• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does it seem that God never intervenes in Human Suffering

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
I was (and I didn't believe that the entire OT was obsolete).
I am asking YOU a question about something YOU said.

I didn't say that the entire Old Testament was obsolete, you just did. I said that the Mosaic Laws were fulfilled making the laws obsolete. Could you not understand what I was saying or are you being pernickety intentionally.? By your logic I would think that the foretelling of the coming of Christ was a lie when it clearly wasn't. Or that to commit adultery and sexual sin was OK because the Law had been fulfilled when it is clearly not OK and the Beatitudes said that not only must you not commit adultery but even if you look at a woman with lust in your eyes, so have you committed adultery. The original Law remains but it has been augmented, fulfilled.

Like I pointed out to you before (to which you disagreed) - all Christians aren't the same and don't believe all the same things. Just like all atheists don't believe the same things, nor Muslims, or any other large group of people.

No, I didn't disagree I gave you my opinion, which was not a disagreement.
There is no diatribe here (I suggest you look up the word to clarify how you've misused it). There is a question directly related to something you said. That's how things work in internet forums.

I did, and my use of the word diatribe was correct, however, my grammar is not being debated here and you would look quite inept if you could not understand what my point was if you thought the misuse of one word would render my post eligible to you

djhwoodwerks

Exactly, In Christianity only Christians go to heaven, not non-Christians.

A lot of rhetoric without real or scriptural evidence, That's the kind of ignorance you get from assuming.

That's funny, a non-Christian knows more than one who "claims" to know scripture and is a Christian.

Matthew 5:20 (ESV Strong's) 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23 (ESV Strong's) 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

John 3:3-6 (ESV Strong's) 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:9 (ESV Strong's) 9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

There are many, many more scriptural proof that non-Christians will not enter heaven.

djhwoodwerks

Deuteronomy is a record of a people who lived under the Mosaic Law of physical consequences in order to stifle the poor choices of mankind. Jesus Christ fulfilled that law during the beatitudes and introduced the Abrahamic Covenant. That, effectively, renders the Old Testament obsolete. When ever you hear criticism of Christianity it is always the Old Testament that is used, even though Christianity did not exist then as there was no Christ to follow because of the wickedness of those people, they had to have the Mosaic Law in order to keep them under control, like the Iraqis needed Saddam Hussein to keep them under control. When he was removed they went wild, as the people of those times would have done if the Mosaic Law was removed before it was.

I didn't say that the entire Old Testament was obsolete, you just did.

Yes you did!

djhwoodwerks

Under your avatar you say you are a Christian. Did you know that?

It is called the Sermon on the Mount. Nobody knows where the Beatitudes where given, other than it was a mount, see the picture below this is the picture that my mind see when I contemplate the Beatitudes, however, that is irrelevant to the point I was making, that is, that the Beatitudes fulfilled te Mosaic Law. I am sure that my error in location would not have prevented you from understanding my point, which means your critique is malicious. You are a Christian. Right?

That would be correct!

You're saying that the "beatitudes" from Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic law? Not Jesus living a perfect life?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Thank you for the revealing, sanctimonious and condescending English lesson, amidst a debate on religion, however, my use of the word "diatribe" is correct. Such acrimony tells us exactly who you are and the lengths you are prepared to goto in order to win a point other than by honest and informed debate. I am sure that you understood my point perfectly before you made this gratuitous criticism

di·a·tribe
ˈdīəˌtrīb/
noun
  1. a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
    "a diatribe against the Roman Catholic Church"
    synonyms: tirade, harangue, onslaught, attack, polemic, denunciation, broadside, fulmination, condemnation, censure, criticism;:p
    informalblast;
    literaryphilippic
    "the ongoing debate about the desirability of single-gender education"
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=active&q=define+denunciation

Under your avatar you say you are a Christian. Did you know that?
My question was not a diatribe. It was a question.

Are you suggesting that poster is not a real Christian?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I didn't say that the entire Old Testament was obsolete, you just did. I said that the Mosaic Laws were fulfilled making the laws obsolete. Could you not understand what I was saying or are you being pernickety intentionally.? By your logic I would think that the foretelling of the coming of Christ was a lie when it clearly wasn't. Or that to commit adultery and sexual sin was OK because the Law had been fulfilled when it is clearly not OK and the Beatitudes said that not only must you not commit adultery but even if you look at a woman with lust in your eyes, so have you committed adultery. The original Law remains but it has been augmented, fulfilled.
Another poster has already pointed out that you did say the Old Testament was obsolete, which is also what I took from your post (pretty much word for word). So maybe both of us misunderstood you, OR you didn't relate your message clearly enough. Which is fine, if you want to clarify, but no need to get all snippy about it.

What parts of the OT exactly are you saying are obsolete then? Not the ten commandments. Not the "prophecies." Not the story of Job. How about all the stuff about torturing and killing gay people or unruly children? It sounds like you're saying only the stuff you don't like about it is obsolete.

No, I didn't disagree I gave you my opinion, which was not a disagreement.
You did disagree. And you disagreed that all atheists don't all believe the exact same things as well.

You couldn't even agree with me that you don't worship the same god(s) as people from all kinds of other different faiths do (which seems rather obvious to me).

I did, and my use of the word diatribe was correct, however, my grammar is not being debated here and you would look quite inept if you could not understand what my point was if you thought the misuse of one word would render my post eligible to you
It was a question. Relax. In all these words you've posted, you still haven't even answered that question.

Also, I didn't say a single thing about your grammar.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
In your opinion, right?
No, in actuality.

You don’t worship Thor, right? You don’t worship Vishnu, right? You don’t worship Allah, right? All of these gods (plus thousands of others) have different and/or contradictory qualities attributed to them. Therefore, you don’t worship the same god as everybody else does (or has).

Only it sounds like you are assuming authority over the God that I believe that I worship.
Huh?

Yes we do, however, God is a constant, it is us who portrays Him under different guises and characters.

So you say.

When I look at history I see that people have worshipped thousands of different deities, all with varying characteristics and qualities that change over time based on human knowledge and understanding of the world around us. It used to be that humans attributed lightning to the gods because we couldn’t understand it. Not so much anymore, now that we understand how lightning works. Ideas of god(s) have evolved and changed very much over the course of human history.

It seems like a big stretch to me, to declare that all of the thousands of gods that have been (and many of which still are) worshiped throughout our history are all actually just the same god – and of course, it’s the one YOU believe in.

It’s obvious to me that humans just make up gods to explain things we don’t understand.

That is an irrelevance, it is how we live our lives and the moral principles we all strive to follow, as believers, that matters. We all aspire to love one another, and all that entails.

It’s not irrelevant if everybody thinks different things about how to live a moral life.

Your eyes are only partially open. You see what you want to see and you criticize with blatant bias. Your perspective has been tainted by the evil designs of the scientific method, that has become your God, and without you even noticing it. Satan does not drag people into his hell kicking and screaming, no, he leads them carefully and with great subtlety into his residence..

I say your eyes are only partially open if you would deny the great contributions of the scientific method to our understanding of the world.

The scientific method is not evil. It’s not a living being. It’s just a method used to determine the factual nature of the reality we live in.

Sorry, I don’t believe in the existence of demons.

And by what evidence is your opinion based on.

Umm, by the fact that they are addressing two different things?

Aliens could exist somewhere in the universe without ever having visited earth and abducted human beings. Hence why I say the existence of aliens, and the existence of alien abductions of human beings are two different things.

I have no idea, however, my mind is open, as I said.

So in this case you have no idea if people are lying or mistaken, but you think they’re definitely not lying or mistaken when it comes to god claims? That’s what I’m trying to get you to think about.

Your judgment of those people is based on your own beliefs, which does not include deity. You obviously do not see that you are one of those people, just not with the reality of God and His creations.

Yeah, it’s based on the belief that people should believe true things. Call me crazy.

Everyone’s judgments of things are based on their beliefs. I find it disconcerting that people would believe, or want to believe things without compelling evidence. Like I said, I’m a person that cares about what is true, regardless of what I want to believe.

Then your criteria for belief is flawed and governed by your worldly interpretation of what constitutes evidence, either way, it portrays bigotry and shallow mindedness by only using mankinds ideas of evidence.

It’s flawed to say that since there is no compelling evidence for the existence of a thing, that I’m not going to believe in the existence of that thing? How do you figure? Should I ask again if you believe in bigfoot and fairies?

And how do you figure that such a position is bigoted and shallow-minded?? Please elaborate.

If you believe that I am trying to tell you what you should believe then you have no concept of free will. Only you can make that choice and only you will be held accountable for your choices. I cannot tell you to do anything.

I didn’t say that. I said you were telling me what you think I believe rather than pointing out what claim you think it was that I made, as I had asked you to do.

I’m still waiting for you to point out the claim you think I was making.

Yes, by looking it up in the dictionary my belief has been confirmed. An a-theist is the opposite of theist, which I have explained.

I provided further explanation as well, from the point of view of an atheist.

Atheists simply lack belief in god(s). That’s the one and only thing all atheists have in common.

If you have to ask then telling you would be pointless.

Cop out answer.

I was demonstrating that you erred in your claim about atheists being diverse in there beliefs when atheists are just the opposite of theists, and nothing more.

No error was made. You’ve not understood what I have said.

Atheists share one thing in common – a lack of belief in god(s). That is it. Atheists can and do have any number of other beliefs that they don’t all share in common. Atheists are extremely diverse in their beliefs, just like any other group of people. One atheist can be a capitalist, while another can be a communist. One atheist may believe in alien abductions while another may not. One atheist may believe in ghosts while another thinks that people who believe in ghosts are nuts. And on and on. To claim that atheists are not diverse in their beliefs is fallacious.

You would think!
Feel free to do so.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I was raised in a western society where Christianity is the most common religion. My parents were Catholic and Church of England. They taught us the principles of the Christian faith. I could have been a Muslim or a Hindu if I had of been born in the right place and I would still be living a morally principled existence, just worshipping another version of the same God that I worship now. I would not be worshipping Thor or fairies.

So the compelling evidence that points to the existence of the specific god you believe in is that you were raised to believe in it? That’s some weak evidence, if you ask me.

If you lived in ancient Greece you would have believed in and worshipped Zeus and Apollo. As you say, geography matters. Zeus and Apollo are definitely not “another version of the same god” you worship now.

That is silliness that atheists use to give an extreme appearance on religion, many of which are copy cat sheep followers, mimicking other atheists.

Can you clarify what you mean by this sentence?

You just agreed with me above that geography is a strong factor in determining what god beliefs people will have. I would say time period is a factor as well.

These straw men you mention, called Allah, Vishnu and Thor, do they have the same following as Christianity does and the same objective?

There’s no strawman here. What I said speaks directly to the point we are discussing. Those are actual gods that people worship (and have worshiped in the past).

Apparently there are 1.6 billion people in the world who worship Allah and there are 1 billion Hindus in the world. Appealing to numbers doesn’t help your argument.

The number of people who believe, nor the objective of the religion(s) speaks to the truth of the claims those religions make.

Where is the connection between them and Christianity, which, I believe, is the point being contested and not some unrepresentative straw man.

The connection is that they are all religions practiced by human beings.

Just because I believe in God does not make a belief in the cookie monster tenable. It is a rediculous conclusion to come to. I fail to see their relevance in your retort. Your straw man is so weak that it has fallen over without needing to be knocked down. The argument that you replace my argument with just is not a tenable comparison . There is no comparison between them and my beliefs so to use them as an analogy is fallacious illogical and therefore meaningless. I am sure that although this is yet another case of you using straw men to win an argument you will deny that it does not even resemble the logical fallacy of using Straw Men, that is : "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition". I have told you about this many times now, so why are you ignoring it?

I’m not talking about the Cookie Monster. I’m talking about the other gods human beings believe(d) in. I’m not making a straw man argument. I’m not making an analogy. We are talking about how to determine whether or not something exists (deities, in this case) and what kind of evidence is compelling enough to lead someone to believe in the existence of something. You’ve also made the assertion that theists are all worshiping different versions of the same god. So it’s not a straw man to reference the thousands of other gods that human beings worship (and their differences) in such a discussion.

How can someone determine which religion, and therefore which god, is the real one, when billions of people currently (and throughout the course of human history) have believed in the existence of thousands of different gods, just as fervently as you believe in the god you worship?

As you well know, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, however, the figure prints of God can be seen everywhere, there is plenty of evidence if you look with eyes that are completely opened and not half shut critical eye.

Absence of evidence is not a compelling reason to believe in a thing, imo.

What fingerprints am I supposed to be looking at? Where can I find this god? Why hasn’t anyone ever been able to demonstrate the existence of any god(s)?

Are you telling me people have to put away their critical thinking skills when it comes to belief in god? What does that tell you about that belief? It tells me that it’s based on wishful thinking.

Nah, i usually can decipher comments like this but I cannot make head nor tales of this.

What do you need me to clarify?

I lack belief in god(s).

I want to believe things that are true and strive to do so.

What I personally wish to be true doesn’t speak at all to the actual truth of a thing.

Do you know what it means to preach.

Yeppers.

I originally said "So you are a nonbeliever than. You don't believe that the God, that I know exists, actually exists. You actually believe that he does not exists and that I, and all others who make the same claim as me, are in fact liars or mentally challenged.

The statement is based on logical reasoning. If you do not believe that God exists then the alternative can only be that anyone who says that He does exist is in fact speaking a falsehood, according to your beliefs it is not a truth. They are lying, whether you think it is intentional or the result of a mental illness, it is not the actual truth in your mind. You are, therefore, calling them liars. The words origins are from your mouth, they are not placed there by anybody else.

Those are the words you put in my mouth. I have never said any such thing and I find your logic to be flawed. What I’ve already said, I will restate again:

What I said was that people are commonly mistaken and/or misled about things without even knowing it. Human beings are subject to all kinds of psychological biases that most of us are not even aware of. One does not have to suffer from mental retardation or consciously lie in order to be mistaken or misled about something they believe. Tons of people in this world believe all kinds of things that aren’t true about all kinds of different things. Ever heard of “old wives tales?” They’re called that for a reason.

Yes, inadvertantly, that is exactly what you said. Believers think contrary to you. You believe that you are right so they must be wrong. You are telling the truth and they are lying. That is what you said. Human beings are none to be wrong or mistaken, however, 2.2 billion mistaken individuals, really?

It’s not exactly what I said. It’s exactly what YOU said.

I’ve stated several times that is not what I said, nor meant to say, nor implied. I clarified very specifically, what I think about it.

Humans beings are commonly and regularly mistaken and/or misled.

So, do you believe that when I categorize you as an atheist, because you are an atheist, you think that the category of atheists is in someway demonic? If that is what you believe that I am doing then you are wrong in your appraisal of me. I am a Christian. I know the consequences of such immoral iniquity. I admit to tarring you with the atheist brush, not to demonising you. You have misrepresented me, again.

By the word “demonize” I mean, “to portray as wicked or threatening,” as you have done. You said yourself that you had hoped to tar me.

Christians aren’t immune from doing things that are wrong, inaccurate, incorrect, immoral, etc. as you keep trying to say. They’re human, just like anybody else.

No, I was not wrong in my opinion in this case. In my experience with forum atheists, such as yourself, I am 100% correct. It is not unusuals for a dedicated atheist to accuse a Christian of being mentally deranged for believing in someone who they believe doesn't exist.

You may be correct if you were speaking to some other atheist who had actually said that, but you are wrong about it when you are talking to me. YOU ARE WRONG IN THIS CASE. I said no such things. Please stop repeating it.

That I believe in God is very much representative of all converted Christians. That I strive to adhere to the principles and commandments, given to us by God, is also very representative of Christianity. That I believe that murder is a sin, as is adultery, sexual perversion, dishonoring your parents, judging, stealing, envying, etc etc is exemplification of Christianity. I would say that I am representative of a converted Christian, however, I believe you confuse me with psuedo Christians who add to the Bible, preach false doctrine and alter doctrine to fit in with mans false interpretations, of which there are many examples.

One single person does not represent all Christians. Especially given that there are thousands of denominations in existence. Another Christian may tell me that it is you who is the pseudo Christian.

Serenity7855

That's funny, a non-Christian knows more than one who "claims" to know scripture and is a Christian.

Not really, he is just wrong.

Matthew 5:20 (ESV Strong's) 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23 (ESV Strong's) 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

John 3:3-6 (ESV Strong's) 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Romans 8:9 (ESV Strong's) 9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

There are many, many more scriptural proof that non-Christians will not enter heaven.

All of those scriptures are not beyond interpretation, so, it would seem as though what you interpret is undeniably correct when there are, in fact, no scriptures that specifically say that only Christians will go to heaven. All of those scripture describe the characteristics of those who will be considered for a place in heaven, not whether they are Christians or Hindu. Besides, there were no Christians when Christ walked the earth. Christianity began its existence 300 years after Christ died. It was created by a bunch of old men who defined it as they believed it to be. Just based on the fact that they decided upon the existence of a trinity as being the true nature of God tells us how reliable there beliefs were. It, like all religions, is not authorised by Christ, therefore, it is a man made organisation to which you are stating that only those who belong to that man made organisation will enter the Kingdom of God, how very elitist. You are making the judgement day completely unnecessary. I believe that anyone who strives to live a Christ centred life and are judged to be worthy, will be given entry into the Kingdom of God. That is the hub of Christianity and not the pigeon holing of men. Worthiness and not membership in a man made social club.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Serenity7855

I'd love to see an example of what you consider "taunting Christians." (That's with an "s" on the end, by the way.)

Right there when you bring up a grammatical error that does not prevent you from understanding the point I was making.

A study from the University of Michigan has said that those who constantly correct grammar, or so-called “Grammar Police,” are nothing but a bunch of jerks. The study states that one’s personality influences how someone will react to errors seen on social media or in emails.

The experiment from UM checked out how both introverted and extroverted people reacted to the typos they see in emails. Once all was said and done, they learned that those who weren’t really socially-inclined ended up judging “the person who makes such errors more negatively.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2954731/sc...matical-errors-are-jerks/#MWllMAvWWvi1UaBh.99

Serenity7855

That would be correct!

But your beliefs do not reflect that.
You're saying that the "beatitudes" from Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic law? Not Jesus living a perfect life?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. He took the Mosaic Laws and He fulfilled them, when He introduced the Beatitudes, It is pretty obvious that is what He did. How would His perfect life change the Mosaic Laws? Where is the connections? Where is the evidence? This is what casts a degree of dubiety on your claim to be a Christian, false doctrine intended to deceive.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
God does and doesnt intervene. He sends us a Teacher, Messenger, Prophet or Messiah every 1,000 yrs give or take a few hundred years with new teachings embued with a mystical kind of pied piper attraction that causes civilisation to go in the direction of the piper. We cant resist it once we fall in love with the melody but how much is free will and how much is it the irresistible music is hard to know. God intervenes but the effect is gradual as people are slowly attracted to the new song. Today the tune and melody is the oneness and unity of humankind as a family and again this melody will attract all men over time. It never fails. Just the tune changes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Then sadism, maybe? Either way, someone is getting something out of the arrangement. Or maybe it's just pointless.

If Jesus didn't die, then how has he expressed a willingness to die?

I don't believe it is sadism either.

I believe we do get something out of it. We know that God has suffered the way we suffer so our suffering is not due to God not knowing what we are going through.

I believe I never said that Jesus didn't die only that He is now alive.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Right there when you bring up a grammatical error that does not prevent you from understanding the point I was making.

A study from the University of Michigan has said that those who constantly correct grammar, or so-called “Grammar Police,” are nothing but a bunch of jerks. The study states that one’s personality influences how someone will react to errors seen on social media or in emails.

The experiment from UM checked out how both introverted and extroverted people reacted to the typos they see in emails. Once all was said and done, they learned that those who weren’t really socially-inclined ended up judging “the person who makes such errors more negatively.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2954731/sc...matical-errors-are-jerks/#MWllMAvWWvi1UaBh.99
You consider pointing out that I'm referring to more than one person as "taunting?" I mean, seriously? You weren't making a point, you were simply stating that I regularly taunt Christians. Yet you provide no example of actual taunting of one single Christian, never mind a group of them.

