• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do YOU have the right to vote on MY rights?

standing_alone

Adding homosexuals to marriage would only corrupt it more by taking it further away from God's original intentions.

Homosexuals don't want religious marriage. They want secular marriage. Not all marriages are Christian marriages!

nutshell

standing_alone said:
So that's what marriage comes down to: the ability to have penile-vaginal sexual intercourse. And here us homosexuals thought is was about love and commitment.

The point is it's a man and a woman - the definition created by God Himself. Further, marriage for love is overrated if you ask me. Marriage cannot survive by love alone - you can quote me on that.

nutshell

standing_alone said:
Homosexuals don't want religious marriage. They want secular marriage. Not all marriages are Christian marriages!

But I believe all marriages are recognized by God.

For example:

If an unwed couple is having sex, I believe this is sin.
If they have a marriage -whether it's Christian or secular- it is no longer sin.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I couldn't care less what you think as long as you don't redefine marriage. How you like them apples?

Redefining marriage doesn't take away your rights. And I thought marriage was about love and families? I can love, I can have a family- it doesn't matter with who.

The definition of marriage seems to be inadequate for your present needs. It meets my needs just fine.

I seem to remember something about your right to polygamy being taken away...

Oh, so you don't want to get "married," then. You just want benefits and tax breaks. Tell you what, why doesn't the secular government give you that and you leave "marriage" to us since that is what we want.

I want to get married. I want the rights and recognisations that come with marriage. I want to be able to see my best friends get married.

Seperate but equal is not equal.

standing_alone

The point is it's a man and a woman - the definition created by God Himself

Wonderful. This is supposed to be a secular nation. If your God has a problem with my marriage he can send me to hell. You have no right to deny me marriage. You're no more holy than me.

marriage for love is overrated if you ask me.

So, then what's marriage about, to you?

But I believe all marriages are recognized by God.

Good for you! Why should your personal religious belief affect my rights as a citizen of a secular nation-state?

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
I was married by a Justice of the Peace and had absolutely no metion of any god or higher power other then "...the power vested in me by the STATE of..."
Are you saying that marrige wasn't lagit? Aside from the fact that we were getting married to make more money in the Navy that is. If marrige is only for those who believe it is sanctioned by god, then I want my money from the divorce lawyer back (we used the same one and only cost $500 but hey, if our marrige was a sham...).

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
So, then what's marriage about, to you?

One penis and one vagina. GLBT need not apply!

Wonderful. This is supposed to be a secular nation. If your God has a problem with my marriage he can send me to hell. You have no right to deny me marriage. You're no more holy than me.

Damn straight. If G-d has a problem with my homosexuality then let G-d let me burn.

Not you. You stay out of my rights and my life. You have no place to judge.

nutshell

spacemonkey said:
I was married by a Justice of the Peace and had absolutely no metion of any god or higher power other then "...the power vested in me by the STATE of..."
Are you saying that marrige wasn't lagit? Aside from the fact that we were getting married to make more money in the Navy that is. If marrige is only for those who believe it is sanctioned by god, then I want my money from the divorce lawyer back (we used the same one and only cost $500 but hey, if our marrige was a sham...).

You misunderstood me. It was legit. A higher power recognizes the marriage as secularly legal whether it's stated or not.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Of course, I don't believe he recognizes gay marriages.

And I know my G-d does.

Now shall we engage in a pissing contest or a childish squabble over who has the best imaginary friend or will you stop denying me human rights and trying to force me to live just like you?

nutshell

No one has yet to answer my original question so let me restate it.

Give me compelling evidence that same sex marrigage is a human right.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
stop saying such great stuff when I can't frubal you! when this country recognizes gay marriage, will you marry me?
biggrin.gif
You know it, and my dear, I proposed many months ago!:hearts: