• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don’t you believe in God?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If any god wants my attention they know how to get it.

Since I have not even heard chirping crickets in that regard, i will continue as though they do not want my attention.
It might not work that way but to each their own

PureX

Veteran Member
I can't see any value in believing things to be so when I have no way of knowing them to be so. So I don't "believe in" God.

However, there is both logic and value in hoping that something I would like to be so, will be or will become so, to the degree that I act as if. That's called faith. Or living by faith. And I can choose to do this in regards to the question of the existence of a benevolent God.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I can't see any value on believing things to be so when I have no way of knowing them to be so. So I don't "believe in" God.

However, there is both logic and value in hoping that something I would like to be so, will be or will become so, to the degree that I act as if. That's called faith. Or living by faith. And I choose to do this in regards to the question of the existence of a benevolent God.
Well, at least you have a little hope. Maybe that will bloom into something else.