! Thanks for you unspoken answer!!!

Just answer the questions set by the thread!

Put you point of view.

Acknowledge an error on your part or point out an erroneous on my part.

Repeat…

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The only reason to say to me not to post against the trinity is because you are afraid that you’ve seen that you are believing a wrongful ideology.
Are you sure about that? Maybe look at the religion in my profile to determine if you assumption about me is accurate.

Also, there's a difference between "posting" against the Trinity and "using the platform to campaign" against the Trinity. I thank you to not misrepresent what I said.

I do not force anyone to believe in anti-trinity - what do is to show the truth, argue against the fallacy … not only of trinity but of JW, Christadelphians, Oneness, ..and many other that are patently untrue.
Surely you mean "my" truth/fallacy, and not "the" truth/fallacy, yes?

If you can’t stand being wrong, knowing you are wrong, can’t stomach the truth.. just do not answer my posts - Simple… there are many other posts you can go spreading your belief in!
How can my beliefs, your beliefs, or anyone else's beliefs be objectively right or objectively wrong? They're beliefs. If one can provide irrefutable objective evidence of a belief, the idea is no longer a belief.

And are you saying that anyone who argues against the trinity should be castigated?
No. I'm saying that anyone who uses the forum as a platform to campaign should be held accountable for their rule violations.

Tell me, @Soapy, what you've posted on this forum recently that isn't speaking against the Trinity.

I will tell you this: If a belief cannot stand be TESTED then if is FALSE!!
Yet is still a belief. Just like the beliefs that can stand to be tested. And beliefs that are true or false to you may not necessarily be true or false to another. Why not just accept that others may not believe as you do and move on?

I can stand any amount of testing because what I write is cohesive, truthful, and verifiable … all and every way!
Truthful to you, but probably not verifiable...at least not objectively.

With trinity ideology, what happens is exactly what you and others are doing now: Tou cannot answer to what is being asked of you so you bring irrelevance into the thread and then claim the person (Like me) is causing you an issue… Yeah… I know what you are doing… antagonise and report me hoping I get thrown off the forum!!
I have no wish for you to be "thrown off the forum." I only want you to adhere to the rules, respect the beliefs of others, and debate with integrity.

That only shows that you cannot justify your belief otherwise you would provide veritable, straight to the point, responses.
Again, this has nothing to do with what I believe. As most here would be able to verify, I have no horse in the race with regard to the Trinity.

How about just answering the topic question… or, don’t answer if you cannot answer!!
I did answer the topic question. You just didn't like the answer.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
But the thread topic was simply asking how there can be such a thing as a ‘Holy Ghost’ when a Ghost is, in every translation, a disembodied spirit, wraith, an apparition, a Haunting Spirit, a MALEVOLENT spirit.
You've been provided alternate, accurate translations and definitions that to not imply any of these qualities you claim, and you have yet to provide any evidence of these qualities though you were asked.

I asked you to show an example of a non-malevolent, disembodied, spirit —- and you cannot! Thanks for you unspoken answer!!!
Until you can graciously accept, or at the very least acknowledge, what you've been told here, I'm afraid you're just screaming at the wall.

Soapy

No
You've been provided alternate, accurate translations and definitions that to not imply any of these qualities you claim, and you have yet to provide any evidence of these qualities though you were asked.
Absolutely false. ALL ‘Ghost’ definitions are the same. You might pick out one element and say, ‘That is different’, but that’s not a fact of a definition for ALL CASES.

An ALL CASE definition is ‘Disembodied Spirit of a DEAD PERSON’, a wraith, a ha

Can you prove that this isn’t true?
Until you can graciously accept, or at the very least acknowledge, what you've been told here, I'm afraid you're just screaming at the wall.
How are you expecting me to believe what is false… clearly you do not know me!!
Are you sure about that? Maybe look at the religion in my profile to determine if you assumption about me is accurate.
It doesn’t matter what your religious belief is. Moreover we are not to make reference to it…
Also, there's a difference between "posting" against the Trinity and "using the platform to campaign" against the Trinity. I thank you to not misrepresent what I said.
I was NOT posting against the trinity in saying that there’s no such thing as a ‘Holy Ghost’. Read the headline. I believe there is a SPIRIT OF GOD, God’s Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth.

God’s Spirit of truth is not a ‘Ghost’ by ANY definition.

