• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Sonofason

As it happens, I am being sincere. As I said, you appear to be a troll pretending to be a Christian in order to defame Christianity.
If you are not, I would advise you to stop - what you are doing is counter productive. You are acheiving the opposite of what you are trying to acheive.
Unlike you, I have a great deal of respect for Christianity and many Christian friends - I hate to see them so catastrophically misrepresented.
Honestly, I don't care what your opinions are. I have absolutely no desire for your respect, and Christianity doesn't need your respect either.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, your reading comprehension skills are non-existent, and you are malicious to boot, like most atheists I've met.
If this thread is the typical song and dance you present for your deity, it is no wonder you are treted this way all the time.

Are you claiming there has not once been a theist who has called you out on your bull ****?
I find that hard to believe.
though I can understand how it is you have just chosen to ignore it.
You are most skilled at that.

hiramabiff

If a man has a box, doesn't tell you what's in it, doesn't let you hold it, doesn't even let you see it, but he tells you that this box contains something valuable and it is worth a lifetime of devotion. Do you devote yourself to the mystery box? Or spend your time doing something else?

That's why people are skeptical. Some people see the idea as a mystery box and may not be worth a lifetime of dedication. So they pursue things that they can see, feel and know for sure.

Everyone sees the world differently.

gnostic

The Lost One
DawudTalut said:
Peace be on everyone.

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Edit / add: and what is the source of morality in life, of above mentioned people?

Why?

Because Christians and Muslims expect us to accept their archaic and superstitious books as the truth, without any physical evidence at all.

I might as well as believe in the tooth fairy, or ghouls and goblins as this supposed one god.

There is nothing more frightening than place faith in books full of myths and superstitions.

JerryL

No, your reading comprehension skills are non-existent, and you are malicious to boot, like most atheists I've met.
I do know who I am responding to. Even when told you responded to the wrong person, you didn't manage to figure it out.

Sonofason

If this thread is the typical song and dance you present for your deity, it is no wonder you are treted this way all the time.

Are you claiming there has not once been a theist who has called you out on your bull ****?
I find that hard to believe.
though I can understand how it is you have just chosen to ignore it.
You are most skilled at that.
Did you say something important?
Because if you did, I didn't notice.

Sonofason

Why?

Because Christians and Muslims expect us to accept their archaic and superstitious books as the truth, without any physical evidence at all.

I might as well as believe in the tooth fairy, or ghouls and goblins as this supposed one god.

There is nothing more frightening than place faith in books full of myths and superstitions.
No, your absolutely right. If you are going to continue to believe that the Bible is just a book full of myths and superstitions, you might as well just believe in the tooth fairy, or ghouls and goblins because you're certainly never going to experience God, unless you place some faith in the book.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No, your absolutely right. If you are going to continue to believe that the Bible is just a book full of myths and superstitions, you might as well just believe in the tooth fairy, or ghouls and goblins because you're certainly never going to experience God, unless you place some faith in the book.

Faith in a book based upon 2000 years of translations, interpretations and interpolations would be misplaced.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I believe I have a clue, and a Father who answers my prayers. And now I'm going to say a prayer for you. Good luck.

You can believe anything you want, it's what you can demonstrate and support with objective evidence that matters. The fact that you cannot and you know that you cannot just proves what absurd beliefs you actually have. Feel free to talk to yourself all you like, it won't change facts.