• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
No, I do. I know what Christianity preaches about homosexuality. Since I can see you aren't a christian I would think you don't have a say in the matter.

Why does one have to practice Christianity to have a say in the matter? I would think reason and logic should have a say in it, too, right?

You're forgetting the fact that you don't know what Jesus preaches about homosexuality. From inferences made from reason and logic, I have concluded that, if he were to preach about it, he would preach that it was perfectly acceptable.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
How can I answer that question?..Except I will say Jesus would love me..protect me..He would be RAVAGED and TORTURED for me..In MY place...He the one without any SIN would not throw a single stone at my head...

Does that answer your question?

Love

Dallas

NOT CLOSE. Would Jesus be ok with you being gay? Does Jesus support a homosexual lifestyle? Simple yes or no questions. Stop bantering and answer it.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Why does one have to practice Christianity to have a say in the matter? I would think reason and logic should have a say in it, too, right?

You're forgetting the fact that you don't know what Jesus preaches about homosexuality. From inferences made from reason and logic, I have concluded that, if he were to preach about it, he would preach that it was perfectly acceptable.

I would think you would ahve to actually believe in Jesus to discuss him. There has to be a common form of reference.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, I do. I know what Christianity preaches about homosexuality. Since I can see you aren't a christian I would think you don't have a say in the matter.
I know what Christians preach about homosexuality as well.
So now the real question is:
What did JESUS preach about homosexuality?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I would think you would ahve to actually believe in Jesus to discuss him. There has to be a common form of reference.
This is merely a cop out on your part.
I would think that you would have actually have to follow the example set fourth by Jesus Christ himself before you can complain/whine/moan/groan/etc. that others are not.

Now your biggest problem is agreeing on which version of Jesus is the correct one....

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
NOT CLOSE. Would Jesus be ok with you being gay? Does Jesus support a homosexual lifestyle? Simple yes or no questions. Stop bantering and answer it.

He may ....He may be fine with it..What lifestyle he wouldnt be O.K with is a heterosexual man that would let hs wife die on purpous..Or anybody for that matter..He brought people back to life that were dead...Your ready to pack dirt on top of thier heads in obedience..

Jesus threw not one stone..you have a bag full..where did you get those stones?

Love

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Really? How about the common reference point being what the Church teaches about him? I can believe he was a great example of a human, and discuss him, too. I don't have to believe he's the "Son of God" to discuss his positions on these things.

Way to try to get out of the whole logic and reason thing, though. It was a valiant effort.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
He may ....He may be fine with it..What lifestyle he wouldnt be O.K with is a heterosexual man that would let hs wife die on purpous..Or anybody for that matter..He brought people back to life that were dead...Your ready to pack dirt on top of thier heads in obedience..

Jesus threw not one stone..you have a bag full..where did you get those?

Love

Dallas
Seems to me that he is much more concerned with "trapping" you into agreeing with him than he is with the truth of the matter.

opuntia

Religion is Law
God created male and female, after that we make our own paths--even in the selection of our sexual preferences. Pro-Choice adherents should be able to appreciate this.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Really? How about the common reference point being what the Church teaches about him? I can believe he was a great example of a human, and discuss him, too. I don't have to believe he's the "Son of God" to discuss his positions on these things.

Way to try to get out of the whole logic and reason thing, though. It was a valiant effort.

Yeah well he is not that sly...I learned how to get out or avoid traps a long time ago..

Love

Dallas

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You didn’t ask what Christianity preaches. You asked a hypothetical question about what Jesus would approve of. I am not completely convinced that they are the same thing.

I would think you would ahve to actually believe in Jesus to discuss him.
evidently not.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Jesus threw not one stone..you have a bag full..where did you get those stones?

Love

Dallas

rheff's question, which I think is a valid one, is what do you think Jesus would preach about homosexuality?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Here is a long, interesting essay on the subject, of particular interest to Christians.
I disagree, rheff, that you have to believe that Jesus existed to discuss his theoretical views. One could certainly discuss a fictional character's actions or views.
It seems to me that if Jesus thought it was a serious problem, he would have addressed it. Taking Christianity as true, Jesus had a limited time on earth to address humanity, and He chose to use that time to preach about loving one another and loving one's enemies, so I think it's safe to say that's what He thought was important, don't you?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

Yeah, stone them to death.

Yes he does. What Christian think effects everyone(if they practice what they preach).

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Dallas, if you think Jesus is ok with a homosexual lifestyle, that's what I was asking for. See, ti wasn't so hard. I'm not trying to trap anyone, I wanted an answer that for some reason Dallas refused to answer. NOW, Dallas went somewhere that I can't believe she went with my views on abortion. Dallas, I keep things in check, I NEVER went off on you for your choices on abortion. If you would like to debate that further, please start a thread. And, IMHO (and I would think most Christians) we believe what christianity preaches IS what Jesus taught. But I don't expect the non-christians on here to agree with that. To me, they are one in the same.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Dallas, if you think Jesus is ok with a homosexual lifestyle, that's what I was asking for. See, ti wasn't so hard. I'm not trying to trap anyone, I wanted an answer that for some reason Dallas refused to answer. NOW, Dallas went somewhere that I can't believe she went with my views on abortion. Dallas, I keep things in check, I NEVER went off on you for your choices on abortion. If you would like to debate that further, please start a thread. And, IMHO (and I would think most Christians) we believe what christianity preaches IS what Jesus taught. But I don't expect the non-christians on here to agree with that. To me, they are one in the same.

I did answer the question..I said He "may" be fine with it..So please stop making things up..I did not "refuse" to answer the question..And again I dont know why you feel you have authority over me to tell me to start another thread if I say something you dont like..I will post as I see fit as I have told you before unless directed otherwise by a moderator.

Blessings

Dallas

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Dallas, if you think Jesus is ok with a homosexual lifestyle, that's what I was asking for.
Personally, I assume that He wouldn't say anything to her about it at all, since that seems to be His approach to the topic in the Gospels.

See, ti wasn't so hard. I'm not trying to trap anyone, I wanted an answer that for some reason Dallas refused to answer.
So an outside observer, it did seem like you were trying to set a trap of the "there is no support for your position, therefore my contrary one should be accepted" variety.

And, IMHO (and I would think most Christians) we believe what christianity preaches IS what Jesus taught. But I don't expect the non-christians on here to agree with that. To me, they are one in the same.
I think that if that were true, foot-washing would be considered a Sacrament.

logician

"preaches IS what Jesus taught."

There are a number of contradictions in what the gospels record as the supposed Jesus teaching. Which teachings do you believe?