My guess is that you saw the problem but can’t stand to believe it nor allow anyone else to see and believe it.
Surely you mean "my" truth/fallacy, and not "the" truth/fallacy, yes?
There is only ONE TRUTH.
How can my beliefs, your beliefs, or anyone else's beliefs be objectively right or objectively wrong? They're beliefs. If one can provide irrefutable objective evidence of a belief, the idea is no longer a belief.
What! Are you kidding… maybe I’m beginning to understand why you say what you say and how!!! Wow??!!!

What happened to the pagan God’s, monsters, unicorns, pixies, elves, …. Were they truthful BELIEFS… ‘Yes’… to those who willingly and wrongfully chose to believe in them….
No. I'm saying that anyone who uses the forum as a platform to campaign should be held accountable for their rule violations.
I post what I know is true. If posting the truth offends the forum then it’s the forum that needs to change TO ALLOW TRUTH to be spoken/Written. Otherwise, what do you think? Seeds planted in barren soil? Wise words dismissed because they broke the forum rule that say, ‘Do not offend anyone by telling them the truth if they are wrong!!’?
Tell me, @Soapy, what you've posted on this forum recently that isn't speaking against the Trinity.
In this thread question is posted about the justification or fallacy of a so-called ‘Holy Ghost’. I did that because I heard several church people preaching about ‘God’s Holy Ghost’ and how the Holy Ghost did this or that … and that the Holy Ghost is a Person … a THIRD person who is Almighty God. I posted the question and you or some claimed it was against trinity….

Yes, I felt the fear that there is no such thing as a ‘Ghost’, let alone, a ‘Holy Ghost’. I mentally visualised you and you believers of like, rushing around with your hands on your heads looking for somewhere to hide and then saying, ‘Better get rid of this poster in case others see the truth he’s telling!!! Whatever should we do if they believe him: ‘Better for us that this one man is thrown off this forum than have many here start to believe him!!’.
Yet is still a belief. Just like the beliefs that can stand to be tested. And beliefs that are true or false to you may not necessarily be true or false to another. Why not just accept that others may not believe as you do and move on?
Ha ha ha… that’s so funny!!! Yes, many people ‘BELIEVE’ different things… If we held to the belief that the world was flat… hmmm…
Copernicus risked his life to show the truth AGAINST THE ESTABLISHED CHURCH BELIEF that the Earth was the centre of the universe… oh dear… how embarrassing when the church finally had to agree (after Galileo also proved it) that they were WRONG!!!…. but it doesn’t change the FACT of a matter. Parallel lines are still parallel even if another person sees it as diverging ‘from their perspective’. Tests show that the lines are the same distance apart - just sone else sees it as different. Let me ask you: Are you saying that the ‘out of line’ person IS RIGHT because they see the lines as diverging? Or should they admit that IT IS ONLY BY THEIR PERSPECTIVE and that a TRUE VIEW sets the lines parallel???

Who was it who did the train speed experiment and concluded that the train was travelling at different speeds according to whether it was moving away from a static point, or moving towards that same point… The truth (you next point) is that the train was travelling at BE SET SPEED all that time. In the story of the ‘Emperor’s Clothes’, the emperor deluded himself thinking his ‘invisible’ clothes were made of the finest silk. Others around were shocked but HAD TO FOLLOW SUIT and congratulate him … But then someone who didn’t know he was supposed be ‘brown-nosing’ the king, declared: ‘The Emperors got no clothes!!!’.

If you choose the wrong perspective to view a truth then, of course you will see it differently… but YOU would be in error!! And when you are shown the truth, do not fight it, prove it to yourself, and then accept it.
Truthful to you, but probably not verifiable...at least not objectively.
‘What is Truth’, Pontius Pilate asked Jesus!!

What I say to you is every way veritable from scriptures. The term ‘Ghost’ ONLY came into use in the Middle Ages. That age was a terrible age of superstition, high paganism, grave ignorance, and false beliefs in unearthly things. Thus myths grew prolifically and people ‘saw’ ways of frightening others by claiming apparitions of dead people haunting the world in ‘white gowns’ or such nonsense … a GHOST. No Ghost ever did anything GODLY. Yet you would have people believe that there is such a thing as GOD’s GHOST???? Is this what trinitariAns are supposed to believe (only because YOU mentioned them!!)

Truth: There is no such thing as a GHOST. Got nothing to do with trinity in that respect but rather just paganistic mythology like Dragons, Mermaids, Phoenix, Unicorns, Fairies, Elves, …and so on.

