• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them.
Yeah, that's so much better. Whore out the daughters. :sarcastic

Let's assume for the moment that story you just posted is true and translated correctly. The men wanted to RAPE the other men, to me that would be then a denunciation of homosexual rape, but not of a consensual relationship between two people who just happen to be of the same gender.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
God reavels His morally perfect will through the Holy Bible. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. How do you determine right from wrong Penguin. Why is your view more right than mine?
It's not; my view is right for me, and your view is right for you... if you go by Paul's Letter to the Romans:

Romans 14:5-6:
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Romans 14:13-14:
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
I guess the opening thread needs clarification when we are speaking about God. On this site, the word God can mean a million different gods. Homosexuality and fornication between a man and women outside of marriages are sins that can be forgiven in Christ. The requirment for Christianity is being a sinner.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
It's not; my view is right for me, and your view is right for you... if you go by Paul's Letter to the Romans:

Romans 14:5-6:
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Romans 14:13-14:
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

Paul is addressing the body of Christ and not all humanity.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Ah... so it's wrong for a Christian to judge a gay Christian, but okay for that Christian to judge a gay non-Christian?

It's okay for a Christian to be gay who restrains from sexual activity. It is a sin for straight Christians to have sex outside of marriage.

The morally upright unbeliever is in the same condemnation as the unbelieving gay. There is no difference between the morally self-righteous or the sexually loose hetro, or the gay unbeliever. All are under the wrath of God, apart from union with Christ. God's day of judgement is for His name sake and His own glory; therefore the unbeliever will ultimately lose his or her personal war against God. The only safe harbor from the coming day of wrath is found in Christ alone. Please consider the Word of God:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. John 3

GayAtheist

If its such for a problem for you vengeful "god", then let him bring it on and tell us. I'm sure it doesn't need some random followers to use their "god" to justify their own prejudices and bigotry!

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
If its such for a problem for you vengeful "god", then let him bring it on and tell us. I'm sure it doesn't need some random followers to use their "god" to justify their own prejudices and bigotry!

I interpert this as picking a fight with the One true God, correct? If you want to know this One True God and understand His ways, just buy a large print modern English translation Bible and start reading for yourself. I recommend a large print NIV, NASB, or ESV. God will receive you into His kingdom on His terms alone. I would not listen to anyone on this site including myself; just start reading the Bible starting with the gospel of Matthew working through the entire New Testament first.

Amazon.com: niv large print bible

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I interpert this as picking a fight with the One true God, correct? If you want to know this One True God and understand His ways, just buy a large print modern English translation Bible and start reading for yourself. I recommend a large print NIV, NASB, or ESV. God will receive you into His kingdom in His terms alone.

Are you under the impression that Gay Atheist has not read the Bible? I certainly have, and it did an excellent job of ensuring that I will never be a Christian, as it is a contradictory mish-mosh of ancient superstition, stolen myths, poetry, inaccurate military history, animal sacrifice instructions, and barbaric tribal taboos.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Are you under the impression that Gay Atheist has not read the Bible? I certainly have, and it did an excellent job of ensuring that I will never be a Christian, as it is a contradictory mish-mosh of ancient superstition, stolen myths, poetry, inaccurate military history, animal sacrifice instructions, and barbaric tribal taboos.

Please try reading Romans 9 for a fresh perspective. Did you read the account of why Jesus spoke in parables? Please consider reading through the entire New Testament again.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Please try reading Romans 9 for a fresh perspective. Did you read the account of why Jesus spoke in parables? Please consider reading through the entire New Testament again.
Life is too short. If I'm going to read religious works, I prefer ones that demonstrate some insight into human nature and the world, such as Buddhist or Taoist texts. I mean, why would a book that spends page after page telling me exactly what animals to sacrifice to Yahweh and how, or listing all of the tribes that Yahweh commanded the Israelites to slaughter, and how successfully they slaughtered them, be of interest to me?

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Life is too short. If I'm going to read religious works, I prefer ones that demonstrate some insight into human nature and the world, such as Buddhist or Taoist texts. I mean, why would a book that spends page after page telling me exactly what animals to sacrifice to Yahweh and how, or listing all of the tribes that Yahweh commanded the Israelites to slaughter, and how successfully they slaughtered them, be of interest to me?

Because the Holy Bible is the all time best seller claiming to be God-breathed. Did Buddah rise from the dead to confirm his teaching and wisdom? I think only one historical central figure claimed to rise from the death and have billions believe Him in the 21st Century. The claims of the historical Jesus Christ is so radical that he was either a raving lunatic, the greatest liar of all of history, or He was and is who He claims to be...the Lord (God in the flesh).

