• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God considers himself credible. I dont get into comparing my credibility with anothers. I leave that up to god. What god thinks about autodidact is his business. The only clue i have is what is written in the word.

And there is a scripture in the bible that is of particular interest to me...the reason im even talking to the non-believers.

Ezekiel 3: 18 When I say to a wicked man, `You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

Even if id like to say..whatever works for you bro...go ahead and do it...im afraid god does not see it that way. BOTH our lives depend on it.

Heneni
Then, I guess you see Auto's word as credible as yours, from God's POV? Why should you have to "put in a good word?" Can Auto not stand on her own merits?

Ezekiel does not give us either license or mandate to be judgmental. Didn't Jesus teach you that in his log-and-speck lesson? Perhaps you were too busy telling the homosexuals that they were being morally degenerate to hear the lesson...

Heneni

Miss Independent
It's odd that even though you listed your religion as "no thanks" you're clearly religious.

The bible does not have copyright on it.

Then, I guess you see Auto's word as credible as yours, from God's POV? Why should you have to "put in a good word?" Can Auto not stand on her own merits?

Ezekiel does not give us either license or mandate to be judgmental. Didn't Jesus teach you that in his log-and-speck lesson? Perhaps you were too busy telling the homosexuals that they were being morally degenerate to hear the lesson...

I would only worry about my credibility if i was worried about my reputation. And since reputation is linked to ego, im not particularly inclined to save my reputation at the expense of telling the truth. Ill put in a good word for you too, when god wants to seperate the splinters from the beamers, he should pick you to do the job. We are all each others witnesses and god is the judge. I believe autodidact believes strongly that she is right, and im sure god has noticed that already. Of course i dont believe that god HAS to listen to my attempt to put in a good word, but i do believe that he finds my opinions interesting. I was only hinting at her excellent attempt to justify herself, to such an extent that she could actually be chosen to defend the atheists on judgement day.

I dont have the splinter of homosexual activity in my eye. So your argument for not judging is not valid in this case. We all have to judge what is right and what is wrong, but i dont have any say in her eternal destiny , and for that reason, i dont see why I cannot and may not make a judgement. When god judges it involves your eternal destiny. In my opinion if i sit on the fence i could be easily blown over. Its while you have the splinter in your eye, that you dont see the beam in the other persons eye. An eye with a splinter cant see! You believe that homosexuality is ok dont you? Perhaps that is your splinter then. PS: im not entirely convinced that you and i are serving the same god. My god has a solution to homosexuality, your god thinks the solution is the acceptance of it. My god says they are hurting themselves, your god thinks they are doing just fine. NO?

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I dont have the splinter of homosexual activity in my eye. So your argument for not judging is not valid in this case.

No, you have the plank of hypocrisy in yours, while you go on and on about the splinter of homosexuality in others', assuming that is even a bad thing at all, which it isn't to most reasonable people.

I'm not sure you understand the point of the splinter/plank analogy.

We all have to judge what is right and what is wrong...

Really? I thought that was God's job.

PS: im not entirely convinced that you and i are serving the same god.

If I were sojourner, I'd take that as a compliment.

Heneni

Miss Independent
quote]

Have you become a christian then,or are you one of those non-believers that like to teach the believers what god is really like?

I don't understand what you mean by "copyright", but you believe in and follow the bible, and thus that defines your religion.

Hello Father Heathen, so are we going to be friends one day then? God is my religion. There are many pieces of literature that have been written by people who are not of the christian faith, and make a lot of sense, and actually if you read it, there are many similarities between what they say and what the bible teaches.

:rolleyes:Just out of curiosity why do you call yourself a meanie?

Heneni

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
quote]

Have you become a christian then,or are you one of those non-believers that like to teach the believers what god is really like?

I was a Christian until I was about 18. I don't have to be a Christian, though, to understand an analogy. The point of the analogy is to say that you have your own problems (a plank in your own eye), so that's what you should be worrying about instead of someone else's sexuality, which you perceive to be bad (the splinter in their eye).

Hello Father Heathen, so are we going to be friends one day then? God is my religion. There are many pieces of literature that have been written by people who are not of the christian faith, and make a lot of sense, and actually if you read it, there are many similarities between what they say and what the bible teaches.

:rolleyes:Just out of curiosity why do you call yourself a meanie?

Heneni

Right, and if you follow the Bible, you would be considered a Christian by everyone I know of. It's not a bad thing. It just seems odd to claim that you have no religion when you clearly have one.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
“You can safely assume you have created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates the same people you do.” --Annie Lamott

I'm agnostic. I don't know if there is a deity or not, I've not seen any proof either way and I'm OK with that. It seems to me that if God does indeed hate homosexuals that I as a practicing homosexual should know firsthand of a deity's wrath for such behavior. I can tell you that I've never felt any hatred from any such deity but I've experienced it plenty from those professing to follow said deity. They cite an ancient book that's been translated many times and most of which modern followers don't practice anyway, at least not literally. Yet they insist on pulling out a few words here (we'll assume they are translated correctly) and a few words there and proceed to condemn me and my family without pausing a moment to take my experiences and truth into consideration. So when the question is asked, and it is asked often, "why does God hate homosexuals?" The only honest answer I can give from my experience is that God doesn't hate homosexuals, but watch out for those professing to speak in God's place!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
God considers himself credible. I dont get into comparing my credibility with anothers. I leave that up to god. What god thinks about autodidact is his business. The only clue i have is what is written in the word.

And there is a scripture in the bible that is of particular interest to me...the reason im even talking to the non-believers.

Ezekiel 3: 18 When I say to a wicked man, `You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

Even if id like to say..whatever works for you bro...go ahead and do it...im afraid god does not see it that way. BOTH our lives depend on it.

Heneni

Demonstrating once again how Christianity requires its followers to be rude and obnoxious.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Demonstrating once again how Christianity requires its followers to be rude and obnoxious.
I wouldn't say that Christianity as a whole requires that but definitely some of the more radical, conservative evangelical Christians can seem that way. I've found it best to just cover my ears when they start talking and sing, "La la la!" It puts me in a better mood than listening to their hated-filled drivel would.

wednesday

Jesus
Christianity trying to retain its strangle hold on the world has failed.

Homosexuality is only bad because the bible says so, if the bible told you that you all had to jump off a cliff would you do it?
I'm less inclined to respect the christian/catholic stance on homnosexuality when so much of their work is hypocritical, they say be yourself but criticise homosexuals for being themselves. Make up your mind and control your sheep.

sojourner

to such an extent that she could actually be chosen to defend the atheists on judgement day.
Why should the atheists need defending from a God who loves them, as much as God loves you and me?
Its while you have the splinter in your eye, that you dont see the beam in the other persons eye. An eye with a splinter cant see!
I b'lieve you've got the parable backward. The log is hypocrisy. The speck is homosexuality. it's the person with the log hoping to dig the speck out of his brother's eye. Check your Bible again...and don't go digging around in my eye!
You believe that homosexuality is ok dont you?
Homosexuality is OK for those who are homosexual. And they should be prudent, responsible and morally upright, just as heterosexuals are expected to be.
im not entirely convinced that you and i are serving the same god. My god has a solution to homosexuality, your god thinks the solution is the acceptance of it. My god says they are hurting themselves, your god thinks they are doing just fine. NO?
I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth...
I think we have different points of view with regard to what God is saying. If I err, I err on the side of love, forbearance, mercy, forgiveness, hospitality, compassion.

sojourner

“You can safely assume you have created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates the same people you do.” --Annie Lamott

I'm agnostic. I don't know if there is a deity or not, I've not seen any proof either way and I'm OK with that. It seems to me that if God does indeed hate homosexuals that I as a practicing homosexual should know firsthand of a deity's wrath for such behavior. I can tell you that I've never felt any hatred from any such deity but I've experienced it plenty from those professing to follow said deity. They cite an ancient book that's been translated many times and most of which modern followers don't practice anyway, at least not literally. Yet they insist on pulling out a few words here (we'll assume they are translated correctly) and a few words there and proceed to condemn me and my family without pausing a moment to take my experiences and truth into consideration. So when the question is asked, and it is asked often, "why does God hate homosexuals?" The only honest answer I can give from my experience is that God doesn't hate homosexuals, but watch out for those professing to speak in God's place!
I love Annie Lamott!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Christianity trying to retain its strangle hold on the world has failed.

Homosexuality is only bad because the bible says so, if the bible told you that you all had to jump off a cliff would you do it?
I'm less inclined to respect the christian/catholic stance on homnosexuality when so much of their work is hypocritical, they say be yourself but criticise homosexuals for being themselves. Make up your mind and control your sheep.

Ok, honestly.... far be it from me to ever try to quell someone's opinion, but posts like this just aren't helpful and can even be hurtful. Don't assume that just because someone is Christian/Catholic they are automatically against homosexuality or homosexuals. You want them to open their minds, open yours first!

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
If God hates Homosexuals why did he create them?

Sin is falling short of the glory of God. Sin is also breaking the law or commands of God. Sex ouside of marriage between a man and woman is sin against the rightful rule of God. Fornication between a man and woman outside of marriage is sin. Fornication betwen the same sex is sin too. Only God can determine perfectly what is morally right and wrong, because only God is Holy and morally perfect. Check out Romans chapter 1 on the subject of homosexuality. When we sin, we are rebelling against God who created and sustains the universe. We are alive and well by the grace of God and His gift of life. One day, God will withdraw the gift of life and we will have to give an account to the perfect justice of God. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, because we are all born in rebellion against God.

Romans 1

1Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David, 4and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith. 6And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
7To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

11I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. 13I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.

16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

God's Wrath Against Mankind

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Only God can determine perfectly what is morally right and wrong, because only God is Holy and morally perfect.
So, then, why do you presume to determine that homosexuality is morally wrong?

You may want to add a few verses to the list you presented...

Romans 14:4:

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10:

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

GayAtheist

but your point still doens't hold. It seems ya'lls rational is if it makes people happy, and hurts no one, do it. This will still have consequences. It would make me happy to walk around naked all the time, it doesn't hurt anyone physically (except I may burn their retina's out), MAYBE psychologically. But the thought of two homosexuals hurts me psychologically too. I don't see a difference.

Maybe you need some Electric Shock Treatment for your irrational psychological pain or a spell in a padded cell perhaps!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Oh wow, look! Fish-Hunter can copy and paste!

First, I would like to know what you think the source you copied this from means by this statement:
because we are all born in rebellion against God

Secondly, since I am not Roman or Christian, I would like to know why I should care about Paul's opinion to the Romans 2000 years ago?

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
So, then, why do you presume to determine that homosexuality is morally wrong?

You may want to add a few verses to the list you presented...

Romans 14:4:

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10:

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

Did you read Romans 1? There are other Bible verses too that defines sex outside of marriage between and a man and woman is sin, including both hetro and homo sex. Are you trying to say that God teaches that sex outside of marriage is not sin? Or, are you saying that God allows marriage between the same sex? The Bible should be taken as one book of revelation.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Did you read Romans 1? There are other Bible verses too that defines sex outside of marriage between and a man and woman is sin, including both hetro and homo sex. Are you trying to say that God teaches that sex outside of marriage is not sin?
I'm saying that these are two of the things that the Bible teaches:

- all knowledge of any mortal human is incomplete, imperfect and faulty.
- whether a person's actions and beliefs are correct is between him or her and God, not you.