I have no wish for you to be "thrown off the forum." I only want you to adhere to the rules, respect the beliefs of others, and debate with integrity.
Well, stop intimidating me and posting things that have nothing to do with the thread topic. I have tried several times to ‘stop’ and ‘get back on point’ but you have been unable to do so… any reason? Why not start now: just answer the thread question… EVEN IF you have to begin again….! Does that sound reasonable?
Again, this has nothing to do with what I believe. As most here would be able to verify, I have no horse in the race with regard to the Trinity.
Hmm… Interesting… but even so, if you have no horse in the race about the trinity, and you don’t know about the trinity, and you therefore are arguing at emptiness then how can you be saying what you are saying to me when you know nothing about what you are speaking about?…

A Ghost is (in short) a MALEVOLENT spirit. How then do those who believe in a the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth, be a ‘GHOST’?

Please just answer with credible information.

I did answer the topic question. You just didn't like the answer.
If you had answered WITH CREDIBILITY then that would have sufficed. But it is clear that since whatever (and I have asked did you to show me) you answered was incorrect, you could not nor would not respond.

To prove your point, post the answer in the next post. But if you cannot… !

Brian2

Veteran Member
Are you not familiar with pre-1611 Bibles in English?

Wyclif uses ghost, the Anglo-Saxon Gospels uses ghost.

There is a horrible anti-Saxon bias here. Ghost and spirit have the same meaning to them.

As someone who studies Middle English this thread is giving me a heart attack. This is basic linguistics.

No I,m not familiar with pre-1611 Bibles in English.
A SDA minister gave a KJV Bible to me when I was studying Christianity as a young man. It had a concordance and I became familiar with that Bible and learned passages from that Bible. The word Ghost and Spirit in the KJV did not bother me as I seemed to know instinctively that the 2 words meant the same thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as the bottom line of my quote indicates in post #26

Here is Luke 1:15 in the Wessex Gospels of 1175:

Soðlice he byð mære be-foren drihtene. & he ne drincð win ne beor. & he beoð ge-felleð mid halgen gaste; Þanne gyt of hys moder innoðe.

John 3:5

Se hælend hym andswerede & cwæð. Soð ic þe segge buton hwa beo ge-edkenned of watere & of halegen gaste ne maig he in-faren on godes riche.

The KJV isn't as bad as these old English versions for the modern reader and in some things it is more clear as "ye" is the plural form of "thou" etc.
But eventually I found out about KJV errors and was wondering often enough, what the hell the sentences meant, and it became too much for me and I started using other translations, but when I was looking for a passage the KJV concordance was handy in that Bible I had been given, along with the Strongs concordance and other books that related back to the numbering of words in the KJV.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The Dictionary definition of a ‘GHOST’ is:
  • ‘An apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.’
How does this definition apply to what is called, ‘The Third Person’ of the trinity?

Take into account that a Ghost is ‘of a DEAD’ person - yet the Spirit of God is a ‘LIFE GIVING’ entity.

Is the term, Holy Ghost, just an example of malicious thinking and teaching, or is it just to be taken as ignorance in innocence thinking and preaching?

This is the basics as to why. no malicious thinking or teaching or ignorance. We just don’t live in the 1600’s anymore.

Brian2

Veteran Member
No

Absolutely false. ALL ‘Ghost’ definitions are the same. You might pick out one element and say, ‘That is different’, but that’s not a fact of a definition for ALL CASES.

An ALL CASE definition is ‘Disembodied Spirit of a DEAD PERSON’, a wraith, a ha

Can you prove that this isn’t true?

How are you expecting me to believe what is false… clearly you do not know me!!

It doesn’t matter what your religious belief is. Moreover we are not to make reference to it…

I was NOT posting against the trinity in saying that there’s no such thing as a ‘Holy Ghost’. Read the headline. I believe there is a SPIRIT OF GOD, God’s Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth.

God’s Spirit of truth is not a ‘Ghost’ by ANY definition.

My guess is that you saw the problem but can’t stand to believe it nor allow anyone else to see and believe it.

There is only ONE TRUTH.

What! Are you kidding… maybe I’m beginning to understand why you say what you say and how!!! Wow??!!!

What happened to the pagan God’s, monsters, unicorns, pixies, elves, …. Were they truthful BELIEFS… ‘Yes’… to those who willingly and wrongfully chose to believe in them….