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Because the Holy Bible is the all time best seller claiming to be God-breathed. Did Buddah rise from the dead to confirm his teaching and wisdom? I think only one historical central figure claimed to rise from the death and have billions believe Him in the 21st Century.

Let me get what you're saying. I would want to read the Bible because it claims that someone rose from the dead? To me that's a good reason to regard it as a very silly book indeed, and highly unlikely to be accurate or correct. Or you're saying that I should believe the Bible because millions of other people do? Is that how you form your opinions, based on what millions of other people believe? And as for the things that are claimed to be unique about Jesus, they seem too obviously to be derived from other popular myths of the day, such as Mithras, who was born to a virgin, buried in a tomb, rose from the dead after three days and so forth. Are you familiar with Him? Back then, all the popular Gods were born to virgins and rose from the dead. It was quite the fad among Gods.

GayAtheist

Because the Holy Bible is the all time best seller claiming to be God-breathed. Did Buddah rise from the dead to confirm his teaching and wisdom? I think only one historical central figure claimed to rise from the death and have billions believe Him in the 21st Century.

Well the fact that the bible is contradictory, and hypocritical would suggest its lack of accuracy. If it is the word of your "god" perhaps he ought to go back to school! Its the biggest load of hate-filled rubbish I have ever laid my hands on. I wouldn't allow anyone I loved to fill their heads with such rubbish and have destroyed any copies that I have come across.

"Jesus" is not a historical figure that is proven to exist, never mind die and then rise from the dead. Just because billions believe in "his" existence, doesn't make him anymore real than the billions that have read about Harry Potter.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Well the fact that the bible is contradictory, and hypocritical would suggest its lack of accuracy. If it is the word of your "god" perhaps he ought to go back to school! Its the biggest load of hate-filled rubbish I have ever laid my hands on. I wouldn't allow anyone I loved to fill their heads with such rubbish and have destroyed any copies that I have come across.

"Jesus" is not a historical figure that is proven to exist, never mind die and then rise from the dead. Just because billions believe in "his" existence, doesn't make him anymore real than the billions that have read about Harry Potter.

I think the biggest reason that you should consider reading the Bible is that by not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are calling God a liar.

1 John 5:10:
Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

GayAtheist

I think the biggest reason that you should consider reading the Bible is that by not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ. you are calling God a liar.

I'm too old for fairy tales, as I think you probably are. I can't call your "god" a liar because he doesn't exist either. They're all imaginary friends for the delusional.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

- because it's central to the beliefs of the majority of people in North America and has informed and shaped the history of every society in the Western world, and therefore is an important part in understanding our culture, how we arrived at it and how it works now.
- because despite the objectionable parts, there are some pearls of wisdom in it.
- because you never know if you'll like it until you try it. :)

Because the Holy Bible is the all time best seller claiming to be God-breathed.
It actually seems to be a toss-up. Mao's Little Red Book claims as many copies as the Bible and it's only been in existence for about 2% of the time.

Actually, some of the Epistles bear a striking resemblance to parts of the Bhagavad Gita... in places, they're almost interchangeable (though in other parts, they're completely incompatible).

The claims of the historical Jesus Christ is so radical that he was either a raving lunatic, the greatest liar of all of history, or He was and is who He claims to be...the Lord (God in the flesh).
... or he's an expression of wishful thinking
... or he's an analogy by which we are meant to learn some greater truth
... or he's an amalgam of religions that came before
... or he's an outright fabrication

There are lots of other options.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I think the biggest reason that you should consider reading the Bible is that by not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are calling God a liar.

1 John 5:10:
Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

Now I realize that for deeply religious people like you thinking is not your main way of dealing with the world, so you may find this hard. Do you know what it means to assume what you're trying to figure out or show? Do you understand why this is never a good way to proceed? Do you see how you have done that?

You are trying to establish that Yahweh is God. To do that, you state that Yahweh is God. That's not going to work.

Obviously, if I write a book and put in there that it's God's book, and that anyone who doesn't believe in it is calling God a liar, that's no reason to believe that book, right?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
- because it's central to the beliefs of the majority of people in North America and it's informed and shaped the history of every society in the Western world.
- because despite the objectionable parts, there are some pearls of wisdom in it.
- because you never know if you'll like it until you try it. :)
I read it once. He wants me to re-read one section in particular. I think everyone should know about it, but I don't think I need to go back and review. I can retain the gist. I tend to guess that I know more about it than Fish-Hunter; that's my usual experience with Christians.