P.S. I don't constantly correct grammar, and I wasn't doing so in this instance. In fact, I rarely ever correct grammar (or spelling either), as I realize there are many people here whose first language is not English. Please don't make things up.

P.P.S. You also said, " I expect your negativity, as do many other posters here," as though you can speak for anybody else here, who I think if you asked them, would not agree with you since I get along quite well with most people from all walks of life on this forum, and have for a number of years.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Your question contained diatribe.as it contains denunciations and criticisms
I asked a question. I didn't rant on and on and call you names. I asked a question that was one sentence long. It contained no denunciations or criticisms. But I would say that if you can't handle criticism of your ideas, then you shouldn't be debating them on a public forum where that kind of thing is done.

And here we are again going on and on about something that has nothing to do with the discussion. You're seeing things that aren't there.

Could you response to the meat and potatoes of my posts please?

That depends on what you believe is a Christian.
I asked what YOU what YOU think about that person being a Christian.

djhwoodwerks

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. He took the Mosaic Laws and He fulfilled them, when He introduced the Beatitudes, It is pretty obvious that is what He did. How would His perfect life change the Mosaic Laws? Where is the connections? Where is the evidence? This is what casts a degree of dubiety on your claim to be a Christian, false doctrine intended to deceive.

You believe that when Jesus, Matthew 5:2 (ESV Strong's) 2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:, He 'fulfilled' the law?

Then why would He, after fulfilling the law, say,

Matthew 5:17-18 (ESV Strong's) 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

didn't He just fulfill the law with His 'teaching' the crowd?

This is what casts a degree of dubiety on your claim to be a Christian, false doctrine intended to deceive.

And you say that we were valiant warriors "in heaven", but had to come to earth and be human to be tried and tested to "get back" to heaven. Where's your scriptural evidence for that nonsense?

How would His perfect life change the Mosaic Laws?

His perfect life didn't "change" the law, it 'fulfilled' it.

Serenity7855

Another poster has already pointed out that you did say the Old Testament was obsolete, which is also what I took from your post (pretty much word for word). So maybe both of us misunderstood you, OR you didn't relate your message clearly enough. Which is fine, if you want to clarify, but no need to get all snippy about it.

You do that a lot, don't you. You use other posters to bolster your own argument as if they have some kind of authority that exceeds everyone else's. Do you really think that it is beyond all realms of possibility for two people to be equally wrong.
What parts of the OT exactly are you saying are obsolete then?

The Mosaic Law

Not the ten commandments.

Jesus Christ has fulfilled them, clarified them.
Not the "prophecies."

If a prophecy changes then it was not a prophecy

Not the story of Job.

The story of Job was an event. It cannot be made obsolete or change in anyway as it has become a part of history.
How about all the stuff about torturing and killing gay people or unruly children?

There was plenty of violence in the Old Testament, although a poster here has just said that the New Testament is worse, however, gays in particular? Really? Homosexuality was strictly forbidden, but so was theft and adultery.
It sounds like you're saying only the stuff you don't like about it is obsolete.

Really, you think that is the kind of thing that Christians do, commit sacrilege and impiety against the word of God. That is for those who believe that there is no accountability to a Higher being for there transgressions.
You couldn't even agree with me that you don't worship the same god(s) as people from all kinds of other different faiths do (which seems rather obvious to me).
Why would I? I didn't agree with you because you are monumentally wrong. We are all, every single one of us, children of just one loving Heavenly Father, or what ever name that you give Him. The difference in cultures that have developed over centuries have caused the diversity in the Gods we all worship. But as I said, the important factor is how we conduct ourselves during this mortal probation. We need to prove ourselves herewith.
It was a question. Relax. In all these words you've posted, you still haven't even answered that question.

That is a matter of opinion, and your opinion doesn't matter.:D

Also, I didn't say a single thing about your grammar.

So pointing out to me that I have missed a letter at the end of a word is not saying a single thing about my grammar, OK

Last edited: