• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

GayAtheist

Well you assume that he even existed in the first place. If he did exist, there is nothing to say that he preached anything. The words of the bible are not words of "god" or jesus, but the words of those who wrote and translated it (many years after the events supposedly happened), and probably coincide with the views of those wirters/translators.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well you assume that he even existed in the first place.
I do? Why do you say that?
Do you have something to indicate that Jesus did not exist? That I have to assume he existed? I present the Bible that Jesus existed/exists.
What evidence have you that Jesus did not exist?
Lack of proof is not proof, it is merely lack of proof.

If he did exist, there is nothing to say that he preached anything.
I disagree.
Try reading the Bible.
There are several different versions.
And guess what, JESUS PREACHES IN IT!!
It is true.
Read it and you will see it for yourself.

The words of the bible are not words of "god" or jesus, but the words of those who wrote and translated it (many years after the events supposedly happened), and probably coincide with the views of those wirters/translators.
And you "know" this how?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well you assume that he even existed in the first place. If he did exist, there is nothing to say that he preached anything. The words of the bible are not words of "god" or jesus, but the words of those who wrote and translated it (many years after the events supposedly happened), and probably coincide with the views of those wirters/translators.
Well, include the hypothetical or fictional Jesus. What did He preach about homosexuality?

GayAtheist

I do? Why do you say that?
Do you have something to indicate that Jesus did not exist? That I have to assume he existed? I present the Bible that Jesus existed/exists.

Being that there is no historical proof of this persons existence, thats enough!

I present the writings of J.K. Rowlings that proves Harry Potter exists.Not a lot of difference!

What evidence have you that Jesus did not exist?
So 2,000 years without proof isn't strong enough, but a poorly written fairy tale book is. You have to be taking the p*ss!

I disagree.
Try reading the Bible.
There are several different versions.
And guess what, JESUS PREACHES IN IT!!
It is true.
Read it and you will see it for yourself.
I have had the misfortune to read it. Doesn't prove anything. Its full of badly written, contradictory, hypocritical stories from illiterate fools of the dark ages. The fact that there are differing versions, should worry you. The fact that most of the stories are plaigarised from the pagans years earlier should be proof of the inaccuracy of it.

Again, I will say this fictional "jesus" character preaches nothing but what the writers depicted as being said - makes it no more true!

And you "know" this how?
Common sense!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Being that there is no historical proof of this persons existence, thats enough!
You must have missed that the first time around.

I present the writings of J.K. Rowlings that proves Harry Potter exists.Not a lot of difference!
Red herring.
Is it possible for you to stay on topic?
Or is everyone of your run into left field you conceding that particular point?

So 2,000 years without proof isn't strong enough, but a poorly written fairy tale book is. You have to be taking the p*ss!
Passion rules reason.
Of course, you have yet to present any reason in this discussion, just passion...

I have had the misfortune to read it. Doesn't prove anything. Its full of badly written, contradictory, hypocritical stories from illiterate fools of the dark ages. The fact that there are differing versions, should worry you. The fact that most of the stories are plaigarised from the pagans years earlier should be proof of the inaccuracy of it.
Actually it does prove you flat out wrong when you claimed:
"If he did exist, there is nothing to say that he preached anything."
Do I really need to fully explain why the Bible shows you are wrong, or do you think you can figure it out on your own?

Again, I will say this fictional "jesus" character preaches nothing but what the writers depicted as being said - makes it no more true!
And you still present nothing productive.
Got anything other than your extremely biased opinion?
Funny also that you contradict yourself here.
Would you please make up your mind...Either Jesus did preach something or he didn't.

Common sense!
You have not displayed any as of yet.
Did you plan on starting sometime soon?

gnomon

If God hates Homosexuals why did he create them?

God had some people batter left over and gave it to the Archangel Lynde to make what he could. God saw the archangel's creation and saw that not only was it good but that it was too good.

That's why they say God is a jealous God.

Yes! More lame humor from gnomon!:yes:

Smoke

Done here.
To save time, I've collected all of Jesus' statements about homosexuality.

To save even more time, I've also collected all of his statements about transgendered people, abortion, and being anyone's personal savior. This should serve as a handy reference for anybody who wants to check just how closely the teachings of certain Christians line up with the teachings of Jesus.

All of Jesus' statements on these subjects can be found in the box below;

box.gif

GayAtheist

You must have missed that the first time around.

No I didn't miss it, I just didn't choose to comment on this logical fallacy.

Red herring.
Is it possible for you to stay on topic?
It is relevant to the conversation. You claim that the bible is proof for the so called preachings of "jesus". I was using Harry Potter as such an example using your logic (or lack of!)

Or is everyone of your run into left field you conceding that particular point?
Sorry only understand English

Actually it does prove you flat out wrong when you claimed:
"If he did exist, there is nothing to say that he preached anything."
Do I really need to fully explain why the Bible shows you are wrong, or do you think you can figure it out on your own?
You are assuming the bible is true as well. So, if he did exist, (AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE) the lines in the bible, don't prove he preached anything. They are simply stories written by people years after the event, so could be exaggerated, lies or plain fiction!

And you still present nothing productive.
And what is yours based on? Apart from fairy tales?

Funny also that you contradict yourself here.
Would you please make up your mind...Either Jesus did preach something or he didn't.
The burden of proof isn't on me. If you read it properly it says nothing of the sort.

You have not displayed any as of yet.
Did you plan on starting sometime soon?
Maybe you have been deficient in common sense for so long, you don't know what it looks like!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No I didn't miss it, I just didn't choose to comment on this logical fallacy.
I do not suspect that you would want to comment on your own logical fallacy.
But I did.
In fact, i commented on it before you even presented it.
Care to try again?
Or do you propose that your lack of proof is proof enough?

It is relevant to the conversation. You claim that the bible is proof for the so called preachings of "jesus". I was using Harry Potter as such an example using your logic (or lack of!)
So now we know that both Jesus and Harry Potter exist.
What now?

Sorry only understand English
I disagree, but that is for another thread.

You are assuming the bible is true as well.
I make no such assumption.
I merely presented it as evidence, something you have not presented, evidence, that Jesus existed.
What do you have again?

Oh yeah, you took off into left field about proving Harry Potter exists.

So, if he did exist, (AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE) the lines in the bible, don't prove he preached anything.
I never said they did.
I merely presented the Bible as evidence that he did.
What is it that you have to show he didn't?
Oh yeah, your ad nauseum, "he didn't exist."

They are simply stories written by people years after the event, so could be exaggerated, lies or plain fiction!
So this means that they cannot possibly be true?
Talk about making assumptions.

And what is yours based on? Apart from fairy tales?
Nice try at dodging the question.
Are you actually going to answer it or are you merely going to avoid it:
The burden of proof isn't on me. If you read it properly it says nothing of the sort.
You made the assertion that Jesus did not preach anything.
I refuted by presenting the Bible as evidence that Jesus did preach.
Now we are waiting on you to stop with the avoidance and deal with the topic or concede the point.

Maybe you have been deficient in common sense for so long, you don't know what it looks like!
Maybe.
Or it could be that you do not possess as much as what you would like others to think....

GayAtheist

I make no such assumption.
I merely presented it as evidence, something you have not presented, evidence, that Jesus existed.

Which of course it is not.

I never said they did.
I merely presented the Bible as evidence that he did.
Again, the bible proves nothing.

So this means that they cannot possibly be true?
Talk about making assumptions.
Well the hypocrisy, contradictions and inaccuracies would suggest so.

Nice try at dodging the question.
Are you actually going to answer it or are you merely going to avoid it:

I have opinion, as do you!

You made the assertion that Jesus did not preach anything.
No I made the assertion that he didn't exist and therefore anything he supposedly preached was from the imagination of the writers, not from this fictional character!

I refuted by presenting the Bible as evidence that Jesus did preach.
Now we are waiting on you to stop with the avoidance and deal with the topic or concede the point.
The bible is proof of diddly squat. You present a decent argument, then you will get a decent answer!