I post what I know is true. If posting the truth offends the forum then it’s the forum that needs to change TO ALLOW TRUTH to be spoken/Written. Otherwise, what do you think? Seeds planted in barren soil? Wise words dismissed because they broke the forum rule that say, ‘Do not offend anyone by telling them the truth if they are wrong!!’?

In this thread question is posted about the justification or fallacy of a so-called ‘Holy Ghost’. I did that because I heard several church people preaching about ‘God’s Holy Ghost’ and how the Holy Ghost did this or that … and that the Holy Ghost is a Person … a THIRD person who is Almighty God. I posted the question and you or some claimed it was against trinity….

Yes, I felt the fear that there is no such thing as a ‘Ghost’, let alone, a ‘Holy Ghost’. I mentally visualised you and you believers of like, rushing around with your hands on your heads looking for somewhere to hide and then saying, ‘Better get rid of this poster in case others see the truth he’s telling!!! Whatever should we do if they believe him: ‘Better for us that this one man is thrown off this forum than have many here start to believe him!!’.

Ha ha ha… that’s so funny!!! Yes, many people ‘BELIEVE’ different things… If we held to the belief that the world was flat… hmmm…
Copernicus risked his life to show the truth AGAINST THE ESTABLISHED CHURCH BELIEF that the Earth was the centre of the universe… oh dear… how embarrassing when the church finally had to agree (after Galileo also proved it) that they were WRONG!!!…. but it doesn’t change the FACT of a matter. Parallel lines are still parallel even if another person sees it as diverging ‘from their perspective’. Tests show that the lines are the same distance apart - just sone else sees it as different. Let me ask you: Are you saying that the ‘out of line’ person IS RIGHT because they see the lines as diverging? Or should they admit that IT IS ONLY BY THEIR PERSPECTIVE and that a TRUE VIEW sets the lines parallel???

Who was it who did the train speed experiment and concluded that the train was travelling at different speeds according to whether it was moving away from a static point, or moving towards that same point… The truth (you next point) is that the train was travelling at BE SET SPEED all that time. In the story of the ‘Emperor’s Clothes’, the emperor deluded himself thinking his ‘invisible’ clothes were made of the finest silk. Others around were shocked but HAD TO FOLLOW SUIT and congratulate him … But then someone who didn’t know he was supposed be ‘brown-nosing’ the king, declared: ‘The Emperors got no clothes!!!’.

If you choose the wrong perspective to view a truth then, of course you will see it differently… but YOU would be in error!! And when you are shown the truth, do not fight it, prove it to yourself, and then accept it.

‘What is Truth’, Pontius Pilate asked Jesus!!

What I say to you is every way veritable from scriptures. The term ‘Ghost’ ONLY came into use in the Middle Ages. That age was a terrible age of superstition, high paganism, grave ignorance, and false beliefs in unearthly things. Thus myths grew prolifically and people ‘saw’ ways of frightening others by claiming apparitions of dead people haunting the world in ‘white gowns’ or such nonsense … a GHOST. No Ghost ever did anything GODLY. Yet you would have people believe that there is such a thing as GOD’s GHOST???? Is this what trinitariAns are supposed to believe (only because YOU mentioned them!!)

Truth: There is no such thing as a GHOST. Got nothing to do with trinity in that respect but rather just paganistic mythology like Dragons, Mermaids, Phoenix, Unicorns, Fairies, Elves, …and so on.

Well, stop intimidating me and posting things that have nothing to do with the thread topic. I have tried several times to ‘stop’ and ‘get back on point’ but you have been unable to do so… any reason? Why not start now: just answer the thread question… EVEN IF you have to begin again….! Does that sound reasonable?

Hmm… Interesting… but even so, if you have no horse in the race about the trinity, and you don’t know about the trinity, and you therefore are arguing at emptiness then how can you be saying what you are saying to me when you know nothing about what you are speaking about?…

A Ghost is (in short) a MALEVOLENT spirit. How then do those who believe in a the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth, be a ‘GHOST’?

Please just answer with credible information.

If you had answered WITH CREDIBILITY then that would have sufficed. But it is clear that since whatever (and I have asked did you to show me) you answered was incorrect, you could not nor would not respond.

To prove your point, post the answer in the next post. But if you cannot… !

The answer is that the English language is called a living language and the meaning of words changes over time, depending on their useage.
"Ghost" has a different connotation for many people these days than it used to have. This change of meaning of words is one reason that new translations are brought out in English that modern readers will understand more easily.